Weird Dream

I'll see you again..soon

Baekhyun dreamt of Chanyeol. It was- as if his whole life wasn't already awkward and confusing enough- really confusing. He was at school and listened to Jongdae who whined to Suho about his work and the hot caretaker. Which was not the confusing part. It was Chanyeol sitting there at the table with them. In Baekhyun's seat. But his other friends didn't seem to care. They chatted and laughed with him and Jongin even reached out and clapped him on the shoulder as if he was the best in the world. Baekhyun stood right there, behind Chanyeol but they didn't even acknowledge him. Suho stood up. Weirdly he looked much more than a female than usual, but then again it was a dream. He had a glass of champagne in his hand and smiled at them. "Now, that we're all here I want to welcome Chanyeol into my family. Chanyeol, you are truly amazing and thank you so much for getting rid of Baekhyun for us. Kyungsoo would have done it but since you so kindly offered we are very grateful. To Chanyeol!". He beamed and then chucked his glass of champagne down in one go. Then he laughed, loudly and girly and Baekhyun jerked and woke up from the ringing of his alarm clock. ing hell he thought. What was that? Even though it was a dream he was slightly pissed off that his friends let Chanyeol kill him just to replace him in his spot. Annoyed he stood up and went to the bathroom to get ready.

Once he arrived at school he saw Jongdae and Suho waiting for him as usual. "Hey, Suho greeted warmly, did you sleep well? You don't look so good". "Well, what are you going to do about it, Baekhyun snapped at him, have the almighty Chanyeol murder me with an axe?". He left his two friends behind who looked after him. "W-what.. No I would never do that!" shouted Suho after him, looking concerned. "Ahh, let him be hyung, mumbled Jongdae, he's just thirsty for Chanyeol. Didn't think he'd be into the freaky things though". He started walking behind Baekhyun leaving the older one confused behind. 

Baekhyun walked into his classroom and immediately froze because, damn he had forgotten that he had his first period together with Chanyeol. Who of course happened to look at him and smirked. "Hey Baekhyun, he said and before Baekhyun could walk past him, he grabbed his wrist. Come sit with me, will you?" he asked. "What? No" responded Baekhyun quickly. "Is there a problem here boys?" Mr. Jeong asked them. "No sir, Chanyeol said standing up and bowing shortly. I just asked Baekhyun to sit with me since I don't know that many people yet and I could need some help with the topic". He smiled shyly at the teacher but Baekhyun was sure it was fake. Mr. Jeong however, did not notice that and smiled back at the boy. "Of course Chanyeol, that is a great idea. And a great opportunity for you Baekhyun to not spend a large potion of my lesson sleeping or texting. Help him out as much as possible, ok? Maybe, if you have any more questions you two could meet up after school and discuss it?". Baekhyun freaked out. Well, on the inside he did. On the outside he nodded curtly. Chanyeol smiled brightly at the teacher "That is a good idea, thank you very much Mr. Jeong!". He sat down and pulled Baekhyun in the seat next to him. "Do you have to be such a bootlicker?" Baekhyun asked him turning his head to look at Chanyeol who was (as always) very close. He chuckled, but before he could respond they heard catcalling from the other side of the room and judging from the high tone it could only be.. "Well, you two seem to be getting along just well, aren't ya?" A beaming Jongdae and a kindly smiling Suho approached them. "Changing seats, eh hyung?" Jongdae laughed and before Baekhyun could respond with all those horrible, horrible things he would do if Jongdae once they were alone, the other boy continued "It's ok you know. Suho and I will be just fine. You two should enjoy your alone time". He actually ing winked and Baekhyun, very calmy or at least he hoped he looked calm, stood up and said to Jongdae "You have no idea how much you are going to pay for that you little, miserable . I hope you ing..". "Byun Baekhyun, Suho suddenly said, you better change your tone. Don't talk to him that way". He looked angry which only made the situation worse because Chanyeol was laughing really loudly now, drawing Suho's attention back to him. He started smiling again and bowed to Chanyeol. "Hello, I believe we haven't been introduced yet. I'm Suho, Baekhyuns friend and apparently in charge of preventing murders here". Chanyeol stood up once again and returned the bow. "Yeah, hello I'm Chanyeol. It's nice to meet you". He then turned to Jongdae. "And you are..?". "It won't be necessary for him to introduce himself to you because he'll be dead in..let's see.., Baekhyun checked his watch, in about 1 hour". Chanyeol and Jongdae both laughed at that while Suho just frowned disapprovingly. "I'm Jongdae, Baekhyuns longest friend so if you ever want to know any details or secrets about him just come to me" he joked and bowed to Chanyeol. The latter smirked "Oh, I will definitely do that. It's nice to meet you". After that the bell finally rang and Suho and Jongdae went to the back of the class to sit down. Baekhyun was, well furious would be an understatement. Not only had his friends embarrassed him in front of Chanyeol, they had also acted so friendly towards him that the dream he had last night became a lot more realistic. He cursed under his breath and then stole a glance at Chanyeol who was watching him, seemingly amused. "What?" Baekhyun gritted out. "You look really cute when you're angry came" came the whispered response from Chanyeol. And Baekhyun got even more angry but with himself because he stupidly blushed at that. How old was he, 5?! During the rest of the lesson he subtly tried to scoot away from Chanyeol because he was way too close but Chanyeol noticed and held him close and after a while Baekhyun stopped fighting it and just stayed at his side, with their shoulders touching. He felt the touch even after the lesson was over and he walked alone to the next period because he could not stand to see Jongdae or Suho right now. He would just kill them at lunch. Or just let them eat the food in the cafeteria because that would probably have the same effect.

At lunch break everything was the same as usual. Suho watched over them as he sat at the top of the table. Kyungsoo and Jongin were quietly talking with their heads touching, Sehun and Yixing were occupied with a heated debate about the iron man movies and Jongdae sat and looked at his reflection in a spoon. "Oh, there you are Baekhyun, he said, I was wondering whether you had abandoned us now". "You're the ones who abandoned me in the first place" mumbled Baekhyun. Jongdae looked confused and Baekhyun continued "Ah, forget it. I just had a really stupid dream about you guys and Chanyeol. You let him kill me and then you were all so happy and Suho welcomed him into the family and drank champagne and was even motherly than usual. And then I come to school, just wanting to chill and then you are suddenly super friendly to Chanyeol and bowing and and you really embarrassed me and also it was really unnecessary to mention my secrets and just...". "Baekhyun you're rambling, interrupted Jongdae, I'm not really sure what the heck you are talking about but that was just a dream. No need to freak out. And Suho and I only were friendly because we saw you two sitting together and assumed you befriended him. I mean. I know you're thirsty for him". Baekhyun hit him. "Am not!" he exclaimed. "Yeah, whatever, Jongdae smiled, are you still mad at me?". Damn, Baekhyun had forgotten to murder him and Suho smiley face as well. "Nah, he responded after shortly thinking about it, but don't you dare to do something like that ever again!" Jongdae nodded but added "You can't forbid us to talk with him.. but I promise I won't tell him about that one time when you were 13 and.." The rest was muffled because Baekhyun had practially thrown himself on top of Jongdae to prevent him from speaking.

The rest of the day went by in a blur and surprisingly Baekhyun didn't see Chanyeol again. Sitting in detention after school he thought about him. To get the facts straight: Chanyeol really was handsome and he really was charming and it did feel good to be close to him. Sometimes. But hsi mood also seemed to change dramatically and he dealt with drugs and could also be really threatening. Baekhyun did not know what to think of him. He was really confusing.