Happy Valentine

My Valentine

It’s not even a whole minute passed after Sehun updated his instagram when his phone suddenly buzzed angrily. Glancing at the caller ID, he rolled his eyes. After letting it rang a few more times, he picked it up.

“Let me talk to my baozi,” said another side once the line connected, not giving them a chance for greet exchange.

Sehun huffed and mutter, “hold a sec.” he approached his oldest hyung who was sleeping soundly and peacefully on a single black couch.

“Wake him up gently, okay?”

He rolled his eyes again and said nothing, kneeling down next to a sleeping guy with a white hoodie.

“Hyung.”

Minseok felt someone poked his mask covered cheek.

“Minseok hyung.”

Now someone was calling his name. Not ony that, whoever that was, the person began to softly tug his sleeve. But, no. Minseok won’t give up on his sleeping that easily.

“Minseok hyung!”

A huge hand shook his shoulder with the not-so-gentle touch. Reluctantly, he forced himself to open his eyes and find who was dare enough to disturb his precious and limited nap time.

“You’re too rough Sehunnie!” a little voice reached Minseok’s ear. It sounded so distant—supposedly from the phone speaker.

Oh of course it’s Sehun. That cheeky brat. But, phone speaker?

“Come on, hyung! Your little deer won’t stop bothering me before you talk to him,” the maknae shook Minseok’s tiny body and handed him his iphone.

Still half awake, Minseok fumbled with a device in his hand. He didn’t bother to see who was the caller. It must be him. Who else would call him today?

“Hel—“

“HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY, MIN!”

“—Lo, Lu Han.” He insisted on finishing his sentence while rubbing the sleepy feel away from his eyes. “Yes, happy Valentine’s day to you too, Han.”

“How was your nap?”

“Nice,” said Minseok. “Until you interrupt it.”

Hearty laugh could be heard from across the line. “Actually, I’m calling you on purpose. I want to hear your raspy after sleep voice. It’s so damn y, you know.”

“Oh, please. You don’t—wait,” Minseok’s brows knitted together. “How could you know I was taking a nap?”

Another laugh. A bit annoying this time. “You won’t know,” Lu Han sang a song. “Thank God you deactived your instagram. Just pretend that my superpower is feeling your state wherever and whenever you are instead of ing useless telekinesis.”

Minseok’s brows knitted even deeper as he glanced to his group mates who sat a couch apart from him. “Did someone post my sleeping picture on SNS? Was it Sehun?”

“I can’t be Kyungsoo, right?”

“That brat,” he muttered under his breath.

“It’s not exactly your sleeping photo. It was a group pic actually. But still, you curling up cutely was on a clear display. Not to mention you were the nearest to camera,” Lu Han giggled softly. “You can murder him after this and tell me the detail later. But now, let me talk to you, would you?”

Minseok could simply notice the changing from his cheerful tone into the serious one. He silently shifted on his seat and adjusted a phone in his hand, preparing to hear what would slip from the chinese’s mouth.

“I’m sorry for not being with you in this very romantic day,” he said, and there was a slight guilt in his voice.

“Have we ever been a romantic couple before?” Minseok chuckled lightly.

“I’m serious, Min!” Minseok could practically see Lu Han’s cute pouty face now. “I promised you to spend all special moments in this year with you.”

“But we spent Lunar New Year together, right?” replied Minseok with an amused expression on his face. “Or perhaps our experimental night with those ice creams wasn’t enough for you? I’m sorry, I think I’m getting old.” Since all Minseok could hear was a silence, he added. “Oh, please, don’t say you’re blushing right now. Stop acting like you weren’t the one who spread the ice creams all over my body, it away, poun—“

“Minseok!”

Jongdae laughed so hard, Minseok was sure Lu Han could hear him. “Okay, okay. I’ll be serious now. Please just don’t feel guilty. It doesn’t suit you. Beside we all know it’s not anybody’s fault we can be together right now. My tour will be over soon, and we can meet up comfortably—hopefully.”

“It’s true, but..,” Lu Han stopped, hesitating for a while. “Even on your birthday…”

“Lu Han, I said before that it doesn’t matter if I have to turn 28 without my lover right next to me. Sehun will have to as well.”

“Why are you so sure Zitao won’t suddenly come up in your dorm room on April 12? He’s always so full of surprises,” butted Lu Han.

Minseok ignored him. “What I’m trying to say is, congratulations for your very first solo concert, Han. I’ll take your live performance of the -my- song as my birthday present. You had sang it exclusively for me before, but who knows you’ll get wilder in front of more audiences?”

“It’s not a song about a ! Oh my god, Kim Minseok!” Lu Han groaned embarrassedly. Now Jongdae’s laugh was accompanied with Chanyeol’s and Sehun’s. “I don’t remember you were this blunt.”

“I wasn’t. Baekhyun taught me a lot. You should hear his long speech about How To Be a Dominant Bottom.”

“Hey, it’s our secret, hyung!” Baekhyun half yelled from other couch.

“Just…,” Lu Han found himself speechless. “Don’t talk that way to anybody but me, okay?”

“That’s for sure.”

There was a comforting silence after that, until Lu Han broke it with his low voice. “I love you, Min.”

“I know. And I love you too, Han,” Minseok replied instantly, firmly. Ignoring his other group mates who cooed him and some even pretended to gag, he continued before Lu Han can talk another thing. “And if you’re going to say you are sorry to leave me for the nth time, or tell me how we will live happily ever after together in the future with some adopted children and dogs, or any other cheesy stuffs, I’m hanging this call.”

Lu Han laughed happily, not even offended in the slightest. “Have you had enough about all of that?”

“Nope, it’s not the case. But I’m not in the very private place right now. I don’t want anybody but you see my flustered face.”

“God, Baekhyun really did a great job,” Lu Han half mumbled. “I got it. I’ll video call you very soon.”

Minseok’s smile grew wider. “I’m anticipating. Oh, one more thing, Han.”

Lu Han hummed in response.

“Thanks for being my Valentine.”

And it took everything in Lu Han for not booking the next fight from South Korea to North America right away, only to squeeze a death of his adorable lover.