Chapter 15 - New Life

Angel x The Devil

Chapter 15 – New Life

God: We shall decide a punishment for you!

Kei steps forward and stretches his arms in protecting Mayumi.

Kei: If you want to punish, do punish me. I was the cause of all these. If I didn’t meet Mayumi, she would not have known about her precious wings and even, killed the joker.

Mayumi: No!! Do punish me!! I am a Sinner and I’ll always be one; my records will not ease. In addition, I have again made a sin; I killed a joker.

Kei: Mayumi!! I can never let you suffer alone!!

God: Enough!! With you two pushing and taking responsibilities to each other, I will not be able to decide the punishment!!

Kei and Mayumi: Then don’t decide!! Punish me then!!

Mayumi and Kei look at each other and smile. They then hold each other hands tightly, interlocking their fingers together.

God: Mayumi, Kei, both of you do know that it is against the law to date each other. An angel cannot date a devil! In addition, Mayumi, you are a Sinner, having a pair of broken wings, you are an outcast! Will you gain happiness by staying Kei’s side?

Mayumi: I definitely will be happy; I always wanted someone who can stay by my side, never to make me lonely, never to abandon me, never to look down on me, never to detest me just because I have a pair of broken wings. I always wanted to feel the warm, always wanted to feel love. Kei, he gave me that, he was the one who filled me with plenty of emotions. I used to be an angel in just a shell, I was nothing, but luckily, there was Kei.

Kei: Mayumi… I feel the same too; I also wanted to feel loved. I always wanted someone who will not look down on me, treat me differently just because I am just as kind-hearted as an angel. Despite that I look like a devil, deep down, I will act like a devil and protect you! This is because, I love you!

God: Oh my, this is too mushy. It’s mushier than your great-grandparents!!

Mayumi: Whose great-grandparents, Saint?

God: Yours, Mayumi!! Your great-grandparents!!

Kei and Mayumi look at each other with perplex. God then chuckles and heave a sigh of relief.

God: I am glad that I gave them the correct punishment.

Mayumi: What, what punishment? What did my great-grandparents did?

God: Well, it is a long story, care for listening?

Mayumi and Kei nod their heads.

God: Mayumi, your great-grandfather was a devil and your great-grandmother was an angel. Just like the two of you, they knew that it was against the law to date with each other. However, stubborn and daringly, they dated each other and came up to meet me.

Mayumi; How did they met each other?

God: Well, they coincidently bumped each other on the shopping district. Your great-grandmother was a bookworm and your great-grandfather was a player. They bumped into each other for three times and because of this fate, your great-grandfather tries to woo her.

Kei: Are you serious?? Isn’t that the almost same as us?!

Mayumi opens to say something but nothing comes out.

God: Yes, they were like you guys, hanging around with each other and your great-grandfather was a star. He is different from Kei though, Kei sings romance genre but he sings more of heartbreaking songs. Your great-grandmother was surprised. It was hilarious!!

Flashback of Mayumi’s great-grandparents rushes into the scene.

Minami: Keita!! Why didn’t you tell me that you are a singer?

Keita: My dearest angel, why must I tell you? I’m not that famous either…

Minami: Oh please, if you are not famous, I would not have seen you music video all around the shopping district!! Not to mention, ubiquitous posters pasted around the shopping district too!!

Keita: Hah…

Keita scratches his head and smiles sheepishly. He blushes when Minami looks at him closely.

Minami: Hey, we have been dating for a while now; I think it time for us to tell…

Keita: No!! Once they know, they would glare at me.  

Minami: I didn’t think that you are the sensitive type of guy. It’s a surprise for a devil to be like this.

Minami teases and Keita blushes. He stands from his seat and pulls Minami out.

Keita: Let’s go for some shopping!!

Minami: To the café!!

Just as Minami and Keita step out, they are transported to another dimension and soon, meeting up with a half angel and a half devil.

God: You two!! You do know it is against the law to be dating with each other!!

Keita: What?! Who the heck are you?!

God: What? You don’t know me? I’m God, your saint!!

Keita: Rubbish.

Minami nudges Keita and Keita keeps quiet.

Minami: Yes, we do know that it is against the law, but we are willingly to accept any punishment. Besides, even if our parents object the idea that we will be getting married, I will still love Keita!

Keita: Minami… Oi, you are a half angel and a half devil, this kind of things, you should understand. You are a mix, and we, will also want to be together just like your body!

God: You are so impertinent! However, you do have a point! Fortunately, as what you said, I am here to mix you two and thus, your punishment, from the book of laws, will be you two living as humans on earth!

Minami and Keita looks at each other.

Minami: That’s it?

God: What else do you expect?

Minami: I thought we will be sentence to death or something.

God: Well, we are all immortal creatures. Humans are mortal beings thus they have to cherish their lives more than we do. They have to appreciate the things around them and not take advantage of anyone or anything. That’s your “punishment”; to learn the true meaning of happiness. Despite the fact that you have gain happiness, in this world, you can never get it; angels and devils do not mix. Therefore, the book of law states that you can live the way you want to when you are on earth! So treasure it!!

Minami and Keita hold each other’s hand and they drop down into the big and blue beautiful planet Earth.

The flashback ends and God smiles at himself. He then turns to Mayumi and Kei and smiles widely.

God: Therefore, now it is your turn. It is not a punishment; I’ll send you down to earth so that you can experience what is true happiness. Happiness is where you find it yourself. Right now, staying in this world will not bring you much happiness as many will look at you differently. Thus, bringing you to earth where everything is fair and equal, you may find your own happiness and fate,

Mayumi and Kei smile to each other and hug tightly.

Kei: Remember what did I said after meeting each other for three times?

Mayumi: Of course!! “The first incident was an accident. The second “meeting” was a coincidence. The third time at the supermarket was fate. So the fourth time, now, is destiny.”

Kei: Wow!! You did remember!! It was exactly what I said before!! Amazing memory!!

Mayumi: That was the most unforgettable line that you ever told me! I will always etch this line in my heart, forever.

With that said, both of them drop down into the big and blue beautiful planet Earth. Down on earth, Mayumi and Kei are walking along with each other on a shopping district. Mayumi looks up into the sky and heave a loud sigh.

Kei: What’s wrong, Mayumi?

Mayumi: Oh, nothing. I was just wondering… the sky is so wide.

Kei: You are weird… But, it is true; the sky is huge and wide.

Mayumi: Say Kei, do you believe in angels and devils?

Kei: I don’t know about that, perhaps deep down inside my heart, I do. Why the sudden question?

Mayumi: I believe that angels and devils do exist; they could be just above us, watching us and protecting us.

Kei then looks up into the sky and gives a little smile. Mayumi looks at Kei and smiles widely at him.

Kei: You are right; I do feel that there are some creatures looking after us from afar. Who knows that we have been friends before?

Just then, two girls call out their name.

Girl 1: Mayumi, Kei, hurry up!! Maya is already at the café waiting for us!!

Mayumi: Eh?! Ako!! Where is Rumi?

Ako: She went for shopping!! She will meet us at the cinema! We need to find Maya first!!

Kei: Okay, okay!! We will be there soon!! Mayumi, let’s go!!

Mayumi: Yeah!!

With that Mayumi and Kei run along! Their new journey begins, finding their everlasting happiness. Wishing them the entire best, fly up high in the sky, the angels smile at them. Whatever you want to have, you must overcome any obstacle and these obstacles are surmountable. Never give up and pursue what you desire. Never to let go of your own happiness, treasure every single thing. Wish you to be happy, forever.