Guests

Your Melody Remains
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Leo stepped out of the car and looked at the lavish and exquisite mansion. He shouldn't be expecting any less since it's Gangnam. Completely mesmerized by it, he didn't realise the gate had opened for him to enter by an old butler who wore a prim tail coat and had grey hair dusted with black. His eyes were so narrow that it seemed like he wore a very thick eye liner, there were no signs of his whites. 

He smiled and bowed, "welcome" he said in voice clear and sharp, his tone low as Leo entered the residence and set foot on the gravel path that was covered with large urns of exotic roses pooling out of them on each side. Leo felt very small as he walked slowly as if walking through clouds in a dream, his eyes capturing the whole view of the magnificent place. Looking at his side, he noticed there were ponds with greek statues made of silver in between them, set atop the pond and water poured out like glass reflecting the sun with all the colors of the rainbow from the pots they were holding and the fishes underneath them sprayed the water out from their mouths, next to them there were a lot of small colourful houses with many tunnels made for the cats, a few were already running around it. He looked towards the other side to see all kinds of fairy like little houses set tall for birds of all sizes and types that chirped happily and flew in and out of them towards the mature fruit trees behind them. There were four kennels, two on each side for the dogs that protected the house, they all were of different classification too. He smiled softly as he had a fondness of pets and wanted to touch them but was too shy to reach out to them. 

"Do you like them, Mister Taekwoon?" The butler asked as Leo stood still in the middle of the path without even realising it. He was completely entranced by the scenery around him that the butler had to ask again. He was pulled out of his dream world when he heard him this time. 

"I do like it very much. Do you take care of them? Also, please call me Leo." He said. He also noticed his bag had somehow transferred into the hands of the butler when he remembers holding it himself, but he didn't take much note of it.

"Mister Leo it is then. Yes, I do take care of them. The owner of the house used to love pets too." 

"Used to? Is he not here?" Leo questioned a little puzzled.

The butler stayed silent and smiled sweetly at Leo as they almost reached the alluring mansion.

 At closer inspection, the mansion was even more appealing. It was painted in royal red and had a white roof with white tall pillars which had designs in golden engraved into them before the mahogny double doors that stood good as new before them. He wondered who the owner was and what had he done to gain such immense wealth to do all this. 

As the doors opened, Leo saw that he wasn't the only one there. There were about six more people in the room. He stood there completely impassive as he didn't like talking at all. He didn't want anyone to notice him but a girl with thick rimmed glasses just had to approach him. 

"Hello! Are you here for the contest?" Her eyes were strangely a complete black. They were too large for her teenager face and physique. She was short and didn't have a good body but was rather slim. She wore a blue suspender overall and a pink shirt inside. She spoke so loud in her high pitched voice, everyone in the room turned to look at Leo. He just gave her a look before noticing the other faces, one of the men smiled warmly at him.

"You don't seem to be the talkative type, but at least tell us your name and the reason you're here. We're all sticking together here, you know." He seemed laidback but rather professional with his dressing and way of speaking in such a greeting, baritone voice. 

"My name is Jung Taekwoon but please call me Leo.... I came here for the contest..." He said quietly. His voice a whisper like the wind. Somehow the man heard him well and smiled at him encouragingly that made Leos' heart beat a little easier. He felt comfort. But, it didn't show on his emotionless face.

"Nice to meet you, Leo. I'm Bang Yong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter