Bonjour Paris

Three Perfect Days
Shinhae
 
A trip to Paris before I start law school. That's the best gift my parents has given me. Three days in Paris is like heaven. 
 
"It's always been your dream." My dad said as he handed me the tickets while we were eating take out Chinese food at home.
 
My plane landed at Charles De Gaulle Airport on a cold Friday morning. A car service picked me up. My parents booked me a Deluxe room at Hotel Eiffel Trocadero near Champ Elysses. The place dubbed as the beautiful avenue.
 
I feel all grown up. I closed me eyes and took a deep breath. I will forget the life I left behind and turned off my phone. This would be all me.
 
After I rest I will go to Champ Elysses and visit Laudaree, I will eat their world famous macaroons and other sweets that would satisfy my sweet tooth.
 
The driver stopped in front of the hotel and gave him a tip.
 
"Welcome." the receptionist smiled at me.
 
"Hi, I have a reservation for the deluxe room. My name is Shin Hae Lee." I smiled at her as she checked her computer.
 
I haven't been home in Korea for a long time, my parents gave me this gift since I  finished pre law at prestigious school in the Philippines. After this vacation, I am going home to Seoul and continue my law school at Yonsei.
 
"Here you go, enjoy yourself." the receptionist smiled at me.
 
The bell boy got my stuff in the elevator as we went up to my room.
 
"You're also a Korean?" he asked me.
 
"Yes." I answered.
 
"A celebrity is staying here since two days ago. Maybe you know him, he's private though." he shared.
 
"I don't know, I have not been home for about 5 years now." I smiled at him. I stopped at my room and he put my bags in.
 
"Thank you."
 
I looked at the time and saw that it was just 10am, I decided to freshen up and take a nap.
 
Later tonight I will eat at my heart out. Chocolates. Daebak!
 
Hyukjae
 
I heard someone checked in at the room beside me. Five days of perfection. I am alone and I plan to enjoy this. I shampooed my hair and colored it black. I want less people to recognize me, since I'm on my vacation.
 
With all the busy schedule waiting for me, this is a blessed time.
 
Room service knocked, I ordered breakfast and coffee.
 
I opened the door, he put in the tray.
 
"Thank you." I said.
 
"Sir, the girl in the other room is a Korean like you maybe you want to go with her later. I saw that both of you asked for car service to go to Champ Elysees. She's not answering her phone but she may be sleeping. Just call the receptionist if it's okay." he said.
 
I just nodded. He walked out of the room and my phone rang. I saw Donghae's name. 
 
"Yah, Oediga?" I asked him.
 
"Dorm, how is Paris?" he asked me.
 
"Mola, I am just eating breakfast." I muttered.
 
"Can I just follow you there?" he asked. 
 
"Ani, you deserve to be miserable." I said.
 
"I will laugh my heart out when you fall in love and be thrown aside." he vowed.
 
"Whatever.  I won't tell you when and if it happens." I stated.
 
Donghae hung up and I laughed. He deserves to be miserable after what he did to his girlfriend, ex-girlfriend I corrected to myself.
 
I wondered who the Korean is in the next room. She has the same penchant for sweets as I do. If on her first day she plans to go to Champ Élysées.
 
I called the receptionist and said that if the girl in the next room agrees it's fine that we share the car going there. 
 
I sighed. I asked for this rest so I could go far away from Donghae, he's been a miserable since he broke up with his secret girlfriend.
 
I would not do that to my girlfriend, if I ever have one. I promised to myself.
 
---
Shinhae
 
I woke up at around 5pm, I still have about an hour before I go to the restaurant, I called the receptionist to ask about the car.
 
"Ms. Lee, the guest in the next room said it's okay for you to share the car since you are going to the same place. Is it okay with you?" she asked.
 
"Yes, it's okay." I said then put the phone down.
 
Laudaree at Champs Élysées. I just can't wait.
 
I'm drying my hair, when I heard the my cellphone ring. 
 
I looked at the name, it's Hannee.
 
"Yoboseyo." I answered.
 
"Yah, is it true, you're moving here in Seoul for good?" she asked.
 
"After the trip, yes, I am enrolling at Yonsei. I got in. Wae?" I asked.
 
"Before you enroll, you need to see me and the unnis about business." she shared.
 
"I plan to. I kinda miss hanging out with you guys too." I admitted.
 
"You've been busy chasing your dream, gwenchana." she said.
 
"I am going out say hi to them for me." I said.
 
"Araso." she said and disconnected the call.
 
I wonder how unni is after her break up. I know the other unni is preparing to get married once her boyfriend's out of the army. Their families have been preparing for it, it's one reason why I cut the trip to 3 days instead of a week, I wanted to be with Hye Yoo and Hyun Ae unni. 
 
I never had a serious boyfriend since high school, unlike my three friends. Hannee broke up with her long term boyfriend before college but she seems not over him.
 
My lack of love life is a blessing. Considering what Hyun Ae  and Hannee went through.
 
I wore my brown pants and white cardigan and a coat. I sighed. It would be a cold night. I decided to brush my hear and not tie it. 
 
Whoever I am going with in the car according to the bell boy is a celebrity in Korea but I have not been updated. I know unni's ex is a celebrity but so was the guy I dated in high school. I got caught up in school and in collegiate basketball during the time I was in Manila.
 
Though, I remember I met Jonghoon when he had a concert in Manila but that was really brief and his friend harassed me for information about Hannee sshi that I just walked out.
 
I decided to go down to the lobby.
 
I walked out of my room and went to the elevator.
 
I will enjoy dinner tonight.
 
---
 
Hyukjae
 
I was waiting for the girl at the lobby.
 
The car is already waiting outside.
 
"Mr. Lee, Ms. Lee is on her way down." the receptionist said. I just nodded. My English is rusty and non conversational. So I try to keep my mouth shut rather than be embarrassed.
 
Ms. Lee stepped of the elevator and I realized she is someone I am acquainted with.
 
"Shinhae?" I asked. "Ne, Nogu? She asked.
 
"Lee Hyukjae." I reminded her.
 
"Ah, ne, you are Donghae oppa's chingu." she said.
 
"I didn't know you were the girl next to my room." I said. 
 
"Ah, yeah, I have not been home for about 5 years. It's been a while, main, Mianhe if I didn't recognize you." she said.
 
"The car is waiting outside, let's go." I said.
 
We walk towards the hotel car and I opened the door and had her go in first.
 
The driver asked, "Laudaree, no?" I nodded. 
 
Shinhae got her phone and started to open her twitter app.
 
"uhm, no one knows I am here." I stammered.
 
"I am not including you on my tweet, besides, we barely know each other and I don't know you have a twitter." she said.
 
"chincha?" I asked. She nodded, "I didn't even know you we're that popular, I have not been following Korean entertainment while I was away." she shared.
 
"Where were you?" I asked.
 
"I studied abroad, the friends I met there are more into the Hollywood stuff." she shrugged.
 
"ah, so since we know each other, is it okay that we spend the next few days together?" I asked.
 
"where do you plan to go after Laudaree? She asked.
 
"The central fountain at Luxembourg park. " I said.
 
She nodded then.
 
"Tomorrow I would see Eiffel tower and probably The square of Tertre." I added.
 
"Araso, most of the places you mentioned I plan to go to. We could share the car."
 
---
 
Shinhae
 
The car stopped at the front of Laudaree and we both stepped out and went inside.
 
"Are you planning to eat dinner?" he asked me.
 
"No, I wanted to indulge some sweets and a Capuccino." I said.
 
The waiter came towards us. "Can you order for me?" he asked. "Araso, what do you want?" I asked him back.
 
"The wild strawberry rhubarb tart and divin nougat. Cappuccino is okay." he said.
 
I looked at him, I wanted the same thing so I just ordered both from the waiter.
 
"We have the same taste in food." I said.he just nodded but before I could speak again, a group of girls approached us.
 
He bowed his head, I realized he didn't want to be recognized.
 
"Is there something wrong?" I asked the girls. "Is he Eunhyuk of Super Junior?" one of them asked.
 
"No, Oppa looks a lot like him though, and I'm sure he does not have black hair nor would he wander around Paris without s." I pointed out.
 
"Sorry. We just thought.." they went their way.
 
"Komawo." he said.
 
"Why didn't you want them to know who you are?" I asked.
 
"I wanted to take a break." he sighed.
 
"Understood." I answered. "Tomorrow, we area going to some public places, people may recognize you."
 
He sighed again. 
 
"Can you not do that? It ruins my appetite." I said.
 
The waiter arrived at the same moment and placed our orders at the table.
 
"Mianhe, I didn't mean to ruin your appetite, I just thought of what you said." He said.
 
"Fine, let's just pretend we are together like what I did tonight, just try to blend in with us common Koreans." I said.
 
He nodded.
 
----
 
Hyukjae
 
What is a common Korean? I thought to myself while I ate.
 
I watched Shinhae while she ate, she looked happy. I wonder if I ever looked that way. It's not that I am not happy with my life. It just like something is missing.
 
"Are you done?" she asked me after a while, I saw ever plate is empty.
 
I nodded, "Let's go." she grabbed my hand. I looked shocked. She dropped it. "sorry, I guess I got used to the people in college, holding hands is not a big deal."
 
"Gwenchana. We are supposed to pretend we are a couple, right?" I got her hand and we stepped out back to the car.
 
"Luxembourg park." I said to the driver.
 
The drive to the park was silent. Shinhae was tweeting when her phone rang. She looked at the phone and she signed silent to me and I nodded.
 
"Yoboseyo." she said, "Hyun Ae unni, how is Japan?" she asked. 
 
"Paris is wonderful, I can't wait to see you. Why are you in Japan?" She asked.
 
"Araso, bogoshipo unni." she said.
 
"Ne, unni. See you soon." she hung up.
 
"Not a word. Not until I explain." she stated and I just nodded.
 
"Don't tell Donghae oppa, if you want to live. Unni is in Tokyo because of business If you weren't in the car I would have talked more. Please keep it a secret." she said. I nodded. So she's aware that Donghae is looking for Hyun Ae.
 
"Let's not talk about this anymore." I said, "what was your major in college?" I asked her.
 
"Political Science, when I go back to Seoul, I will be pursuing law." she told me.
 
"Cool." I said.
 
"I have spent that same time with my member making name for our group." I shared.
 
"I know, Hyun Ae unni told me. You got to reach worldwide recognition with that song on your third album." she said.
 
"You know?" I asked, "Just what I was told." she answered.
 
The car stopped, "we're here." she said excitedly. She went out of the car and walked towards the centrals fountain and I followed her.
 
I have never met a girl like her, well except for Donghae's ex which was no wonder why they are friends. 
 
I remember hearing rumors that this girl was an ex of another celebrity I just can't figure out who at the moment.
 
"It's pretty." she sighed, she took a picture of the fountain and took a Selca of her with the fountain as her background. 
 
Some girls are approaching my spot. I tried to side step.
 
"Eunhyuk oppa!!!" they squealed. I cringed. There goes the privacy, I was about to turn around and smile when Shinhae grabbed me. "He is not Eunnhyuk, he just looks like him. Stop harassing him." she said.
 
"He is Eunhyuk. I know it." a girl exclaimed.
 
I tried to stop Shinhae but she stormed towards the girl, "if and only if this is Eunhyuk why would he travel to Paris with a girl when it could ruin his career." she reasoned out.
 
The girl was doubtful but she seemed to get the logic of what Shinhae said. 
 
She walked away and I sighed in relief. "Komawo, Shinae sshi." I said, she smiled at me. 
 
"I guess I can consider you as a friend since our friends are close." She said.
 
"Nogu? Donghae?" I asked. 
 
"Aniyo, Jonghoon sshi and Hongki sshi, they are your friends too right? She asked.
 
"Ne, yah! You're his high school girlfriend!" I exclaimed.
 
"Jonghoon's. But we're best friends now. It didn't work out. Long distance relationship you know." she shared.
 
"Wae?" I asked.
 
"It's just hard. Let's just enjoy the three days of pretend relationship." she said. I just nodded.
 
"Let's take a picture here." I said.
 
"In your phone?" she asked.
 
"Ne." I got my phone and used the front camera of my phone. She slung her arm on me and I had to bend a bit. She smiled for the camera at the same time she did.
 
Her eyes twinkling bright and her smile is so serene. 
 
This vacation is turning out to be the best decision I made.
 
------