my love

my love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun was kind of forgetful, spacey, even.

 

He'd often forget to lock the door on the way out of the apartment or leave something in the oven without setting a timer. Siwon was sure he was unconsciously careless, but at times he wondered what the younger boy would do without him. Still Siwon loved Kyuhyun, no matter what.

 

Which is why Siwon was devastated when he received the news that Kyuhyun had been in an accident.

 

 

Kyuhyun had been out with Hyukjae for lunch when a car careened around a corner made a slippery by the rain and collided with the side of Hyukjaes vehicle, the latter had only sustained bruises and a scrap on his forearm from the broken, but emergency team spent twenty minutes extracting Kyuhyun from the crumbled metal. When they finally got him out, he was unresponsive, and they were on there way to the hospital now, or so the hysterical phone call said.

 

 

Without a second thought, Siwon rasped into his cellphone that he'd be there as soon as possible. He threw on his jacket to protect himself from the rain and it out the door in record time.

 

 

Siwon suppressed the overwhelming urge to vomit as he entered the hospital waiting room, the smell of over sanitization never sat well with him, but the reason he needed to endure it churned his his stomach even more. His eyes darted around the room, notting the handful of nurses flitting about and the lone visitor sitting on the hard plastic chair with his knee's pulled to his chest and.

 

 

"Hyukjae hyung" Siwon croaked, his voice failing him. He cleared his throat and swallowed the tears that threaten to fall as the older man looked up at him with shining eyes.

 

"I'm sorry" Hyukjae stood up and Siwon wrapped his arms around him, causing a succession of sobs to wrack Hyukjaes body "I'm so sorry".

 

"Don't hyung, it wasn't you." Siwon murmured, clenching his eyes shut as he leaned his head against the side of Hyukjae, "has there been any news?"

 

"N-not since the took him in" the shorter man clutched the back of Siwon shirt as if it were the only tangible thing in the world. "What if he's--?"

 

"Shh. Stop. Just don't" Siwon the back of Hyukjae head. "Just wait for a report. There's no sense in wondering if you don't know" truthfully, Siwon just didn't want Hyukjae's speculation to make his own mind wander to the deepest darkness recesses  he knew only opened when something bad happened in his life. 

 

"Sit with me" Hyukjae asked weakly. Siwon nodded and led him to the only sofa in the waiting room. It wasn't comfortable, but he supposed it was better than standing, Hyukjae sat next to him but immediately turned and to curl into Siwon chest. The latter rubbed his back, willing himself to count his breaths, watch the rain on the window anything but think of Kyuhyun.

 

 

Siwon jerked his head up when he felt himself dozing for the third time, his weary eyes glance at the clock , 10:19 he had gotten the call at half past three this afternoon, he rubbed his hands across his eye lid's and glance down at the  sleeping Hyukjae in his lap. Siwon was thankful that his companion nerves had calm enough to allow him to sleep through this agonizing wait. He idly rubbed his thumb over Hyukjae's cheek, wiping away the remnants of tear tracks that lingered there.

 

 

And old kindly nurse appeared from behind the staff desk and offered Siwon a small cup of coffee. He managed to smile up at her briefly as he took it with a nod of thanks. She put her hand on his shoulder reassuringly and continued on her duties. Taking a sip, he hoped the caffeine would keep him awake for when any news came from the emergency room. The warm liquid felt good against his throat worn raw from tears  and sobs that just wouldn't escape. He drained the cup and placed it on the table next to the sofa.

 

And Siwon continue waiting.

 

 

It was quarter past twelve  when the sliding glass doors to the emergency unit slid open to reveal a haggard looking doctor holding onto a clipboard. Siwon gripped the arm of the of the sofa and stared at him. The doctor began walking in his direction and Siwon gently started to nudge Hyukjae awake.

 

"Are you here for cho Kyuhyun" the doctor asked

 

"Yes" Siwon swallowed hard and willed the coffee from earlier to stay down . Hyukjae finally blinks the sleep from his eyes and sat up, first looking at Siwon then to the doctor in front of them.

 

 

 

 

"He's alive, but I'm afraid he's slipped into a coma", Siwon's breath hitched "He sustained a bit of a head trauma in addition to multiple broken ribs and lacerations, he's stable for the moment, but we're going to keep a watchful eye on his vitals.

 

"Can we see him?"  Hyukjae blinked back tears. the doctor pat him on the shoulder. 

 

 

"You may but only for an hour. We'll have to ask you to leave in order to continue with testing."

 

"Thank you" Siwon whispered, looking at the floor. Hyukjae took his hand and squeezed it softly, t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter