A Series Of Unexpected News

Smoking Mirrors

Kyungsoo’s eyes were wide as they could be as he watched his best friend absentmindedly drinking beer from the neck of a cold bottle, running his fingers nervously through the condensation on the glass. Junmyeon didn’t drink; he took such great care of his body and made such an effort to be healthy as he could, that seeing him like this, taking small sips of the bitter drink had Kyungsoo gobsmacked.

However, truth to be told, Kyungsoo wasn’t really sure that Junmyeon knew or at least acknowledge that he was drinking. It was pretty funny to watch Junmyeon take gulp the liquid and then grimace at the taste; the blond dancer had definitely scrambled his best friend’s brain for him to behave like this.

His husband, ever the character, chose to point that fact over to Junmyeon, since the beer had been for him to enjoy in the first place. Yixing had passed near the table and asked them what they wanted to drink; Yifan had asked for a beer and he, himself, had ordered a fruity cocktail, which had Jongdae mocking them for a while before he took a shot of some clear blue liquid, before he stood up and went somewhere, no doubt to check on his boyfriend. Junmyeon had ordered an ice tea which was brought by a tall drink of a man with bronzed skin and sweet eyes, who everybody noticed except for Junmyeon.

“You are aware that you are drinking beer and not you ice tea, aren’t you Junmyeon?”

The dark haired man looked at Yifan, eyes big and wide open, shifting them to the glasses on the table before spluttering like crazy and sticking is tongue out, much like a dog would, trying to get rid of the taste.

“It’s really not that bad.”

“It alcohol Yifan!” exclaimed Junmyeon scandalized.

“It won’t kill you, just the bacteria.”

Junmyeon took the ice tea glass on his hands and gulped it thirstily, still looking like a man who committed a crime, making the tallest of them all roll his eyes at the other at his drama.

“Do s always have this effect on you?” asked Yifan looking genuinely curious.

The smaller male blushed to the roots of his silky brown hair, hiding his face on his hands afterwards, clearly embarrassed and reliving the moment on his head, if Kyungsoo read his expression correctly.

“Look, Junmyeon, you shouldn’t feel bad about this; he was really forward, I’ll give you that, but there was no cruel intention behind it.”

“He grinded on me and made me touch him. That was really embarrassing; everyone was watching and I have…”

Junmyeon caught himself before he finished the sentence. He meant to say that he had a fiancé, and he did until a few days ago, but not anymore; Minho was a distant dream, a broken, shattered one, but still a dream. The thought felt like ice cold venom that spread itself on his chest, making his heart ache and shrivel a little, pain suffocating him enough to stop his breathing for a few seconds.

That was how he felt. That was how Junmyeon had been feeling ever since his life had taken a turn for the worst, with him losing the man of his dreams and being cheated upon.

Yifan and Kyungsoo, ever the observant people they were, quickly noticed the slip of tongue. Yifan looked directly at Junmyeon, expression impossible to read. Junmyeon almost expect him to say something, since Yifan had no trouble in voicing his opinion, however, the words came from Kyungsoo’s mouth.

“You were going to say Minho, weren’t you Junmyeon?” he asked with a sad voice, his eyes dimming a little and his mouth curling in a way that made Junmyeon’s stomach twist. “But guess what? Minho is gone. He is gone from your life and you are still mourning for him, which you are allowed to. You are allowed to feel sad and cry at the situation that had happen. However, don’t be miserable and content yourself in feeling pity for yourself and resign yourself to just that. Be angry! Smash plates and call him names. Burn his pictures and cast a plague upon his existence. You think so much of him and are putting Minho in such a high pedestal, throwing yourself down constantly, asking what have you done wrong, and it is so painful to watch; to see you spiraling into negativity and self-hate because of something that obnoxious troll did to you. Don’t fool yourself more into thinking he is your prince charming, because he isn’t. So goddammit Junmyeon reign yourself back in and take control of your life and find someone better than him!”

The words had been spoken calmly, softly even, although there was slight of resentment and unconcealed anger in his best friend’s voice; the advice had been simple and straight to the point yet Junmyeon could not help but to feel a little betrayed at the other’s words.

What Junmyeon didn’t understand, or perhaps didn’t want to understand, was Kyungsoo wanted the best for him and Minho wasn’t included in that package of happiness that his friend wanted for him. Junmyeon was still very much hung on the thought that Minho was his prince charming and that, somehow, he would realize his mistake and come back to him.

He pressed his lips together, looking away from his friend, disregarding Kyungsoo’s guilty and sad face altogether with Yifan’s stern gaze. He would say nothing over this matter for a while. Maybe he could prove Kyungsoo’s right.

There was an awkward silence at the table, punctuated only by the soft murmurs of Yifan’s voice against Kyungsoo’s hear and Junmyeon had no doubt that the taller was trying to cheer up his husband, since the man was the perfect picture of defeated. That silence was only broke when Yixing appeared on the stage, looking charismatic and smiling, thanking all the present people for coming and stating that Saturday was, as many knew, live singing day and that the attraction of the night, Baekhyun and Chanyeol, the infamous El Dorado duo, would be singing for them in a few minutes.

Few minutes turned out to be seconds since a tall man with a guitar followed by a petite boy stepped into the stage, as soon as Yixing finishes placing the microphone into place.

If the tall man looked imposing and kind of threatening, considering that he was almost as tall as Yifan and Yifan was a beast, the other man looked shy and insecure. His eyes were lines with kohl and he was looking at the crowd through his lashes. He was pale, hauntingly so, in a way that contrasted beautifully with his raven hair.

The taller male however, looked exactly the opposite, warm and kind, with a smile that was as sweet as it could ever be. He was not as pale as the other man; one could even say he had a slight tan. His silver hair glittered in the bar’s neon lights as his dark eyes scanned the crow quickly before returning his gaze to the guitar in his hands, fiddling with it.

There was a hoot somewhere near the stage that sounded exactly like Jongdae and by the way the tall male smiled, Junmyeon figured the taller must be Chanyeol, Jongdae’s boyfriend, which meant the smaller male had to be Baekhyun, the other half of the duo.

Junmyeon watched as Chanyeol sat on a high stool, placing his guitar oh so gently on his lap and flexed his fingers a couple of time, before setting them on top of the chords, nodding at Baekhyun who brought the microphone that he had on his hand to his lips.

There was a suffocating silence across the bar; everyone was on the edge of their seat, looking at the small male, waiting for him to sing. Expectation at its best! Junmyeon, distracted from his previous thoughts and his anger at Kyungsoo’s, gazed at the singer, his eyes roaming up and down on his lean figure, unsure as to what expect. Yixing had spoken highly of them but could this petite man really deliver it and match the bar that had been set?

The first small, soft note, that came out from Baekhyun’s mouth was enough to have people nodding at him, sold by the captivating and rich tenor voice that the male possessed

However, when the music, the simple chords that Chanyeol was plucking from his guitar, began to pick up the tempo, a tad faster than at the beginning, Baekhyun’s voice turned into a powerful, emotional roller coaster, that had Junmyeon grabbing his chest. The kid’s voice went up and down smoothly, with barely any effort, slow and fast, mellow, bitter and so hurt. It was like an intriguing dish that you tried for the first time and it has a strange taste in your mouth, good, but strange, unidentifiable, that keeps you wanting more.

He had every single head in the room looking at him, completely enraptured in that small, enchanting creature, that really hadn’t much going for him at first glance but, when he sang, he filled any void and become larger than life. It was amazing. He wondered where Yixing had found such talent.

He tilted his head forward, sticking it enough so that he could see the duo on the stage better, with a slight smile on his face, noting how Yifan had pulled Kyungsoo to his side, making the smaller snuggle against it, both parts forgetting the moment had had perspired not long ago.

Now, it was time to let music sooth their wounds, if only for a while.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

For about an hour, that little man, known as Baekhyun, and his gigantic counterpart, Chanyeol, his brother’s boyfriend apparently, managed to do what Junmyeon thought it was impossible, which was to silence the whole bar and keep the visitors head’s turned solely on their way, completely amazed by the raw talent before them, memorized by a complete stranger who sang with closed eyes and all of his heart.

He tackled every type of song possible with an ease that was incomparable, from ballads, to pop songs, to rock anthems; everything. It was magic really and Junmyeon was surprised how such a talent was being wasted in a bar like this. He loved Yixing but this bar looked like the road to perdition, if he was being honest. Chanyeol was a very good guitarist as well, skilled and professional and Junmyeon enquired, in his mind, what did the man do as a living, what were his goals, after all his little brother deserved the best.

When Baekhyun finished singing, Junmyeon failed to realize that for a moment if not by the loud clapping all around, lost in his thoughts, there was perspiration running from the tendrils of man’s jet black hair; tiny little drops that disappear below his crisp white shirt, in the soft planes of his concealed chest.

He picked up a bottle of water and drank greedily, eyes never looking once at the crowd in front of him, while Chanyeol let down his guitar, positioning it against the stool he had sitting on before. With a smile as bright as the sun, Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun to bow to the crowd, cheerfully thanking everyone for being present at their show but Baekhyun maintained his head low even when people began shouting his name.

Frankly, it was quite off putting to Junmyeon; the man should acknowledge the credit he was been given, it was the polite thing to do, but the man seemed that he couldn’t care less about being polite. Junmyeon sighed at that, at least his brother’s boyfriend fit the part, thank god; he had met one or two of Jongdae’s lovers and they had been…less than proper.

The small man finally acknowledge the crowd by giving a tiny nod, dark eyes finally making contact with the people in front of him and Junmyeon was quite taken aback seeing such sad eyes on the male; but maybe it was the consequence of the emotions he poured on his singing. He sang and made other people happy, leaving him with no option but to be burden with the negative feelings. Or maybe that was just Junmyeon’s romantic side speaking louder than it should.

Yixing passed once through their table, asking if everything was alright and Junmyeon wanted to say yes for an instant, confess to someone that he had been feeling uncomfortable as hell in the position that he had been, he could not stress that enough, but Jongdae was approaching, glass in hand looking extremely content and he absolutely refused to let his brother hear him confessing such thing, he wouldn’t never hear the end of it; he could really hear Jongdae calling him prude and saying that he didn’t know how to have fun. His younger brother enough as it is.

The younger male sat at the table again, eyes poised on the wings of the stage, waiting for someone to jump out of it. He didn’t even say anything to any of them, he just stared across the crowd and Junmyeon couldn’t help but to let a fond smile grace his lips; Jongdae was too much like a tiny sparrow, if he wanted to be truly poetic with it, you could approach it but never catch it, since he always fluttered out of reach far too quickly, only those who he deemed trusty could approach enough.

“You are awfully quiet…” mumbled the younger male suspiciously finally turning out to them. “Are you still fighting a stiffy about the dancer stuff? Because he was hot, you could go out with him and just do something reckless for once, preferably him!”

“Jongdae!!”

“Oh for heaven’s sake…”

“Here we go again…”

“I did no such thing!” denied Junmyeon, shaking his head vehemently from one side to another. “It was inappropriate, that’s what it was!”

“You’re in a bar Junmyeon, appropriate is not the word I use to describe the scenery here!” pointed Jongdae hand on the general direction of the dancing bodies that were starting to agglomerate in front of the now empty stage.

Since the live part of the night’s show was now over, the DJ was now putting up some upbeat song that had even the more introverted people standing up and moving their bodies to the music. There was more body contact than Junmyeon hoped for, a lot less decorum and a lot more libido.

As if sensing the impeding discussion between the two brothers, or at least, the agitation growing on Junmyeon and the impish nature on Jongdae’s part becoming more prominent, Yifan laced his fingers with Kyungsoo, quite lovingly, as he always did.

“I am in the mood for dancing. Let’s go dance Kyungsoo.”

“I am horrible dancer.” mumbled Kyungsoo, looking into his husbands eyes.

“We just one-two-step and it will be perfect; as long as it’s you.”

Kyungsoo smiled softly at his giant, admiring the look of love on Yifan’s expression that only seemed to thicken over the years, growing exponentially, the same expression as the one on his face, and brought the larger end to his lips, kissing it, before pulling the other male out of the booth, hips swinging already to the beat.

Junmyeon looked at the happy couple, sending them a glare for leaving him alone with Jongdae. .

“Junmyeon, seriously, live up a little, no one was doing it on purpose to irk you, people are here to have fun. And if someone is here just to get laid, which I suspect a lot of people do, you don’t have a to say to it, it’s their life and it is unfair of you do judge them.”

“Mom and dad…”

“Mom and dad are amazing people, they taught us a lot, but they don’t understand little things that are so trivial in today’s society. Mom think is a scandal to have a fling with someone, dad still finds abominable not to go to college and have a degree and that certain jobs are degrading when compared to others. Do you thinks he finds it funny when I pack my backs and travel to a foreign country just because I want to? He is still pissed at me for not maintaining that accountant job. There are conservative and, worse than that, they don’t like to admit that they are wrong. The judge and takes sides and if it’s not theirs, than it doesn’t matter, so you, bringing them as a defense argument in this case it’s not the best.”

“They don’t take sides Jongdae, it’s not like that. They just do what they think it’s best for people.”

“And sometimes they completely disregard people’s dreams and wishes doing so. They cage you. And the worst kind of blind it one the one that refuses to see Junmyeon, remember that.”

Junmyeon was not very sure as to what Jongdae was referring to but he had an idea that it might have something to do with his parents and the way that had pressed onto Jongdae to choose his major, his job; Jongdae had been always submitted to a lot of pressure to do well and most of the time it had not been what Jongdae wanted. It never was like Jongdae wanted, until he grew and became independent.

Most importantly, Junmyeon had failed to realize that most of the times that pressure came into the form of comparison between the two brothers; their parents always used Junmyeon as an example to everything, which was, on itself, a high bar to surpass. Jongdae never resented his older brother, since Junmyeon was blissfully unaware of this fact, since he was known for being a bit of a space cadet, and the younger admitted that the man has worked enough to earn all the merits people gave him. That and Jongdae loved Junmyeon to a fault, even when the prick was being stupid and unreasonable, like he usually did.

“Dae!”

The Kim brother’s head turned, at the exact same time, towards the voice calling out to Jongdae, eyes landing on the imposing and tall figure of Chanyeol, rapidly approaching them, a shy Baekhyun in tow, locked in Chanyeol’s firm grip.

Junmeyon watched as his brother lit up like a neon light as the silver haired male, immediately standing up and falling into the taller’s arms with a quick smile on his lips and a joy that was incomparable. The whole happiness that Jongdae emanated made Junmyeon take a double take at the younger, surprised.

“Yeol!” he called, hugging the tall male tightly in his arms and giving him a kiss that was borderline sweet, borderline filthy and hot and made everyone nearby, read Baekhyun and Junmyeon, feel uncomfortable.

“Junmyeon.” he heard his brother calling “I wanted you to meet Park Chanyeol, commonly known as Chanyeol or even Yeol by me.”

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, Jongdae talks very highly of you.” greeted the silver haired man, with a pleasant smile on his face, extending a hand that Junmyeon grasped, shaking it firmly with a smile on his own.

“I can’t say the same of you because I only recently got to know that Jongdae had a boyfriend but that was entirely my fault since I did not hear my brother with the attention that I should. I apologize to you because of that.”

“No worries.” replied the male easily with a grin. “Oh, I would like you to meet my singing partner and best friend: Byun Baekhyun. I used to play at El Dorado a lot, solo, but it is just better with Baekhyun I guess, now people have a good voice to hear, instead of mine; I’m good but not that good.”

The smaller male waved at them, just a little shake of his slender hands, along with a nod of his head. The boy, who looked no older than Chanyeol, somewhere along twenty three or twenty four years older, looked at him for about two or three seconds before looking away to Chanyeol.

“I am really sorry to interrupt you Chanyeol and your friends” He began in a soft, low tone of voice. “It is a pleasure to meet you all, and don’t get me wrong, but I really have to go…”

“I thought you were staying until the bar closes?” asked Chanyeol, with a frown on his handsome face, harms circling Jongdae’s narrow waist.

“I can’t. I have to finish a paper for my Advanced Biochemistry class and start one report for Molecular Microbiology and Infection. And I have to work tomorrow, my shift at the coffee shop starts at 7 a.m. Miyoung is opening the shop but she asked me to help her since Donghae is sick.”

“Is Minseok taking you?” asked the tall male again, a worried look on his face.

“No, he and Yixing are doing the bar’s inventory, Sehun will help I think, since Minseok is his ride home.”

“Minseok would spare a moment to take you.”

“He would but I can’t keep asking him to take me. I asked yesterday and it’s not fair of me to keep pulling him from work, especially considering how crowded the bar is today.” after a few deliberated moments, after chewing his lips, Baekhyun added in a soft voice. “Also, I tried to find him or Sehun but I couldn’t find any of them. They are too busy I guess.”

“What about Luhan?” asked Jongdae, noticing the crestfallen look that Baekhyun tried to hide and the serious expression that descended on Chanyeol’s smiling face.

“Luhan is going to stay until later today, for some reason. I’ll just take a bus home.”

“It’s late Baekhyun. If you want Chanyeol and I can take you home.” offered Jongdae “That way we know you arrive safe and sound.”

“Yes!” nodded Chanyeol “Because your neighborhood is truly dreadful.”

“That’s okay. Thank you for the offer but I’ll really just take the bus.”

“Seriously Baek, none of that, I’ll take you and that’s it! You’ll get home faster, rest more and have more time to do your school work.”

“No buts, Baekhyun. He will take you in no time, that’s best friend duties!”

“If you don’t mind then.”

“Of course not.” replied Chanyeol, pressing a kiss to Jongdae’s head. “I’ll just take him home and I’ll see you in a bit Dae.”

“Sure.”

To Junmyeon surprise, Baekhyun turned to him, looking him in the eye, a tad more relaxed, before speaking softly.

“I am really sorry to cut this short Junmyeon and, please don’t this in the wrong way, but I really do have a lot to do.”

The older man, a little surprised at the polite excuse coming from the small man, gave a nod and shook his hands with the man before Chanyeol, after pressing another kiss to Jongdae’s lips, escorted the male out of the bar, excusing himself and promising to come back.

“Your boyfriend seems nice!”

“My boyfriend is the nicest!” agreed Jongdae watching both males departing with twinkling eyes, clearly happy.

Junmyeon watched his brother being completely elated in his tall boyfriend. Jongdae, his baby brother, who never got attached to anyone, who was a free spirit, was so besotted with someone and it was such a nice thing to see and quite remarkable too.

What really shocked Junmyeon was the fact that his brother, as it would appear, had a side to him that he had yet to unveil, that he had yet to discover, simply because Jongdae hadn’t shared it with him, or maybe he had never bothered to let himself inside of that world. A world where Jongdae had his boyfriend and a group of friends, besides Kyungsoo and Yifan, that Junmyeon ignored until it confronted him right in the face, just like this, when Junmyeon was forced to cohabitate and interact with these people, like Chanyeol or Baekhyun, maybe also the golden haired male, with wide shoulders and beautiful long neck that was now talking to his brother, a pouty look on his young, handsome face that could rival his own.

“…but he didn’t even warn any of us!”

“He tried Sehun but he couldn’t find any of you!” replied Jongdae calmly and patiently, as if he was a condescending parent talking to a particularly difficult child.

“I know but didn’t say goodbye.”

“You were nowhere in sight, he did really try and say goodbye but he had to go home, work and college.”

“He is so busy lately…” complained Sehun.

Jongdae nodded before adding something that sounded like ‘he is a busy person, lot of worries’. Funny that this had been said by Jongdae who was the least busy person ever, since he switch jobs like a mad man on the mission.

“Who’s this?”

Junmyeon came to his senses to see the tall blond male looking at him, a few inches apart from him, with a cute little frown on his face and curious eyes.

“That is my brother!” replied Jongdae, expertly pulling Sehun backwards, making the young man stumble back with a small yelp. “Kim Junmyeon, master of all things prim and proper and whom I love dearly. Please refrain to hang up on him like an ornament on a Christmas tree, he has enough of that and you are in a relationship.”

“Well, at least introduce me, we could be friends!” begged Sehun with such an adorable grin that it took all of Junmyeon’s willpower not to pinch his cheeks and coo; Jongdae did not seemed affected, maybe he was immune to the man’s charms.

“Myeon,” he called, monotonously, turning to his older brother, a dry expression on his face. “this Oh Sehun, twenty two years old, goes to the same college as Baekhyun and Chanyeol, though he is an Informatics Technology major. He is a gigantic puppy-child who doesn’t slobber as much a regular dog would and is not as short as a child is. He is a hybrid.”

Sehun beamed at Junmyeon, even though there was actually a bite to Jongdae’s words that the younger could take as an offense.

“Jongdae forgot to tell you that I am also super cute and adorable.” he stated with a proud look on his face. “Don’t you forget that!”

Junmyeon fought the urge to smile and he could also see, from the corner of his eyes, Jongdae doing the same, although Junmyeon could only tell by the mischievous glint in his eyes.

“I won’t Sehun!”

“Good!” mumbled the younger, clearly satisfied with the impression that he had bestow upon the older man.

“Yeah, yeah. You impressed my brother now run along and go tell Minseok that Baekhyun has gone home before he blows a casket when he finds that Baekhyun is gone.”

Sehun’s expression seemed to sober up at the mention of the dark haired man, his previous happy state dimming slightly, before he nodded and scampered away, after saying his goodbyes to Junmyeon, which consisted in a warm, unexpected hug.

“Interesting friend you have here!”

“He is the youngest of us all and he seriously basks in the attention, more so, he is genuinely an innocent kid at heart. He gets really annoying at some points because he tends to overdo the whole ‘I am cute’ thing but you cannot stay mad at him no matter what.”

“I didn’t imagine him to be someone that you could have a friendship with.”

“Why?” asked Jongdae pushing his brother to sit at the booth, signing the passing bartender, the bronzed skin one, to bring him something to drink.

“Because he appears really young and bright and bubbly and you’re more of the sarcasm and wit all the way through.”

“I don’t pick my friends based on my personality; I rather get to know them and then go from there. Sehun is a good person, with a huge heart, who cares about people in the most genuine way ever. Sure, it’s overwhelming at times; he is overwhelming but he has a good head on his shoulders and a great heart. For me, that is more than enough.”

“It seems that you’ve known him from Chanyeol and Baekhyun…”

“Yes.” replied his brother absent mindedly, tracing Kyungsoo’s abandoned glass with a finger “More from Baekhyun. They are like a package deal.”

“Oh? How so?”

“Sehun is Baekhyun’s boyfriend. Didn’t you notice?” asked Jongdae with a raised eyebrow.

“No! I thought that Sehun was Minseok’s boyfriend, he was always saying his name.” replied Junmyeon with a frown on his face.

“But he is!”

“Wait! What? Didn’t you just tell me that Sehun is Baekhyun’s boyfriend?”

“I did but I also told you that Minseok is Sehun’s boyfriend and Baekhyun’s too.”

As the older failed to comprehend the message behind Jongdae’s words, if the confused look on his was anything to go by, the younger sighed in annoyance, his patience growing thin at Junmyeon’s lack of comprehension, or perhaps just as his conservative brain who wasn’t being able to realize the most obvious thing ever.

“Baekhyun, Sehun and Minseok are dating each other, as a trio, a polyamorous relationship.”

And that was when Junmyeon’s brain fizzled and the penny drop, mouth hung open unattractively as he asked, a little louder than he normally would.

“What????”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo sighed deeply as he rubbed Junmyeon’s back, while Yifan stared at them, a mixture of pity and amused twinkling in his dark eyes at the scene.

After Jongdae had told his brother about the trio’s polyamorous relationship, Junmyeon had a meltdown, mumbling incoherently to himself. Apparently, the older was having quite a difficult time to understand the dynamics of said relationship and the fact that not only each one of them was dating more than one person and the fact that Minseok, at twenty nine years of age, was a lot older than both of his partners.

Of course that this was all a very retrograde perspective that had been embed, more like drilled, in his mind by his parents, whom Kyungsoo suspected that would right out pull holy water out of their pockets to throw upon any of the three males, if they knew they were all in a relationship.

However, Kyungsoo also knew that the Kim’s parents, for all their rules and frankly imbecile views upon the world, were no match for Jongdae’s open mind, or for his and Yifan’s reasonable points of view. More so, Junmyeon was an intelligent man that gracefully accepted defeated when proven wrong; therefore Kyungsoo calculated that very few time would be spent on trying to make Junmyeon see that there was nothing wrong with their relationship; spending some time with the involved party was also a very worthy option; they seemed nice enough, Sehun and Baekhyun did at least, and Yifan agreed with him.

“I don’t understand it: how can one be okay knowing that love is being shared with another? How can you even love more than one person at the same time?”

“Love can’t be quantified, Junmyeon.” explained Yifan calmly, as if he was speaking to one of his children at school. Jongdae had left after Junmyeon started to spew nonsense, with a disappointed look on his face, leaving them both to try and reason with the petite man. “Nor you can choose who to love. Why must it be wrong for them to love more than one person? Society was what dogmatized the number of people in one relationship, nothing more.”

“Still Yifan, explain to me how can you say I love that person but then look at another and fall in love too?”

“I can’t answer to that, I fell in love with Kyungsoo and my heart says that I need no more than him to be happy but if you asked them, I am sure that they could answer you that.”

“I cannot wrap my head around this!” mumbled Junmyeon, bending himself in half and dropping his forehead on the table.

“You don’t have to understand it! Just to accept it.”

“It was a terrible thing to come here. I should’ve just stay at home, watching TV or maybe working a little. Ever since I got here all I got was alcohol on my body…”

“That loosen you up a little; it wasn’t so bad…” muttered Kyungsoo, earning a side glare from his best friend.

“…an encounter with people who have an unconventional relationship and a blonde man thinking he is a stripper, rubbing himself up on me like I am a pole!” finished Junmyeon with a slight whine at the end.

“I can rub onto you a lot more if you let me.” remarked a slow, sensual voice behind him making Junmyeon turn around quickly, nearly head butting Kyungsoo, who managed to avoid the accident but spilt his beer on top of the table.

Behind them, hands splayed on the back on their booth, with a lazy smile on his lips and eyes dark that Junmyeon could only describe as lecherous, staring straight at him, was the blond dancer, looking very handsome and so y, that Junmyeon’s body thrummed for a few seconds with want before the man could control it.

The man laughed shortly at Junmyeon’s panicked and shocked expression, smirking slightly as he probably recognized that extra something that flashed momentarily on the said man’s face before winking playfully.

“I’m Luhan and I think you are extremely hot!”

 

 

 

A/N: It took me long enough but it's finally updated. I have been procastinating really hard and putting my sleep time before writing: I'm sorry!!!
So, second chapter, and you know more about the whole crew, Jongin only had some cameo apperances but, fear not, he will appear more! Jongdae's bae is finally here with his little friend and his boyfriends! SURPRISE!!! So yeah, I am going to make BaekXiuHun (is this even a ship's name?!?!) happen and I am going to enjoy the heck out of it since I have plans for them... a lot! Giving a little hint, and since I cannot, for the life of me, live without Baek in my stories, Junmyeon is going to grow up by befriending Baekhyun. As you see, he his not the bubbly and sassy character that I am used to write! :3
I hope that you liked this chapter and I am sorry if the surprise was not what you wanted to see or even expected but don't abandon this story yet and give it a chance, okay? I may like it, you never know.

Now, remember: stay healthy, stay safe, love unconditionally and be EXTREMELY HAPPY!
May you have an incredible day!
Love you all!
<3