Winner, Winner...Venison For Dinner?

Smoking Mirrors

It had been a week exactly from the day where there was the big discussion at the coffee shop and things had been easier than Junmyeon had imagined, partially because Baekhyun had taken things far better than he had imagined, partially because Sehun had made a real huge effort to show that the other man that he was appreciated and liked.

It had done a real deal with Junmyeon’s forever romantic heart as he noticed the small little things that Sehun did for Baekhyun: the little notes that he left on the smaller’s locker, a little flower that appeared on the other’s hair as Sehun, swiftly, much like a ninja, passed through him at the coffee shop, it was the little songs he dedicated to the other on his social media platforms and the sweets he left on the other’s tray as he passed through him in college.

It was nice and while Baekhyun remained mostly distrusting and slightly nonchalant, Junmyeon could actually see some little smiles on Baekhyun’s face as he caught him reading the small notes at home, or even when he hummed a song that Junmyeon knew, Luhan was a social media lunatic so he always was update on the matter. It was nice.

Luhan had a talk with Baekhyun, Junmyeon knew that, and whatever had been said between the two of them had definitely helped Baekhyun, the younger had been calmer and relaxed and that made Junmyeon happy; his younger roommate even decided to babysit a few days for Yifan and Kyungsoo. The younger man loved baby Tao, who liked him back, even though the baby liked everyone really. Kyungsoo and Yifan were appreciative of the gesture; it gave them some time to spend together on romantic dates and when both were busy.

Junmyeon, on the other hand, had begun to use his available time with Luhan of all people. The blonde male intrigued him and had shown a deeper, more sensitive side of him ever since the polyamorous couple began having problems; there was something more mature about him and something far more attractive; Junmyeon thought it was worth investigating it.

And that had been precisely the reason why the both of them were having lunch on a sports club near Baekhyun’s college, although it did not matter much since they both knew the younger was at the Wu’s, babysitting.

They had just finished a tennis match and Junmyeon had been extremely impressed with the physical aptitude on Luhan’s part. The man seemed thin and not really bulky, robust with muscles, but he had managed to held on his own to Junmyeon, who had played for years, with an elegance and very naturally, as if it was something that he had done countless times before. It had been funny to actually see Luhan in shorts and a polo shirt, which was nothing like the other’s style but the country club was one that his parents often frequented and it was an extremely luxurious and elitist place, if Junmyeon was to be honest, and there was even a dress code to do sports.

“You’re seriously trying to kill me here!” grumbled Luhan has he drank the fresh water that the waiter just deposited on top of the table. “You should’ve lain easy on me, I am not used to this.”

“But you held very well against me.”

“It wasn’t like I have never played tennis before, I did. I just have done it in a long while and goddamn you’re like the tennis champion or something.”

Junmyeon’s ears perked up at the information; he had never imagined that Luhan had played such a snobby sport, as Luhan called it.

“You played?”

“Several years ago; many, many years to count really. It’s not really my sport. As you know I much prefer grind into someone’s lap than beat up a ball with a racket, running back and forth, back and forth.” Grinned Luhan easily.

“Why though? It’s an interesting sport!” defended Junmyeon, clearly showing that he really liked the sport.

“Seriously? Aside from the demanding physical condition, you really have to be on top shape to run around to give your opponent a good match, I personally think it is too snobbish. All of the places I used to go had people that I personally did not want to associate myself with.”

“You don’t like that kind of people? I am one of those you know?” asked Junmyeon, trying very hard not to be affected by those words since; in all honesty, he was the kind of people who frequented the country clubs since it was a habit that their parents had tried to engrave in both him and Jongdae. However, Jongdae didn’t really give two cents about it, preferring running and doing extreme sports than necessarily dealing with the people who frequented those spaces.

“I am not talking about you in specific, Junmyeon. It’s not like that. What I’m saying is that I was young and influenced until I realized the people that, at the time, frequented the same places as I did, weren’t the best. That does not mean that there weren’t good people or even interesting people there; for me there were a few people that existed, my group, if you want, until I realized that they were not for me.”

“Why?” asked Junmyeon a little mollified at the answer that Luhan had provided.

“They just weren’t.” replied Luhan vaguely, leading Junmyeon to understand that the other didn’t really want to talk about the subject.

Luckily enough, Junmyeon’s didn’t ask anything more and Luhan didn’t have to answer to any other question because and older couple, in their late fifties, approached them.

The woman, an elegant lady, dressed in a pretty cocktail dress, with ebony air and very petit, contrasted immensely with the tall and distinguished man who was dressed in brands that cost more than the majority of things that the club possessed, walked and Luhan could almost see the desire and envy on the face of the patrons of the club.´

“Junmyeon, darling, how have you been?” asked the lady.

“Mother. Father.” Greeted Junmyeon with a smile, leaving Luhan, who was beside him, almost drop the racket on his hand by sheer shock; out of all things, he certainly didn’t expect Junmyeon’s parents, and Jongdae’s too, to suddenly pop out when he least expected, especially when he was all sweaty and disheveled, contrasting so much with Junmyeon, who after an hour and something of a tennis match, still looked fresh as a cucumber, pretty and neat.

Contrary to popular belief, Luhan did care, at times, about the image he portrait to other people and while he didn’t quite like the idea of seeking acceptance from Junmyeon’s parents, he admitted that it was welcome; Luhan liked Junmyeon and he knew how the other’s parents were such an influence on the man.

However, and despite that train of thoughts, Luhan was also a little skeptical about the looks the couple, itself, portrait; Jongdae was not a liar, he was actually very honest, and the things he had heard from the younger’s mouth were enough to make him be aware that they might not be what they appeared to be. He just wanted to be sure if the shiny apple was really a shiny apple or if it was a rotten one who only appeared shiny on the outside: he had dealt with far more fake people in his life than he wanted and be deceived by looks was not a mistake that he would dare to commit again.

“Oh my, I did not that you would be here, darling, otherwise I would’ve planned a lunch with you. I think it has passed too much time since the last time I saw you.” Pouted Mrs. Kim, her red lips forming a small circular shape, before she broke into a scintillating smile while looking at Junmyeon. “You spend too much time working. You should reserve a little more time for the family.

“Listen to your mother son, if not that she will suddenly begin to impose mandatory Sunday dinners or something. Image that.” Laughed Mr. Kim.

“Oh shush you.” Chided Mrs. Kim. “What are you doing here, honey?”

“I’ve just taken some time to enjoy a tennis match with my friend Luhan.” Answered Junmyeon before he pointed to the blond man beside him, who stood up from the chair he had been sitting on.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, Mrs Kim, Mr. Kim.” Greeted Luhan politely, putting on his best smile.

“I would like to say that Junmyeon talks a lot about you, however, at times, my son can be very private and he has not told us anything about you.” said Mrs. Kim, a smile upon her face.

“Our friendship is still relatively new.” Intervened Junmyeon quickly, making sure to appease his mother, fearing that she would be upset with him.

Mrs. Kim nodded at her son’s words, eyes locked on Luhan’s figure, scanning him with a critic eyes, up and down, for an unknown reason.

“Where did you meet our son?” asked Mr. Kim and Luhan could see, from the corner of his eye, the way that Junmyeon immediately stiffen and looked at him, begging him to tell them something other than the truth.

“Well…”began Luhan slowly, trying to find words to describe how he had meet Junmyeon; he couldn’t possibly say that it was because he had given their son a at a club, now could he? “I met Junmyeon on night where he was just enjoying his night with his friends, Kyungsoo and Yifan, and Jongdae. I just approached him because, honestly, your son his very charming and he seemed very friendly too.”

Junmyeon shot him a grateful look and his father looked proud at the compliments that were said about his son. Mrs. Kim was a different story apparently.

“You went out with your brother? I hope that you were the one to decide where to go, otherwise, Lord knows where your brother might’ve ended up taking you to.” the woman snorted before remembering Luhan was there. “You see, Jongdae is our younger son and he is quite the rebellious young man, always straying from the brilliant path he had. I love Jongdae but his actions are a little wayward.”

“Don’t say that about Jongdae, mother! He is a good brother and a good son, he just wants to live a life full of adventure; he isn’t the type of person who likes to stay too long in a place, he is not rebellious or wayward, he is just full of life.” defended Junmyeon hotly, eyes sparkling in his haste to protect his brother.

The action made Luhan smile at the petite man and felt a little bothered at the woman’s words, who looked at her eldest son, with a pitying look as if he was an innocent boy who asked her to see Santa Claus, even if everyone knew he did not existed; hell, Luhan would’ve thought she would be to tell everyone that Santa Claus was nothing more than a fairy tale for children.

“Personally,” he began “I find Jongdae to be very entertaining. He is a very compassionate and spirited person, very intelligent too and you really can see that he is very well mannered despite his tempestuous personality. Traced paths are just guidelines to success and who haven’t deviated from it once or twice?”

Mr. Kim looked at him approvingly, as if his words made complete sense, while Junmyeon’s mother twitched her nose in a resemblance of annoyance, without being too conspicuous; not that Luhan cared anyway, she was losing points from him faster than she could even breathe.

“Regardless, it was, in fact, Jongdae that chose the place that we have met, but I think it was a rather fortunate event. How else could’ve met someone as Junmyeon, if not for Jongdae?”

Junmyeon’s father laughed at Luhan’s words, clearly amused by the younger man, who was quite talkative and charming.

“Luhan, my boy, you have a way with words that I appreciate.” Said the older man. “Though I wished to stay here a little longer and have more pleasant conversations with you, I am afraid that I have come here purely due to business, therefore you must pardon us. I hope you don’t feel offended by this lack of courtesy.”

“By all means, Mr. Kim, I do not feel offended at all, after business is business and it must be dealt with even when we have having a pleasant time.”

Junmyeon looked over the corner of his eye to Luhan, completely gobsmacked at the other’s charm and smooth talking; he could see his father positively beaming with each and every answer the blond supplied. It was almost as if Luhan had dealt with this kind of people all of his life.

“But, I really would love if you could grace us some other time with your presence.” Interjected Mr. Kim. “You sound like a very charming and well-mannered young man and I am certainly interested in engaging in more meaningful and long conversations with you.”

“It would be my pleasure, Mr. Kim. It is always nice to have conversations with those older than us, their experience, wisdom and unique perspectives are really eye opening and very interesting. I imagine that it is the same with you, sir.” Complimented Luhan much to Mr. Kim’s delight.

“I would like, if it is possible, for you to attend dinner at our house on Saturday night.” Stated the man, looking at his wife who looked absolutely impotent to deny her husband wishes. “Junmyeon would also be there, of course, such as Jongdae and his partner. Have you met my younger son partner?”

“Yes, I have. Delightful young man, Chanyeol is.” replied Luhan, singing praises to one of the calmest and decent men he knew. “And I think I could make time to attend dinner at your house.”

Luhan didn’t really know what he was signing himself up to, however, there was a part of him that it was extremely curious to see the Kim family on their natural habitat and unveil a little about the troubles they seemed to have, at least the ones he knew of.

“It’s settled then. I’ll send Junmyeon the details and I can hope that my son will deliver them to you, won’t you Junmyeon?”

“Of course father.” mumbled the young man faintly.

After some quick goodbyes, Junmyeon’s parents walked away, hurrying their steps since they had their business to take care of and Junmyeon turned to Luhan.

“What in the world Luhan? Dinner with my parents and Jongdae? It’s going to be insane!” complained the raven haired man.

“I am sure that it won’t be that bad. I think it can possibly be very interesting, even.” Replied the blond male smoothly, unconcerned at the other’s distress.

“Famous last words Luhan, famous last words.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Junmyeon and Luhan, who carpooled with the raven haired man, met with Jongdae and his tall partner at the entrance of the Kim’s house.

It was a big house, really, really big, in Chanyeol’s honest opinion; as he, himself said, it seemed to have ‘too much unnecessary space’. It had been said in a very soft, unsure voice, as if he didn’t want to upset anyone, which he didn’t and Luhan could not agree more, however, he refrained from saying such things, he would not be so gracious about it.

It was a big house, with an equally matched garden, heavily decorated with a stone path, a gazebo and expensive looking flowers. The house was magnificent with a dark roof, enormous windows and large staircase to the wide, white door.

Although the event was quite casual, as the matron of the Kim family had told Junmyeon, they actually knew better than that: Junmyeon was wearing pressed dressing pants and a nice blue shirt, Chanyeol had gone with a dark combo, Jongdae in a classic black and white and Luhan opting for navy dress pants and a dark grey shirt that did wonders on his slender forms.

Junmyeon knocked on the door and a tall man, with a dark uniform opened it, bowing to the ‘young masters’ as he called the Kim brothers, wishing them all a good evening. Two maids scurried past them, bowing too in respect at the guest on their entrance hall.

The butler, a man known as Jaesuk, with kind eyes hidden beneath his glasses lead them all to the sitting room, where the Kim parents were waiting for them. As soon as Mrs. Kim eyes fell upon her, she rose up and walked to them, arms wide open, hugging her sons and the other guests.

“Darlings, it is so incredibly good to have you all here. It really has been a long time since we all shared a meal together.”

She sounded very enthusiastic but Luhan could hear a certain something underneath the perfectly tone of her voice. When he glanced at Chanyeol, the other male had his face trained into a mask of perfect politeness but the look he had sent him showed very well the discomfort that he must have been feeling.

Mr. Kim came out to greet them all with hearty laughs and joyous energy; somehow he made Luhan feel less awkward because he felt more genuine than Mrs. Kim. Luhan didn’t really want to be mean but there was something about the woman that threw him off guard and left him with a bad feeling, something inexplicable, but Luhan had learned to trust his own instincts at some point in his life.

“Well, let’s just move to the dining room, I am sure that we are all famished and a nicely prepared meal would do wonders for us.”

They were led through the house, the beautiful house, to a fancy dining room, where a long table made out of dark wood, with porcelain dishes and silver cutlery on top of it. Mrs. Kim delegated the seats: Mr. Kim at the head of the table, with herself by his right side, than Junmyeon next to her and Luhan next to Junmyeon. In front of her, on Mr. Kim’s other side was Jongdae and then Chanyeol.

The help began bringing the entrée dishes and Luhan was just watching Chanyeol amusedly as the tall male asked, in a whispered tone which was the proper cutlery to use, to which his boyfriend laughed, showing them affectionately and rubbing his hand in a comforting gesture.

“So, Chanyeol is it?” began Mrs. Kim “Where did you meet Jongdae?”

“Honestly speaking, I would like to say that it was at somewhere romantic or in a more romantic situation, but we just met at a local bar. I sometimes play there so earn some money to help with bills and Jongdae was just there one night. We talked a little and since there it has been no way of stopping us, I guess.” Replied the tall man calmly; Chanyeol wasn’t really the person for being too effusive, if anything, everyone agreed that he, along with Yixing, was voice of reason on they group of known people.

“How…quaint!” replied Mrs. Kim before spooning the soup that had been served a while ago into .

Chanyeol looked a little off put at the comment and Jongdae looked at his mother with a frown on his face, clearly not happy about the dismissive tone on his mother’s voice. Inadvertently, it had been Junmyeon the one to dispel situation from its awkward tint.

“I personally don’t think it has to be a romantic factor upon meeting. You two have managed to create a great base to your relationship: you trust each other, talk, love and act as one and that is quite wonderful to stumble upon. Not very romantic but certainly filled with love.” said the man, sending a smile to his brother and brother in law.

“We do have our romantic moments but some of them we are really private about.”

“Jongdae!” exclaimed Mrs. Kim suddenly, making everyone jump. “What kind of behavior is that? There is no room for insinuations like that under this roof.”

“Mind out of the gutter, mother!” deadpanned Jongdae with a blank look on his face. “I was talking about our most private moments, our dates so to speak. Every day is a date with Chanyeol but there are those little moments like hanging together nearby the river, long walks on the beach, dinners…all of those memories. Those are the ones that I romantic and that I won’t share with anyone.”

“That is really nice.” commented Mr. Kim. “I am happy that you found someone son.”

“I am really happy too. I wasn’t quite sure that if there was ever a person who could fit with me so well like Chanyeol does. I am more than happy.” Replied Jongdae, a smile on his face, hand rubbing on top of Chanyeol’s one, eying his boyfriend lovingly.

“Tell us more about yourself Chanyeol,” asked the man “what you do, what are your objectives…”

“I am currently on college majoring on Nanosystems Engineering, which is heavily science based course; we have a lot of physics, math, chemistry and a whole lot other things. I work also at the bar and sometimes, I tutor other students at college.”

“But nanotechnology, although it pays really well, it is a very hard branch to get into.”

“It is but I enjoying myself and sincerely cannot imagine doing something else.” Replied Chanyeol calmly, finishing eating the soup and gently putting the spoon on the side of the plate without risking it falling.

“Ah, passion! That is something so overrated my boy! You need to choose something that it is well paid and where you can work your way into the top, like business. I did business and look at where I am now: top of my career, CEO of a company, a lot of many to enjoy life. That is what you need.”

“With all due respect sure, what I truly like is nanotechnology, I don’t think that business could be suitable for someone like me: I am very good at numbers and formulae but I am terrible with the marketing and selling part.”

“But that can be learned.” Argued Junmyeon’s father and Luhan could actually see that the man was really pushing when it came to business and while he wasn’t rude, people could see that his tipping point would definitely be work.” I started at the bottom as well and learned my way up that way. Junmyeon didn’t chose business but he works inside a corporation where he achieved a really high post and Jongdae actually worked in a company for a while, as an accountant before he decided to be a hippie and just throw a magnificent future to the garbage…”

“It was not what I wanted father.”

“It should have be.” Replied the man hotly, his face already red. “But maybe Chanyeol can change his major, since he is still on time to do that, and actually choose some major that is dignifying and important.”

“Father, I think Chanyeol should do whatever makes him happy.” Intervened Junmyeon, noticing how fast it was all falling off tracks and possibly on the road to a serious argument, since Jongdae was livid.

“Not if your brother ever decides to make a decent and honest man out of himself and Chanyeol. When did this family failed to have a businessman on it? Never! And it is not starting now because you two are both being stubborn.”

Chanyeol looked seriously shocked at the older man’s words, which was completely justified while Jongdae began clenching the tablecloth as soon as the help began serving the main dish, a beautiful dish of brazed venison with a wine and berries sauce.

When Luhan looked a Junmyeon, the man also seemed lost and unsure of what to do, his eyes flickering over from person to person, trying to figure out what could be the best course of action.

It was cute that Junmyeon was actually making an effort to help his brother and brother in law, without hurting his parents too much. Therefore, Luhan decided to calm things a little talking about himself and being a charmer like he was used to, although he had to open a little about his past which was something that he did not like doing.

“To tell you the truth, Mr. Kim, I think nanotechnology is a very smart option; if Chanyeol gains experience enough he could very well build his company from the ground and possibly a company that will be unique enough not to have competition on the international market.” he began slowly, making all eyes turn to himself as he sipped on red wine. “My father thought exactly the same when I was in college majoring in Psychology. He was adamant that I should switch to Business so that I could carry on the family company.”

“Oh? Your family owns a company?” asked Junmyeon’s mother, suddenly interested in the conversation.

“Indeed they have, the Lu High Tech Corporation, I’d reckon you’d know it?” asked Luhan without looking at anything but his glass of wine, fully aware of the bomb he had dropped with the announcement.

The Lu High Tech Corporation was very well known worldwide as a technology corporation who developed who developed software to banking companies and even sold the latest trend of phones, tablets, laptop and all the gadgets alike anywhere in the world. It was a huge empire and they were huge competitors for all the companies of the same genre.

There was surely shocked gasps and stares at him; Luhan could feel it on his sick but the proceeded to continue as if it didn’t bother him.

“My father, his team and I sat together and designed a lot of devices created specifically to people who have psychological disorders and they did bring major profit to the company. You see, it is very possible to build up a company and have use for people other than businessmen in there for profit, as long as the ideas and the dynamic and enterprising spirit are there.”

Mr. Kim nodded at Luhan, seemingly to agree with his perspective and looking over at Chanyeol with a whole new set of his, telling him something along the lines of ‘I hope you have a mind on an entrepreneur’.

“I have a question Luhan.” Asked Mrs. Kim, cutting into her venison. “If you company is called Lu High Tech Corporation, what is your surname?”

“My surname is actually Lu and my name is Han but people, such as myself, find that rather weird so I just rather by called Luhan instead.”

“The Lu’s are a very big company all over the world. Aren’t they based on China?”

“They are.” Answered Luhan shortly, proceeding to continue with his meal.

“My question is why are you here instead of there? I mean, you should be there helping your father and making a big life out of your profits.”

“I had a change of heart and decided to experiment a little with my life. I did some years solely as a psychologist for a while but I decided to just expand my horizons.”

“Why is that?”

“In my perspective, you need new experiences, new discoveries and a little bit of personal growth to be able to grow in every other aspect on your life.” Replied Luhan not really disclosing much about his true reasons, at least that was Junmyeon thought and he wasn’t really that much further from the truth. Then again, he never really shared much about his past.

“Are you invested in a relationship Han?” asked Mrs. Kim, completely refusing to acknowledge the other’s preference for his full name.

“Not at the moment, no.” replied Luhan, trying not to make a face at the woman’s way of calling him; he really disliked being called solely by name.

“My Junmyeon had a really nice fiancé, this handsome man named Choi Minho, I don’t know if he ever mentioned it but unfortunately they are not together anymore. Such a shame.” Remarked the woman, much to Junmyeon’s shock, who never knew his mother had been so upset over his breakup with Minho, especially since she knew that Minho had cheated on him.

“He was cheating on your son with some other guy, some guy that is a go-go dancer at a club downtown, by the way.” Interjected Jongdae, aghast at his mother’s words.

“I do realize that but Minho is a very interesting man, influential too, and he could provide for your brother. Junmyeon should’ve fought hard to keep him after he went behind that boy and, more than that, he should’ve done more to keep Minho in the first place. Also, every person should be a little…accustomed to a little cheating, after all it not that uncommon for people of the high society, such as ourselves.”

“What is that supposed to mean?” asked Jongdae completely fuming “That he should just accept that he was being cheated upon and live like nothing ever happen with the purpose of having Minho? How can you say that? Does your son’s self-respect and pride matter so little for you? What kind of mother are you? Saying those things to your son?”

“I am merely stating the facts.” Snapped Mrs. Kim “Junmyeon had a good husband and a great future ahead of him and he destroyed all that because he was insufficient for Minho.”

“And you’ve got to recognize it; Minho was an excellent candidate to take over our company, especially since Junmyeon’s major does not allow him to do so.” Reinforced Mr. Kim.

“So, in reality, what you are saying is that Junmyeon should’ve just forgotten about is happiness and integrity to keep a man in his life and a man that is a cheater and a liar?”

“Yes, it is Jongdae.” Shouted Mrs. Kim. “You were enough of a disappointment already, disregarding the future that we had prepared for you. Did you know what people say about that? How we were looked aside because of your behavior?”

“I frankly don’t give a about what they have to say.” replied Jongdae with an ugly laugh, while Chanyeol hurriedly tried to calm him down, while his mother gasped at the expletive thrown and his father called him.. “They can go to hell with all of their judgmental comments and attitude! I chose my path and I chose my happiness not them. And don’t you dare talk about Junmyeon because he raised me practically on his own because my parents, my own mother and father couldn’t give two craps about me.”

“And you still ended being a horrible child. Junmyeon is a pushover and he coddled you too much. He is soft and ruined you…and his own life too, he let a man like Minho walk away from his life and god only know who will want someone as soft as he is.”

Luhan heard Junmyeon drop his fork at what he heard. Jongdae was incensed and Jongdae almost stood up from his chair, face red as a tomato, glass of wine falling on top of the white tablecloth.

“With all due respect, Mr. and Mrs. Kim.” Spoke Luhan softly, too softly, folding his napkin and placing it on top of the table. “Not that you deserve it that is, I think that Junmyeon is an excellent husband for anyone, probably one that one that people could only imagine and never obtain because he is far too much for pretentious little snobs. Also, Junmyeon’s ‘softness’, as you call it, made him build a career for himself, without any help, except for the money you threw at him, expecting him to have a degree but not really do something with it, something that you find worthy, but since your definition of worthy is faulty at least, I am going to just say that you wanted him to be the perfect stratford wife. On top of that is had an amazing circle of friends who love him dearly, a brother who thinks he hung out the moon and a godson who probably thinks he is a hero. So, all in all, your son, who educated himself and grew up beautifully despite the fact that his parents, who were really more donors and bearers, spent more time in building a reputation and am empire. Now, if you all excuse me. I think this dinner is over, my compliments to the chef though; it was delicious, even if I did not taste dessert.”

With an unexpected elegance, Luhan stood up from his chair, followed by Jongdae, who grabbed Chanyeol’s hand and began to move towards the entrance.

“You cannot leave like that!” screeched Mrs. Kim, still sat on her chair, looking pretty much like a demon. “I forbid you Jongdae!”

“Forbid me from what exactly mother? I am a fully capable adult.”

“But you want my approval!” she rebutted.

“Your approval for what?” asked Jongdae laughing. “I never needed your approval for anything; I never depended remotely on you, why starting now!”

“Because I can cut you off from the family money.”

“It doesn’t really make a different. I was never after it anyway.”

“And you can’t be with that man! Think about your future. Think about the disgrace of this family when you decide to be with a commoner. I will never approve of it.”

“Well, then we will get married, have children and I will spend the rest of my life making sure my children never get contact with you!”

With that last sentence and an aura of power surrounding him, Chanyeol relieved and still in appalled at the conversation that had just taken place.

Luhan drawn a hand out for Junmyeon to take and the smaller did, throwing his napkin into the table, not really caring if it had just landed on top of a bowl full of peas and mint.  

As they were leaving, right before they crossed the door, Junmyeon turned back, facing his parents.

“You know, all my life I had been trying to convince Jongdae that he should be more appreciative of you, that you were our parents and that you loved us dearly despite the fact that you neglected us far too many times while we were growing up. But Jongdae is less of a fool than I am because he did not believe a single word I told him. Who was I even trying to kid? Who was I trying to convince? I realized that it was myself; I tried to delude myself into thinking you loved us and that we went something for you. I was so wrong. Yet, I still pick a man that you introduced me to, who turned out to be a cheater, I took the classes you wanted me to, I went to places you said it was good for me and I did everything, basically, in function of your needs. Not mine: yours. But I am done with that. I am done of falling into other’s expectations because of the wishes they have for me or the plans they have for me…I am doing things that make me happy from now on and I am going to allow myself to be happy without fearing of disappointing you, you are not worth the trouble. I would never imagine saying these words to my parents but even I can only stand somethings up to a point.”

He turned around, back turning to his now silent parents, eyes misty over the overwhelming emotions that he must’ve felt at the moment, and Luhan was never more proud of him for not letting them fall despite how much he’d imagine the man wanted to.

Junmyeon grasped Luhan’s hand in his, either for comfort or strength the latter didn’t really know, and they abandoned that house without looking back, joining Chanyeol and Jongdae outside.

This was the day where Junmyeon abandoned all pretenses and stopped fabricating lies to protect others because he realized, not all people deserved to be protected. And this was also the day when he grew two meters tall, as a giant, and stepped for the first time into the real world with a completely new mindset about it.

He would conquer it all.

 

 

 

A/N: Tell me that you don't hate Junmyeon and Jongdae's parents right now? Nasty little folks I reckon!!! And we now learned a little more about Luhan's past however, as you could tell, there was a lot yet to say. What are your theories about what happened to Luhan? What is his story? And what about Jongdae's, Luhan's and Junmyeon's reaction to whatever was said during the dinner? Also, tough pill to swallow, at least for Junmyeon.
Tell me all about it in a comment, PM, and while you are at it, subscribe and upvote please! And go check my other stories, maybe you'll find something interesting!
Most importantly, you all stay healthy and safe, show love to people and let yourself be loved in return and just be so incredibly HAPPY! Okay? Okay!
Huge amounts of love! 
<3