Of oblivious jealousy and desperation

The beginning of our love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There were two things that came into Kai's mind when he saw Luhan. 

No wonder Taemin was so insecure.  That guy's face screamed uke.

"Luhan this is Kai." Taemin said and looked back at his boyfriend and spoke to him in an overly sweet voice. 

"Honey, would you like to have coffee with me?" 

"Now?" the guy seemed a little creeped out.

Kai kind of pitied him. Taemin could really get creepy sometimes.

"Yeah, why not now?" Even though he said it sweetly it almost sounded like 'you'll live to regret it if you don't agree.'

"Sure. Bye Luhan see you later." 

With a not very concealed glare at Luhan Taemin said "It was nice meeting you. Bye. I have a date with the captain of the football team who is my boyfriend."

"Uh... Yeah bye. Good luck on the date." Luhan said awkwardly not really knowing how to respond to him. 

Kai was trying hard not to laugh by just looking at their faces because Taemin was trying to look like 'you better stay away from my boyfriend or else I'm not just going to glare at you ' the boyfriend looked super awkward and clueless and well Luhan yeah he looked scared and lost like 'why me?'

"I wanna hang out and get to know Luhan a little better. Why don't you guys go on your date already?"

"Okay. Bye." Taemin said with one last glare at Luhan. 

After Taemin and his boyfriend left Luhan breathed a huge sigh of relief and looked up at Kai as if he was his savior or something and Kai felt his heart doing flips and he suddenly felt giddish.

"Uh... So I'm Kai and that was my crazy best friend who is unfortunately not crazy enough to be put in an asylum but still pretty crazy." 

"It's okay. I mean not the part where he is crazy." Luhan said. 

"Are you Korean?" Kai asked. He noticed that even though Luhan's Korean was perfect he had a slight accent that was almost unnoticeable. 

"No I'm actually Chinese. How did you know?" Luhan asked sounding impressed. 

"Your name is not exactly a Korean one and Taemin did say a lot about you." Kai said remembering when Taemin had said something like' stupid Chinese deer, that lost Beijing duck what's he even doing here'.

"Uh.... Yeah I have actually heard about you from Minho too. I wouldn't say they are actually pleasant though."Luhan said. 

"well I guess the two love birds are really similar."

"Are you Japanese?" Luhan asked almost out of nowhere. 

"No I'm totally Korean and I've been living here all my life." Kai said. 

"You actually look Japanese to me and with your name being Kai and all it's kinda easy to mistake you far o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter