CH01

Betting Everything
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suggested Song: Nightmare (ft. Gayoon of 4MINUTE) - Junhyung of B2ST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8necWD2VXk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

=NAYEON’S POV=

 

“Get up!” My mom whispered as my dad picked up my sister and pushed me out of the house.

“What’s going on?” I asked, confused and still half asleep.

“Rogue vampires are on their way up the village.” Our next door neighbour said as he helped my mom carry a few bags.

“Why?” I asked again, not understanding what they would want with a village in the middle of nowhere. No one here was rich, no one here was powerful. We were just a small town of about a hundred nymphs.

“Jaerin overheard a bunch of them talking about how they were experimenting with different supernatural creatures, trying to drain them of power and take it for themselves. I guess nymphs are next on their list.” The man explained, nodding over to man looking about 20 years old.

“They’re here!” Someone shouted from behind us, and that’s when all hell broke loose.

People were being dragged to the ground all around us, blood splattering everywhere as the hisses of vampires enveloped the village.

“Run!” My dad shouted as he kicked a vampire in the stomach and my mom stabbed it with a blade I vaguely remember her enchanting as we were leaving the house.

“Come on!” Jaerin exclaimed as he dragged me by the wrist across a shallow lake and up a hill. “The werewolf village is close, vampires won’t enter their territory!”

As I scuffled to make my way up the steep hill, my heart sank to the bottom of my stomach as I heard a familiar wail.

I turned around to stare open-mouthed at the sight before me.

Nymphs, dead or nearly dead, were spread amongst the blood bath which was once green grass.

“Yeonseo!” I cried out as I searched for my little sister.

“Nayeon, run!” I heard my mother screech before a vampire caught up to her and snapped her neck.

“MOM!” I yelled, before I let out another cry as I spotted another vampire drinking viciously from my dad’s neck.

“NANA!” My sister shrieked as another vampire picked her up and stared at the little child curiously, before revealing his fangs through a grin.

“No!” I bellowed, as he brought his fangs down, into her neck.

I was shaking with tears, watching the life leave my sister’s eyes.

“It’s your turn.” A voice whispered into my ear, as I whirled around in fear to see two figures, appearing exactly like my parents, reveal their fangs and lean towards me, as I black out.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter