Paris Proposal

Three Perfect Days
Day 3
 
Hyukjae
 
I called our dorm, "I'll be back tomorrow, can you have someone pick me up, hyung?" I asked sungmin hyung.
 
"Araso. Do you want to talk to Donghae? He asked.
 
"Aniyo. He ruined my night. Besides, he's probably hung over, he does ot drink." I said. 
 
I heard a groan at the background.
 
I hung up the phone. I looked at the clock, Shinhae went out, I called her and she said she was going shopping first.
 
I would nevere go shop with a girl even my sister. They are like army men at war when they shop.
 
I looked at the necklace I am gonna give her it has a pendant of Eiffel tower. To remind her of the time I spent with her.
 
I decided I would tell her I liked her at the dinner tonight.
 
I just hope karma does not bite me in the after what I did to Donghae.
 
I got my phone and pulled up the picture during our first night, near the fountain and made it my wallpaper.
 
I called the lobby to ask for a car. 
 
We will have a dinner cruise at 8:30pm on Bateux Parisiens. I plan to ask her to try and start dating me when we get back home.
 
I understand her hesitancy being burned by her ex turned best friend but I am different than him.
 
I sighed, just not as handsome, I have to admit that. 
 
I looked at my phone and saw a message from Donghae.
 
Donghae: Mianhe, I didn't mean to ruin your vacation, I was just so pissed, I thought you knew where she is.
 
Me: I told you I don't know where she is. I even think she's not in Seoul, Shinhae spoke to her on the phone, I heard she's interning or something and it includes a trip all over the world, depending on her assignment.
 
Donghae: Should I just give up?
 
I sighed. 
 
Me: You are too late, pestering her friends won't win you points. She will be at Hye Yoo noona's wedding. You try to talk to her then, maybe she will give you time.
 
He didn't reply anymore so I started to pick my stuff around the room, my flight leaves early in the morning.
 
When I go back, Donghae and I would be recording new songs and we maybe in Japan.
 
I thought of what I planned for the night. I wish it won't be thrown at my face.
 
--------------
Shinhae
 
I bought him a black baseball cap with a letter H on it. Something to remember me by.
 
I bought a black knee length dress for our dinner. Good thing I have the perfect boots to go with it.
 
When I got back in my room, I checked my phone and there was a message, a ton of it actually.
 
Hye Yoo: Paris with Eunhyuk! OMG!
 
Hannee: (pic) at Luxemborg park, although it was a bit dark I recognized the angle of the shot is just so you.
 
Damn those fan girls!
 
Hyun Ae: Are you dating or something?
 
Hannee: I would agree with that conclusion.
 
Hye Yoo: should we start calling him Hyukjae now? (wink)
 
Hyun Ae: Shinhae burned bridges before, not sure if Hyukjae is just in for that heartbreak. When she says she's not into relationships.
 
Hannee: it's been what 5 years since that break up, I think Shinhae may give him a chance.
 
Hye Yoo: I doubt it.
 
Hanne: besides she dated that Japanese Brazilian guy I forgot his name.
 
Daniel Matsunaga, I dated him and I dated other guys in 5 years it was all fun while it lasted.
 
Me: I didn't think you'd be talking like that. I left my phone here in the hotel, just got back from shopping. I told him I am not into relationships specially now that I am going to law school, he has not given me any signs that he's into me.
 
Hye Yoo: you're a girl easy to love. You a passionate and warm to all people.
 
Hyun Ae: Plus, you are his type of girl. Pretty and nice. I bet you pretended to be his girl so people would get off his back while he's on vacation.
 
Hannee: it's something she's capable of. I mean when I went to visit her in Manila, she cut class and threw her phone because my bad ex won't stop pestering her for information.
 
Shinhae: if and only if he is interested in something more, I would have to let him down. I will try to be nice about it.
 
Hye Yoo: I knew it, nothing comes in between Shinhae and her plans in life.
 
Hyun Ae: Shinhae, the keys to my apartment is with Hannee, tell her when you're going there.
 
Hannee: Hye Yoo unni and I are picking up with my cousin Myungsoo.
 
Shinhae: L? Hahahah cool, eye candy that would be heaving my luggages.
 
Hye Yoo: I hope he's not gonna be shocked when I flirt with him.
 
Hannee: LOL. He's used to it unni.
 
I looked at the time, it's about 6pm
 
Me: TTYL, gotta prepare for dinner. I'll see you in two days.
 
I threw my phone on the bed and dashed to the bathroom.
 
---------------
Hyukjae
 
I was waiting at the lobby for Shinhae. 
 
It was our last night, I want this to be perfect.
 
When the elevator sounded I looked and saw her step out.
 
She looked pretty. In that black dress and boots.
 
"ready?" I asked her. She nodded, the car was at the side.
 
"I'll meet you in the car, there are still paparazzis outside." I explained and she nodded, she went out of the main entrance while I go out the employee entrance. 
 
When we're both in the car, she was taking a Selca of herself.
 
"how about one of us together?" I asked her. She smiled and I sat close to her and we both smiled on her phone.
 
I may sound pathetic but I kinda don't care, I want a picture of us together on her phone, it may remind her how we look together and who she was with the past three days.
 
When the car stopped by the bay, "we're having a cruise!" she exclaimed, I nodded, "I hope you like it." I said.
 
"I love it." she said.
 
We walked and went our way to the ship.
 
"Komawo, Hyukjae oppa. This is a perfect ending to my vacation." she said and she grabbed my arm and pulled me down and she kissed my cheek.
 
As the ship started to sail, I looked at lights and the view in front of us. She took some pictures on her digital camera.
 
I smiled at myself, the first part of the night is perfect.
 
We sat at our table a few minutes after the waiter served us wine, I asked him for soda, "You don't drink?" she asked and I nodded.
 
She took a sip of the wine and smiled. 
 
"I'll give you my gift." she said. She handed me a paper bag and I handed her a box.
 
"I hope you like it." I said.
 
I opened the paper bag and saw a baseball cap. I smiled and sawit had the first letter of my real name on it.
 
She opened her box and smiled, "Nice gift." I said, "Komawo." 
 
"Thanks for the necklace." she wore it while we were talking. 
 
The waiter served our food and I wished when the desserts come she'd be happy still.
 
The dessert is a Vanilla and strawberry vacherin and I requested the waiter to put a ring inside it, it's not an engagement ring but it's like a promise ring, I bought a silver ring designed as infinity. 
 
"the food is just delicious." I said, Shinhae was quiet, "is there a problem? I asked her.
 
She looked at me sadly, she put the ring on a piece of tissue and handed it back to me.
 
"I didn't realize, that the pretending we did would end up like this. I wish I could say to you that I feel the same, but I can't." she said.
 
"I am not asking for you to like me too now. But give me a chance to prove to you I am worth it. I understand, you will be busy, I will be too. But I will find time to see you and talk to you everyday." I pleaded.
 
"I know you will and that's the problem, I am not willing to compromise, I am not ready to commit, it's only three days that we have known each other and you are making a decision that could be life altering. Have you not learned from Donghae oppa's heartbreak?" she continued, "Look, I am sorry if I led you to believe that there could be something more but there just isn't, when we're back home, you will be living a life far different than mine. I know you said you will be different than heis to Hyun Ae unni but it doesn't matter to me." she said.
 
I looked at her, she looked sad but determined to break my heart, and I have to say she's succeeding.
 
-----------------
Shinhae
 
"I like you but as a friend. If you are willing to settle for that." I said, his stance changed and the look in his eyes from pleading to dead, did something to my heart. I feel mine, being turned into two.
 
"Keep the ring. I don't need it. I am not willing to be just your friend, if you're not willing to be in a relationship it's fine. I will forget you. I'll see you around." he said, he stood up and I realized that the cruise was done. He walked away from me.
 
I waited 10 minutes before I stood up. I wished I brought my phone with me.
 
I badly needed to talk to the girls.
 
I feel sorry for breaking his heart, I would never forget the shift in his eyes when I said he should settle as a friend to be in my life.
 
That was harsh. I remembered what Jonghoon said to me when we last talked over the phone, before I went home, "We were young and we wanted to conquer the world. We forgot how it is to live and love."
 
Have I really forgotten to love, that all is left for me is to chase my dreams and make it real?
 
I went down the cruise ship and saw that the car is still there, I went in and asked the driver to drive me to the Quartier Latin at Luxembourg park. It's located on the left bank of the Seine, around the Sorbonne.
 
There were benches all over the place, I sat at one of them and watched the people pass by.
 
I sighed and decided to close my eyes and let my heart rule my head.
 
I reminisced the time we roamed around the central fountain in this park, 
the first dinner we shared that I realized we were both into sweet food.
The look on his face when I grabbed his hand, the time we ate and toured Eiffel tower.
 
I realized when I saw his smiling face in my mind that he's someone I could have loved had I allowed myself to take the fall.
 
I smiled, when I opened my eyes, he's not as handsome as any of the guys I dated but he's been real with me. He made me feel I missed being a girlfriend, at the back of my mind the little things I did for him were things I did because I liked him too.
 
I stood up and decided to go back to the hotel, I need to talk to him, I should give him a chance. Me, I should give myself a chance.
 
I went back to the car and he drove me back to the hotel.
 
I tried to walk as fast as I could to his room, I knocked.
 
There was no answer.
 
The hotel staff, came near me, "He already left madam, he asked to receptionist to ship his stiff back home in South Korea.
 
I just nodded and went back to my room.
 
--------------------