Chapter 14

Blood Difference

 

Changed Feelings

Xiu looked at his vampire mate and was filled with curiosity about her feelings.

Xiu: Hey, aren’t you jealous?

Wu Xiong: Pardon?

Xiu: Gui Gui and Aaron. I bet they are in the room, kissing right now.

Xiu knew what happened in the back alley where Gui Gui helped Aaron fight against the drug effect. He wondered if he should break this news to Wu Xiong or to keep it from her. Eventually, Xiu had decided that he should let Wu Xiong know so as to persuade her to give up her hopes on Aaron.

----10 minutes later---

Wu Xiong: I know Gui Gui’s the one whom Aaron liked. I don’t mind, actually. It doesn’t affect my friendship with Gui Gui.

Xiu widened his eyes: What do you mean? Are you insane?! We are talking about a couple! Couple means two and if you were to be inside the picture, it would be a trio! You don’t want to be a third party, do you?

Wu Xiong gave a great laugh before struggling hard to speak: So… *laughs* that’s what you were worried about?

Xiu was astonished and felt a bit dumb: Then……I thought you like Aaron?

Wu Xiong sighed after she stopped giggling.

Wu Xiong: Yea, I was in love with Aaron but that’s before I knew the true meaning of love. When I knew about the chances of Aaron becoming a vampire, I did not know what to do. At first, I was kind of happy that he would become one of us but later, I would be disturbed by the possibility that he would become a blood er, like me. The thought of him giving up his role as a vampire hunter really upsets me but I didn’t know why. I thought it was normal of me to think so. However, when I saw Gui Gui searching frantically for Aaron when she knew he was missing, I was surprised and full of admiration towards her. She wasn’t afraid nor did she retreat. She just did what she wanted for Aaron and all her thoughts and aims were for Aaron’s sake and I know that no matter what Aaron will become, she would still sees him the same way. That love is what I am incapable of right now. I still have got tons to learn. *sighs*

Xiu looked at her and he changed his views on Wu Xiong. He did not despise her of her selfishness and insensitivity towards the possibility that Aaron would not be a vampire hunter but he admired her for her courage to admit her own mistakes.

He had always pictured her as a childish and girlish vampire who has lots of useless bodyguards. However, he’s views of her changed upon the moment she confessed her true feelings towards Aaron.

Xiu: So, now what are you going to do with your feelings towards Aaron? Dump them?

Wu Xiong: Of course not, I am changing my feelings of love to admiration. He would forever be my idol.

Upon saying that, Wu Xiong made a sheepish and dreamy expression. Xiu gave a hard pat to her head as he walked past her while mumbling: ‘Still so childish…’

Wu Xiong squint her eyes and called out: Hey you, what did you say?!

With that, she jumped onto Xiu’s back while pulling his ears and the two of them wrestled each other on their way back to the motel.
------------------------------------------------------------

---Next Day---

Aaron looked at the sunset peacefully and enjoyed the moment of tranquillity until Xiu and Wu Xiong came bustling into the room, bickering again.

Xiu: I was almost scorched to death because of you! You were walking so slowly and the sun was right there!

Wu Xiong: It wasn’t my fault and for your information, you are already dead!

Xiu scoffed: As if you are still alive.

Wu Xiong: I didn’t say that!

Aaron could no longer turn his back on the two of them as they were already screaming at each other at the top of their voice. Not even bothering to ask them for the cause of the argument, Aaron tried to appease them.

Aaron: Guys. Could you please knock it off?

Wu Xiong: All right, on Aaron’s accord, I shall let you go. Mr. IBV.

Aaron and Xiu: IBV?

Wu Xiong: Exactly. *She then stresses on every word she said* Irritating Brainless Vampire.

With that, she stomped out of the room.

Xiu scoffed and rolled his eyes: Who did she think she was, princess? Please, a princess is a hundred times prettier than her.

Aaron made a small laugh: All right all right. Just admit what you guys are.

Xiu frowns, obviously confused: We are vampires.

Aaron: No, you guys are a bickering couple.

Xiu widened his eyes: Please. I have no intention to end my life as a vampire this soon. I still kind of love the idea of eternal life all right?

Aaron: Well, even if it’s not now….it’s gonna be a soon enough thing.

With that, Aaron laughed with sarcasm as he walked out of them room, on his way to meeting Gui Gui for dinner.

Xiu sat comfortably on the couch with deep thoughts running in his mind.

Xiu sighed as he muttered to himself: Aaron…you don’t understand me. The one that had been occupying a space in my heart is your girlfriend….
------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys! This is a tiny appreciation for you guys = Posting another chapter. I know its nothing much, thats why i said its tiny. lol but my aim is to certainly hope that you guys wont forget me and i hope im missed! :) lol Thanks for reading and really hope to see you guys soon! :)