One

Next Lover

There was no point in doing this. Lu Han’s friends even said that it wasn’t a good idea. They even suggested other things, but Lu Han already made up his mind.

Lu Han sat on his bed with his laptop resting on his lap. The image on the screen was a blurred out picture that he could make out in a heartbeat.

A simple “goodbye” or “thank you for the memories” would have been an easier caption for the picture, but it wasn’t enough. He couldn’t find his heart in those words and so, he made himself comfortable and prepared his heart for the words he was about to spill.

Calloused fingers pressed against the keyboard as he began the caption with the words:

 

To: The Next One Who Will Love You

 

Dear whoever you are,

Hello! I hope things are going great between you and Sehun. He can be a bit of a handful, right? It’s okay because you’ll still love him despite of those things, like how he spends hours getting dressed. It may seem unnecessary, but he is always going to be worth the wait.

 

“God, Sehun! You took forever in the shower and you’ve been staring at those coats for ten minutes. Our reservation is in 30 minutes and who knows how long it will take to get there with all of the construction on Fifth Street.”

It was their monthly date night where they would dress nicely and eat dinner at a very expensive restaurant. It was Sehun’s turn to choose the location and make reservations.

Lu Han was standing in front of a full body mirror combing his hair. He wore a white long-sleeved button up and black slacks. The only things hat were left for him to do was put on his blazer and slip on his shoes.

“If you had to choose between these two coats, which one will match the top I’m wearing?” Sehun sat on the bed casually holding up a beige and charcoal coat.

Lu Han glanced at him and rolled his eyes.

“You don’t need a blazer. Just leave the first two buttons of your shirt open.” Lu Han barely made an effort to hide the irritation in his voice. He spritzed his body with his favorite cologne and smoothed out his slacks.

“Come here.”

Sehun tossed aside the blazers and crooked a finger at his boyfriend. Lu Han rolled his eyes again and dragged his feet towards Sehun.

Sehun took Lu Han’s hands and placed them on his own shoulders. He gently placed his hands behind Lu Han’s thighs before sliding them upward.

“Hey,” Lu Han whispered. “We can’t.”

“But you smell amazing.”

“Our reservation.”

Lu Han could feel his lips press against his abdomen through his shirt. Pressure formed on his lower back and Sehun swiftly pulled him in to straddle his thighs.

“We can just order take out.”

 

Sehun is definitely confident in his looks; he isn’t wrong though. He also says he’s not the jealous type, but trust me, he’s all talk in that area.

 

Lu Han and Sehun sat across each other at Sehun’s dining table. There was a fiery glint in Sehun’s eyes that could easily be spotted from across the globe.

“Sehun.” Lu Han called out, but Sehun kept his gaze on a certain spot on the tablecloth.

All Lu Han wanted was to do a bit of grocery shopping and then make dinner together, however, dinner would have to wait.

“Sehun, will you just let it go?” Lu Han sighed and angrily migrated into the kitchen.

“Let it go?! The cashier was obviously flirting with you!”

“He was not flirting with you—“

“Oh please, whispering into your ear whilst handing you a post-it note isn’t considered flirting?”

Lu Han switched on the rice cooker and reached into one of the grocery bags to fish for an orange post-it note. He threw the crumpled slip of paper at scowling boy and stomped back into the kitchen.

“If there is anyone who has the right to be at least little angry it’s me. After handing me the receipt, the cashier leaned over to tell me to give it to you instead.” Lu Han minced the garlic at a speedy pace. “I leaned back in to tell him that you weren’t interested because we have each other.”

Sehun’s scowl faded and looked at his boyfriend more earnestly, but Lu Han didn’t look up from his chopping board. He was too frustrated to even notice Sehun leave the table to stand behind him in the kitchen. He snapped out of his furious gaze the moment he felt the warmth of Sehun’s arms wrap around his waist.

“I’m sorry I didn’t listen.” He traced the crook of the shorter male’s neck with the tip of his nose. “Forgive me?”

There was no way Lu Han could stay mad Sehun, so Lu Han bit back a smile and pretended to stay angry.

“You ignored me the whole car ride home.”

“I know and I’m really sorry. Please don’t be mad.”

There was a short moment of silence and in that moment, Lu Han placed is cutlery and returned his boyfriend’s embrace.

“Okay, but as punishment, you have to wash the dishes tonight.”

Sehun let out a sigh of relief and held Lu Han even tighter. He inhaled his faint cologne and placed butterfly kisses on his forehead.

“Deal.”

 

Oh Sehun may seem like a tough guy who looks angry all the time, but I’m pretty sure you already know he’s not. He’s a huge softy who isn’t afraid to show off his loved ones to the world.

Sehun is the type of guy who always matches his words with his actions.

“I would give you world, but you deserve way more than that.”

He tends to embarrass others in the cutest way possible.

“What? Embarrassed? How could you be embarrassed by two dozen roses sent to your office?”

He’s always wiling to move his schedule around.

“Of course I haven’t forgotten about our dinner. I had to move around some meetings and a report is due a day early, but that dinner is still happening.”

 

Lu Han lifted his hands away from his keyboard to take a breather. He hesitated to continue, but he continued with a heavy heart.

 

And he most definitely loves whole-heartedly, purely, and unconditionally.

“There’s never a day that goes by where I stop to think about how lucky I am to have you. I’m not crazy, but I know there’s a future instilled for us. Just trust me on that one. I’m so in love you, Lu Han, I swear it.”

I have no words to describe what his love feels like, but when Sehun loves, he loves. His love is tremendous, but never overwhelming, I promise.

Sincerely,

Lu Han

 

The cursor hovered over the post button and just the thought alone of clicking on it felt painful. The letter Lu Han he planned to send to his blog was meant for some sort of closure, but it didn’t feel like closure. He felt emptier than he did before he started typing.

It was going to be difficult to watch Sehun be happy with someone else, but Lu Han would rather much have him happy than broken in a relationship that wasn’t going anywhere anymore.

The most Lu Han could do was hope that whoever it was who could hold Sehun’s hands and feel the warmth of his lips would love him better than he ever could.

Lu Han clicked the edit option of his post with shaky fingers and added one more detail to his letter.

 

P.S.

Never take him for granted and always remember to love him just as he does you: whole-heartedly, purely, and unconditionally.

 

 

 

A/N: HELLO MY BEAUTIES! I really am sorry for being gone and not updating at all. College is stressful and planning events for my church is keeping me busy. Also, my laptop broke -__-" but i did get it fixed (yay!) I'll definitely try to write more. If you're interested in reading more stories, you can follow me on my tumblr 

I'll try to update Stay With Me as well as After All This Time.

AND THANK YOU FOR 1K VIEWS FOR BABYSTEPS. YOU ALL ARE GREAT /HEARTS/