final

Jealous Much?

"I love you, hyung!"

 

Kyungsoo's voice says loud and clear into the microphone as he hugs Ryeowook. The scene is bright as the lights flare around them and confetti falls from the ceiling. Immediately screams and cheers go loud around the stadium. The fans squeal and wave their various lightsticks joyfully at the fanservice. 

 

Everyone at the concert is happy. Any chance to see all SM groups together is reason enough to be hyped. Even the members are filled with excitement, being able to perform altogether. Everyone is happy. Except maybe Kim Jongin.

 

When the concert is over and the fans are slowly filing out of the venue, the artists are ushered into their respective groups' dressing rooms. As per usual, the different artists of different groups clap each other on the back with words of praise and farewell for now. Still, everyone is content with smiles on their faces and sparkles in their eyes.

 

"Jongin-ah," Kyungsoo softly calls to the brooding maknae in the corner. 

 

He'd seen the younger's mood deflate like a balloon suddenly around the end of the event. He noticed how much of a hermit Jongin had become in a mere two minutes, avoiding conversation with anyone and just barely saying thanks to the fans for his ending speech. It was unlike him, and Kyungsoo wants to know what happened.

 

"Hey, are you okay?" He lays a hand gently on his boyfriend's shoulder, a gesture always used to comfort him. Much to his surprise and dismay, Jongin just shrugged him off and glared at the floor.

 

"Yah, Kim Jongin. What's wrong?" Kyungsoo could feel his patience slipping. All he was trying to do was take care of his lover, what was so wrong about that?

 

Still, Jongin remained silent and unwilling to answer.

 

"Fine then, don't answer." And that was that.

 

The ride home was tense, all the members could tell. Normally Jongin and Kyungsoo would be found sleeping on each other's head and shoulder, but today was much different. The two weren't even in the same seat. Jongin sat in the passenger seat with their manager, and Kyungsoo was wedged in between Joonmyeon and Sehun. Anyone could see there was some kind of rift between the usually loving couple.

 

"Is everything okay?" 

 

The leader took Kyungsoo's arm and pulled him into the hallway when they'd arrived back at the dorms.

 

"I don't know, he was just like that all of a sudden at the end of the concert," Kyungsoo answered truthfully. He really had no clue as to why he could be acting so brutally cold. "I hugged Ryeowook-hyung and turned around to look for him. I mean, I found him next to Sehun, but he seemed angry and I guess maybe sad?"

 

Joonmyeon sighed and shook his head. Sometimes Kyungsoo could be so oblivious.

 

"Soo, you don't get it do you?" When an expression of confusion appeared on Kyungsoo's features, he continued. "He's probably jealous. You know how he gets at times. Just talk to him." 

 

Kyungsoo nodded, that was most likely the case. But still, something told him that wasn't it. Joonmyeon couldn't tell him what though, only Jongin could. He did need to talk it out with him.

 

"You're right. Thanks, hyung."

 

Kyungsoo made his way to the room he, Chanyeol, and Jongin shared and knocked on the door. He wasn't too used to having to ask before entering his own room, but Jongin preferred when people didn't just invade his privacy out of nowhere.

 

There was muffled hum from inside the room as if to reply and Kyungsoo pushed the door open.

 

"Jonginnie," He cooed when he saw the situation Jongin was in.

 

The clothes he had been wearing earlier were strewn across the floor, as if Jongin had flung them off himself - a habit he'd picked up when he was depressed. The pillows and blankets from all three beds were piled on top of each other in an Everest-sized mountain. There were tissues upon tissues falling off the sheets and littering the ground. Pitiful sniffles coming from the opening for air in the comforters filled the room.

 

"Oh, my baby," Kyungsoo plopped on the bed and removed (more like pried) the covers from Jongin's hands.

 

"Hyung," He whined before pouncing on Kyungsoo, knocking him onto the bed. He wrapped his arms around his waist and laid his head on his stomach, resting it there for a while. Kyungsoo brought his hand to Jongin's hair gently, as if to say 'it's okay'. He hushed the boy with soothing whispers, and it almost seemed like he was asleep. Almost.

 

It was a quiet statement.

 

"Hyung, I'm sorry."

 

Kyungsoo sat himself up (with much difficulty, Jongin was still stronger than him) and tugged the other with him. Lightly rubbing his thumb on his cheek, he looked into Jongin's eyes with a softness to reassure.

 

"I was too brash earlier, I'm sorry. I just get so jealous sometimes, and... I don't know, I'm sorry."

 

"Hey, it's alright, really. I know how you are, but that just means you love me, okay? Stop apologising, you're fine."

 

"But, Hyung-"

 

"No, everything is okay."

 

And everything was. Things were right between them again.

 

"Hyung," Jongin broke the comfortable silence that Kyungsoo had nearly fallen asleep in after laying the both of them under the blankets

 

His eyes still closed, Kyungsoo breathes out a small 'yes'.

 

"Was it true?"

 

Interest suddenly piqued, Kyungsoo moved to stare at Jongin in curiousity.

 

"What are you talking about?"

 

"What you told Ryeowook-hyung, did you mean it?"

 

"Jongin, what do you mean?"

 

"You said you loved him," Jongin whispered, sporting a pink blush while a /cute/ pout graced his lips.

 

Kyungsoo laughed, angering Jongin who hit him a little too hard to be considered playful.

 

"Hyung!" He whined.

 

Kyungsoo sobered and rolled onto Jongin, straddling him in the most innocent way. He pressed a chaste kiss to his lips, and touched his forehead with Jongin's, sincerely smiling down at him.

 

"I only love you, Jongin. Only you."

 

"But you said-"

 

"Stupid, I didn't mean it like that. When you say you love your beloved Monggu, do I get mad? No, because that's a different kind of love. I know you have a love reserved for me, so I don't let it bother me when you say you love someone else. Don't take everything so literally, Jongin. You're the only one for me."

 

"I'm sorry, I was a total jerk earlier. I was just depressed, I'm sorry, Hyung."

 

"Yah, I told you to stop apologising, it's okay."

 

"Okay, but I really am. I hope you know that."

 

"My Jonginnie, of course I do."

 

Kyungsoo caught Jongin's lips with his to stop his talkative mouth from saying anything more. Anything else and Kyungsoo might've punched the boy.

 

"I love you, Hyung."

 

"Goodness, stop talking."

 

But he still smiled and replied.

 

"I love you too."


a/n: this is like so cute and fluffy and i just have a really big thing about clingy jongin and awwwh im sorry this is like my favorite oneshot ive written