The Dilemma of Life

Bus Rides & Sleepy Misses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

---

 

A few days later, Luhan's just left work and is now walking with Sehun towards the nearest bubble tea shop. Only thing is, while they're walking, Sehun is also recounting what just happened to him a few minutes ago when he saw that one guy that he hates.

 

"So like as soon as I got off the bus, right--I saw him. And he was like, 'Oh, hey' and I was like--" His face goes blank for a second and Luhan laughs. "--then he was like, 'Oh yeah, you don't speak English that well, right?' And then he told me his stupid name and asked for mine and like--don't judge me, okay?"

 

Luhan furrows his eyebrows for a second before he says, "Wait--yo, you didn't--you didn't like tell him my name, did you?"

 

"No, what the heck--I'm not an idiot," Sehun says, rolling his eyes.

 

"Then wha'dya say?"

 

Sehun averts his eyes as he mumbles, "...Yixing."

 

"Dude..."

 

"I know, I know...But so what? It's not like he's gonna meet Yixing or anything though."

 

-------

 

Later that day, Yixing's just heading out from his own job, his dance bag strapped around his shoulder, and music blasting high from his earbuds. Like usual, he stayed after his shift was over to just dance in the practice-room some more until he basically got shooed out by Taemin.

 

So now, he's just about to pass the perpendicular row of shops in this strip mall when his eyes land on some guy untying his apron while walking out of the flower shop up ahead. Yixing's just about to look down at his phone to skip the song that's playing when some card falls out of the guy's pocket and the guy continues to walk away--oblivious to it.

 

"Hey--" Yixing takes out an earbud and cups the side of his mouth. "--you dropped something!"

 

The man turns around with lifted eyebrows and looks down at the sidewalk before jogging over to him as Yixing carefully bends down to pick up what turns out to be an ID.

 

Huh...Brandon, he thinks as he glances at the card holder's name.

 

Nothing special happens after he hands the card back besides the guy offering to buy him a soda at the dollar store. With a bit of a smile, Yixing just waves the request away and the guy thanks him again before they end up walking to the same bus-stop.

 

Later, when Luhan calls him to ask if he met a guy named Brandon today and he responds with a confused Yeah?, he gets further baffled when Luhan starts to cackle on the other end.

 

-------

 

The next morning, as Chanyeol takes a step into his shared dorm-room, he immediately jumps back in shock when a frazzled Junmyeon lets out a shriek and scrambles up from his bed. They both stand there in a short, awkward silence as Chanyeol looks from the distinct person-shaped lump right next to Junmyeon to him and back again.

 

"I-it's not what it looks like!" Junmyeon finally exclaims.

 

Chanyeol fully enters the room at that, letting the door shut behind him. Then, as he squints at the other person, he starts walking over because the person's not even moving. Like, he doesn't even see the blanket over them moving up and down.

 

Then, as he gets even closer, he fully takes in the person's shape underneath the sheet and instantly realizes what's going on. "Is--" He starts snorting as he tries to hold in his laughter. "--is that--ahahaha!"

 

He just stands there, his eyes crinkled and his hand covering his mouth as he laughs and laughs. Junmyeon just frowns at him, his cheeks red.

 

"I can't believe ahaha--" He laughs so hard that he drops down to his knees, his arms splayed out on top of Junmyeon's legs. "--you got a--a in' ahahaha...!"

 

Junmyeon elbows his arm and Chanyeol finally looks up, tears actually streaming down his face at how hard he's been laughing. Now that he's even closer, he can definitely see the telltale signs of a body pillow. (A body pillow of an anime character to be exact.)

 

Chanyeol throws his head back as he resumes laughing and Junmyeon finally responds. "Hey, why are you laughing at me when you have a full-on wolf fursuit that you--"

 

Chanyeol shoots up onto his feet. "Hey!"

 

"Hey, what?"

 

"We all have our in' kinks--I'm not judging you 'cause of that."

 

"Then--wait, it's not a kink! I just wanted to--"

 

"Hey, what you do with your new body pillow is none of my business, Jun."

 

Junmyeon then takes the chance to chuck his head-pillow at him and Chanyeol ducks away while laughing all over again.

 

-------

 

For Luhan's birthday this year, he's just keeping everything low-key. (More so, because his birthday falls on a Monday, and because he partied like hell two days prior.)

 

Right now, it's the late afternoon and he's at Minseok's apartment, cuddling with him and occasionally jumping off the couch in excitement as they watch some soccer on Minseok's TV.

 

Having a big party before his birthday was fun, but he thinks that all the partying in the world couldn't beat just being with Minseok right now. And thankfully, this year is a bit different from other years because now he can confidently hold Minseok's hand in his, can kiss his pretty, pink lips, and openly smile with love as Minseok grins with love too.

 

-------

 

If there's one thing that Baekhyun hates, it's a liar. And what's even worse than a liar, is a bad liar.

 

He had decided since last week that he was actively gonna go out there and meet some new people. (Not because his friends are lame or anything but because it's already May 1st. Which means that it's already one month away from being the middle of the year and he's still single as .)

 

All the rational thoughts had left his mind and got replaced by his old feelings of inadequacy to the point where he started to really get on people's (Kyungsoo's) nerves.

 

"Baekhyunnie...you know what I think you need?" Kyungsoo had said to him over the phone.

 

"A good ."

 

"No--what--"

 

But Baekhyun had stopped listening after that and started mentally concocting a plan for his newest adventure. Which...leads to where he is now. Stunned after meeting face-to-face with a man who could've been his dream sugar daddy.

 

"Yeah--no, I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter