Prologue: The birth of D.O, or Kyungsoo?

Heart

12 Years old

 

"Is it on? Are you working?"

Blink. Blink. 

"No kidding! Oh my god! I did it! Mom I did-", his smile faded in a matter of seconds because he just realized that his mother, a woman that was once he loved,  left him to be with other guy. After his father died, his mother seems to care less about him. He began to wonder, does she love me sincerely all this while? Was all those love that he received fake? Well, ever since then, everything that he talk, will always replied with silence. Not until he created his robot that he named D.O. D.O was more bigger than him. If any people look at his figure, they probably thought that he is a normal 18 year old teenager. Little Jongin looked at his masterpiece and smile.

"Can you respond to me? Can you talk?"

Jongin waved his hands infront of D.O which later followed by D.O's gaze. The first word that came out from the robot's mouth was "kyungsoo". D.O repeated it numerous of time whenever Jongin called D.O. It confuses Jongin because he was so sure he programmed it to speak english. "Did something went wrong, D.O?". He went back to his computer and check again if there was any error. D.O walked closer and says kyungsoo again. He stared at the robot, trying to understand.

"D.O yah"

"kyungsoo

"How are you?"

​"Okay"

Jongin waited for his kyungsoo or whatever to come out but nothing. 'Okay' was the only thing he said. weird.

"You're not going to say kyungsoo?". Much to his surprise, D.O shakes his head. 

"Are you trying to say that you don't like D.O?"

"No, kyungsoo". Jongin laughed when he realized that D.O does not like it when he was called D.O. "So that is what you wanted, you want me to call you Kyungsoo?". The robot surprises him twice when he nodded to Jongin's question. Jongin shrugged it off and just go with what the robot wanted. 

"If Kyungsoo is what you wanted, then Kyungsoo it is. You're happy with that?"

Kyungsoo nodded but Jongin noticed that the robot did not show any sign of happiness. Heck,he didn't even smile a single bit. "Hey, Kyungsoo, at least smile so that I know you like it". 

"Smile?", Kyungsoo asked.

"Here let me teach you how to smile". Jongin stand on his knees on his computer chair (yeah he's shorter than Kyungsoo for this moment) to reach Kyungsoo corner lips. He pulled it upwards with both of his thumb. "There you go, that is smile" said Jongin, while smiling genuinely. Once his thumb withdrawn, Kyungsoo's facial remain constant. "I guess we should take things slowly", Jongin sighed. Suddenly, Jongin's stomach growled indicating he need to fill it up with foods. He looked at the digital clock '20:43'. "Crap, I didn't eat since yesterday". He went to the kitchen searching for foods. 

He searched through the cabinets and the dry sections but there is no more instant noodles. He knew he had dozens of foods in the refrigerator but he never cook. What do you expect from a young boy afterall? Jongin was about to call the delivery service when Kyungsoo show up and says "I can cook for you, master". He abruptly turned his his back to face Kyungsoo. "Oh right! I have you. By the way call me Jongin. My name is not master", he chuckled. 

"Jongin. I can cook for you, Jongin" 

Kyungsoo's cook was unexpectedly good. Somehow his cooks made Jongin remember his mother. How much he missed her cooks and the sizzling sound of her cook. Unconciously, tears rolled down his cheeks. 

"Jongin, there's water come out of your eyes. You need medical check up" said Kyungsoo expressionlessly which later, brought Jongin to burst out laugh.

"I'm fine, don't worry .That's just tears. You know, when you're sad, you let out your tears. Even when you're happy too" explained Jongin.

"So that means, you are sad and happy?". Kyungsoo's question left Jongin dumbfounded. 

"I- uh- I guess it's pointless to explain"

 

After finishing all the foods, Jongin went to bed to sleep. He changed to a comfortable pyjamas. "Kyungsoo, aren't you sleeping with me?"

"I didn't sleep"

"Oh right.. You're a robot"

Jongin saw Kyungsoo just stand next to his bed and he felt bad because naive Jongin thought robot Kyungsoo might get tired if he stands for so long.

"What if you come here with me?"

Kyungsoo then joins Jongin in the bed facing him. Jongin was fighting the urge to cry because it has been a long time since he had someone in his life. He missed his father, his mother. 'Why life was so cruel? What did I do wrong to have my father left me and mother? What did I do wrong to have mother left me for other guy?' He cried again because he just could not hold his tears. It is painful enough to be lonely in a big house, without any living things. 

"Kyungsoo, can I ask something?" asked Jongin between his sobs. Considering Kyungsoo's stare as a yes, Jongin the furthers;

"Can you.. Can you hug me 'till I sleep?" 

"Okay". Within seconds, a warm hug was given to Jongin. It felt so warm and comfortable to be in Kyungsoo's arm. He hugged back and his eyes felt heavy and droopy. It does not take long enough, for Jongin to actually sleep, again.

 

 

 

 


 

 

Author's corner:

Uh, hi guys! xD You can consider this as an introduction. I'll continue more whenever I have time to write. I have all the plots and everything. It's just that I need to write which I don't have time to lol. Well I guess no one will pay much attention to this chapter since it's kinda .. lack of something ._. Anyways, thank you for subscribing, for dropping by and check out my fic, and if you had anything to say please do comment down below~