Midnight Rendezvous

Valentine Night's Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Hey, just stay where you are. I'm coming to get you now." Kris hung up and put on his black trench coat before leaving with his car keys. His black Audi swifted into the air within minutes after the call. He knew he drove a little over the limit but screw the police. He can pay the ticket but he definitely can't make up for the time he had wasted since he came to Vancouver. He told his mother he missed her so much that he came to the city all by himself but he also had another plan.

 

 

Chanyeol pulled the coat close to his body when the wind hit him slowly with its cold breeze. He practically frozen on the pavement even though he covered up from head to toe to avoid the cold and reporters or sasaeng fan. He pulled down his mask to let out a breath when it felt like holding him back from breathing. He looked mad with messy pink hair and black shades in the middle of the night.

 

"Hey, boy. Wanna come with us for a joyride?" A car stopped next to the sidewalk, college kids calling out for him with booze and money in their hands. Perhaps mistaking him for their lost friend or probably a e.

 

"I-I'm sorry. I'm not-" Chanyeol gulped down his saliva when one of the passenger came out of the car reaching for him in wobbly steps.

 

"Come on. Don't be shy. It'll be fun!"

 

"N-no!" Chanyeol's face turned pale in seconds as the kid's hand grabbed his collar.

 

"Hey, you er! Leave him alone!" Then, his head turned towards the loud voice and the boy quickly left while cursing. The car screeched on the road, leaving them alone on the empty sidewalk.

 

"K-Kris-hyung, you came!" Chanyeol jumped on Kris and hugged him tightly that Kris had to push him off to catch a breath. Kris smiled and his hands automatically came up to cup Chanyeol's red cheeks.

 

"Told you I would come. I'm sorry for making you wait. If I come earlier, that thing just now wouldn't happen. I'm so sorry." Kris kissed his lover's temple and caressed his cheek to warm it up. He wished he could share the warmth with Chanyeol right there and then but he knew that can wait. They got all night to spend with each other and it's definitely not just cuddling and talking. That night will be the hottest night in 2016. It would probably hotter than summer in Dubai.

 

"I thought you wouldn't come. You're thirty minutes late and I'm freezing out here thinking that you must have forgotten about this and went to sleep." Chanyeol's eyes locked at the shiny button on Kris's clothed chest and his hand blindly played with it. Kris sighed as he sensed sadness and disappointment in Chanyeol's voice and Kris hated to see the tears on Chanyeol's face because he knew he's the reason why he cried in the first place.

 

"Chanyeol-ah, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to leave you alone in such a foreign place. Just don't talk about this again, okay? This is a special night and I promise I won't ruin it. Alright! Let's get into the car and tell me where you wanna go." Kris wrapped his fingers around the younger's wrist but the boy stopped him just in time.

 

"Suho gave us a day so we should spend it wisely in your penthouse, big guy. But before that, get me a pizza and champagne. I'm starving and incredibly......" Chanyeol whispered at the end of his sentence and Kris pulled him close by his waist as he leaned next to his car. A wet kiss landed on his neck made him groan in arousal.

 

"Whatever you say, babe, but are you sure you're still hungry 'cause we can just go straight to the business and order later." 

 

"I'd like that." Chanyeol shut that mouth with a fierce kiss and wondered if they will ever make it to Kris's penthouse or...

 

"Have you christened your car yet?"

 

"Not without you, Park Chanyeol."

 

 

"I need time to think, Chanyeol-ah. It's better if we don't see each other for a while. Besides, I'm busy with the filming now..." Kris picked up Chanyeol's tees and jeans after the boy freshened up. Chanyeol stared at Kris's shoulder when the other man took a bottle of Evian from the minibar to drink. Kris never let him leave after they had yet the tiring ones. Chanyeol can still feel the ache in his lower back and sore muscles in his legs. He knew he will feel sore for another few days. Angry was taking its toll on him but he knew Kris has a good reason for it.

 

"What are you talking about? I'm not going to leave until-" Chanyeol was surprised when his tees came in contact to his chest. Kris just threw it at him without warning.

 

"You know what I'm talking about. Since when did you get to decide for us? I know it had been tough for us to keep our marriage a secret but-" The older man sighed and something clicked in Chanyeol's mind. Kris must have mistaken about the last night's talk when they got back from dinner.

 

"Hyung, I know but I wasn't talking about divorce!" His voice broke the silent and it must be loud enough to wake Kris up from his mistakes.

 

"But you're thinking about it! I don't want to make this difficult for you so we need to separate. We need time to think about what's best." Even though his voice was gentle, on the inside he was screaming to be forgiven by Chanyeol for yelling and talking about bad things. Before he walked further, a soft hand grabbed his shoulder and turned his body around so he could face the most broken person in the world and the huge disappointment in his eyes just made it worse.

 

"I don't need time! I don't need anything else! I just need you to be in my shoe and feel what I feel when I had to hide this from everyone. I had enough for all these two years, hyung. At least, tell the members. I just want to stop lying..." Sometimes he yelled, sometimes his harsh voice turned soft and broken so that Kris could understand though he knew he couldn't make him understand.

 

Kris left the agency because of him. One of the staff knew they were in a relationship and went directly to the upper hand to report them. Their relationship is a liability for the company to keep and Kris decided to back off so Chanyeol could stay. Since then, Chanyeol hid the ring by putting it on his necklace and no one had ever seen it again. To protect each other, they had to sacrifice everything including their marriage and their dream of living together like any other couples. People can assume it might be the most tragic modern love story but they could never understand the pain they went through.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter