CH02

Betting Everything
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suggested Song: DJ Got Us Fallin’ in Love (ft. Pitbull) – Usher

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-dvTjK_07c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

=NAYEON’S POV=

 

Narae, having finished her hair and makeup first, was currently working on my face.

“I don’t want anything too sparkly. Nothing too strong either.” I told her in advance, trying to put on the sternest voice I could muster up.

“But it’s a club theme!” She whined in response, putting down her palette of glittery shadows and picking up the matte shades.

“200 people from our university and just about another 100 who have already graduated. They’re all going to be at the party, and who knows how many people from outside our village are going to stop by at the biggest party around tonight! And you’re wearing a funeral dress to it! With no glitter on your face!”

I frowned and glanced at the dress I chose, hanging on the door of my closet. “It’s not a funeral dress!”

“It’s black, long sleeved and doesn’t stick to your curves honey. This is why you don’t have a boyfriend! No one knows what you’ve got to flaunt! You should be wearing something like mine!” Narae complained as she waved to her hot pink, skin tight tube dress, hanging beside mine.

I laughed in response, and sat back as she continued working on my makeup.

20 minutes later, we were both done and slipping on our shoes.

“Remind me to have no less than 5 drinks tonight.” Narae said as she re-applied some lip gloss.

“Don’t you mean no more than 5?” I asked, staring at her with wide eyes.

“No, I meant no less. I’m planning to get wasted tonight and find myself a boy toy. Plus, Minki hated seeing me drunk. And he’s going to be there.” She said glumly.

I looked at her for a good few seconds before I walked over and wrapped my arms around her shoulder. “You deserve much better than someone like him. So keep your head up, sober and strut your y self around the party and look for someone that’ll love you for you.”

Narae appeared taken aback before smiling and wrapping her arm around my waist and turning to look in the mirror.

“Look at us, we look hot as . We’re going to have fun tonight.”

 

I smiled and gave her a short squeeze before letting go and grabbing my keys.

----------

When someone throws a party in this town, you don’t expect everyone to attend.

When someone throws a club themed party with alcohol provided however, the story is different.

It was currently 10pm, a good hour into the party.

“Stop being such a hard Nayeon, the main characters always enter a party late.” Narae laughed when I wouldn’t stop complaining about how late we were.

“That’s the point, I don’t want to make an entrance!”

“Nayeon,” Narae stopped me as we were about to enter the building. “Promise me you’ll stay until at least midnight. If you’re still miserable and sober then, you can go.”

I sighed and nodded. “Fine.”

“Good! Let’s go!”

2 minutes was all it took for Narae and I to get split in the crowd. Being a siren meant being social, having a lot of friends and attracting a lot of guys.

Being Narae Jung and a 98% mundane meant feeling left out, awkward and boring.

Making my way through the party, I thought about how funny it was that all of the people here attended the same school as I did, at one point in our lives. Familiar faces, yes. Life stories behind those faces? No.

No one knew my story, and I never tried hard enough to figure out anyone else’s. And that’s just how I wanted it to be.

I paused to look around the room.

There were several pairs of mates, attached at the hip. That was one thing I was envious about the supernatural – everyone knew who they were going to fall in love with, and had no problem doing so.

Sometimes, I wished that the 2% of supernatural blood left in me would be an exception and make me a mundane with a mate. But that wasn’t likely.

Other than mates, there were groups of friends, girls whispering to each other as they eyed cute boys. Boys, drinking as much free alcohol as they could and enjoying their time.

None of which caught my eye, further confirming the comment Narae had made a few months back.

“I swear, you’re going to grow old without a husband, always looking after orphans and injured animals.”

We were talking about where we saw ourselves in ten years, after graduating university.

Narae would most likely have found her mate by then, gotten settled and maybe have a few kids. It was still interesting to me that sirens, o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter