my love1

my love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Despite Hyukjae insisting over the phone that Siwon take a day or two off to just rest at home, eat something substantial and try visiting again another, Siwon steeled himself against the infinite possible outcomes and tugged the older boy along to the hospital at almost noon the next.

 

 

"I want you to introduced me to him". He said on their walk down the ICU hallways. Hyukjae adjusted his glasses and quirked an eyebrow at him.

 

"To Kyuhyun"

 

"Yes, he trust you, maybe it will jog his memory or something and he will....he will come back to me" Siwon felt his throat tightening and Hyukjae reached over to brush their hands together. "At very least, maybe I can get him to fall in love with me again, someday.

 

Upon their arrival at room 210,Hyukjae and Siwon could hear other voices, quickly followed by a weakened version of Kyuhyun's unmistakable laughter. Siwon heart sank. Whoever was in there, he clearly remembered who they were. Siwon rubbed at his temples and offered an unconvincing smile to Hyukjae as the door opened.

 

"Hyukjae! Siwon" a blond chirped from beside Kyuhyun's bed. Heechul was here with Hangen, he saw, and Kyuhyun clearly remembered them enough to let them curl up on either side of him. "I was hoping we'd catch you today". 

 

"How are you feeling" Hyukjae asked Kyuhyun as he nodded a greeting to the other visitors. Siwon still hovered by the door.

 

"Not really any better" the curly haired boy frowned. He struggled to sit up against his pillows, and Siwon watched with a stab of pain as Heechul and Hangen oh so tenderly helped hoist him up. "I'm still really sore, and it hurts to breath a little." Kyuhyun eyes flicked over to the door before staring curiously up into Hyukjae's "you brought him here again".

 

"Him?" Heechul leaned over Kyuhyun to get a better look at the room, as if he was missing someone standing there aside from the tall boy there. "That's your-"

 

"He's not my boyfriend, I don't know why everyone keeps saying that".Kyuhyun said in frustration, flopping his head back against the overstuffed pillow. Hyukjae gave Heechul a silencing glare and shook his head sternly while Kyuhyun wasn't looking. He mouthed 'tell you later', and Heechul could only stare at him with a startled expression.

 

"No this is someone I want you to meet Kyuhyun" Hyukjae said, the words painful in his own ears. He gave Siwon an apologetic glance. "He is our friend, Siwon." 

 

"Siwon" Kyuhyun said thoughtful as the person in question walked over at long last. He weakly offered his hand and Siwon leaned in to shake it, fighting the urge to run his thumb over the soft skin on top of Kyuhyun's knuckles as he'd so many times before. "Do you get why so many people think we're dating? That's so weird"

 

"Not a clue" Siwon forced himself to say, biting the side of his tongue to keep him from crying. He could feel his heart lurch painfully in his chest and knew this wasn't going to be easy.

 

 

Closer to dinnertime, Kyuhyun meekly asked for some time alone to talk to Hyukjae. Heechul and Hangen complied easily, mentioning that they should actually  head out so Kyuhyun could continue resting without the pressure of too much company. Hugs were exchange and Siwon decided to walk with the couple to the parking lot.

 

 

 

In the following week,  the relationship between Siwon and Kyuhyun was still leagues away from where it had been before the accident, but Hyukjae introduction encouraged improvement. As much as it hurt to lie to himself, Siwon would rather start over as a new friend then wallow in solitude waiting for Kyuhyun's memories to catch up with him.

 

 

 

Sungmin had come to visit on Thursday, bringing Kyuhyun a vase of blue hydrangeas to put on his bedside table. Sure enough, the curly haired boy immediately recognized sungmin when he poked his head out from the bundle of flowers. Every time a visitor would come, a part of Siwon silently prayed that Kyuhyun's mind would blank and there would be another trapped behind the with him, Siwon cursed himself for being so cruel.

 

 

Kyuhyun ran his fingers over the clusters of petals and promised to take good care of them. Sungmin smiled brightly, and something about his presence gave the room an air of tranquility. His soft, graceful movement's and delicate voice sent a wave of calm washing over Siwon's shattered heart. He swallowed his venomous thought from Earlie; relieved that his dark haired friend decided to come after all.

 

 

During his visit, a nurse appeared at the door and explained that she had to perform an evaluation of Kyuhyun's vitals to measure how his recovery was progressing. Siwon and sungmin stepped awy to linger in the other corner of room. Siwon didn't particularly want to watch Kyuhyun be examined like some kind of experiment, but he found he didn't want to look away either. From the corner of his eyes, he saw the nurse checking his pupils with a penlight, measuring his blood pressure and instructing him on how to breath as she listened to his heartbeat. Siwon noticed that Kyuhyun was generally happy the entire time despite the situation, and he cracked a smile despite himself. When the nurse lifted Kyuhyun's sheets to check the bruising on his side, she brushed a particularly raw spot and he cried out.

 

"Are you still in a lot of pain?" She asked, gently inspecting the purpling skin.

 

"Yeah, this side more than the other".a wincing Kyuhyun nodded towards the side that had gotten the full force of the impact. 

 

 

"I'll up your dosage for today, but you seem to be recovering fairly well" the nurse adjusted a few dials on the IV stand next to Kyuhyun's bed and wished him a good night. She bowed politely

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter