Ghost Hunting

Ghost Hunting

Ghost hunting.


Saturday night is for movies, and popcorns, and late night sleep. But because of a tiny little thing called bad luck, here I am in school stuck with a bunch of classmates for planning, decorating, and late night work. I never thought that building up a booth is this hard, and I didn't know that this is their definition of 'fun overnight'. If it weren't for my friends, I won't be up to this.

"Hey, teach me how to play that too" I looked up from strumming my guitar when Soonyoung came over to where I sat with Joshua. It has been an hour or so when we all decided to call it quits and I ended up with nothing to do. My friends were bundled up in the corner, one of them still cutting papers for the designs, while watching some gross horror movie. Yep, I hate that. And so I was left on my own until Joshua came up to me and we both started playing guitar. It was nice to have him as a friend.
"Eh? Guitar? Sure" I answered, keeping my voice even if I was already screaming inside. It was good that I don't blush so easily or I'd be damned. Soonyoung is a friend of mine. But I like him more than that. We'd been friends, and classmates, since middle school but I still can't kill the butterflies off whenever he talks to me. I still can't get over the fact that of all the girls in this school, I was one of his closest. I can even say that I actually am his closest girlfriend (Girlfriend as in a friend who's a girl not girlfriend as...well... as girlfriend)
"I didn't know you're into instruments, Soonyoungie" Joshua spoke beside me, smiling widely to soonyoung. A smile which everyone can see that there's a secret meaning behind it. I know because that's the way I would smile to my bestfriend whenever I pass some silent secret to her. You could say we do that often.
"Hyung!" Soonyoung blushed and punched Joshua playfully on his arm -wait what? Soonyoung blushed? I looked at him dubiously.
"Why are you so red?" I asked, not really picking up Joshua's silent joke. It must be something big for Soonyoung to be flustered like this. And believe it or not, he went even redder when I asked. Joshua just laughed louder.
"Stop it, already" Soonyoung said and grabbed joshua by the neck, putting his head in between his armpit for a headlock.
"Okay, okay. I'll stop!" Joshua protested and I was left looking so confused. That was annoying. They knew something and they won't tell. It's unfair.
"I'll leave you two alone" Joshua said and gave the guitar he was holding to Soonyoung. I just frowned. What on earth just happened?


Just then I felt fingers massage my forehead and my frown vanished, replaced by surprised, and well, a little blush. Butterflies invading my once again lonely stomach when I realized just how close Soonyoung is.
"Stop frowning. You look ugly" He said and grinned, backing away when I threathened to hit him with the guitar I was holding. I should really stop hanging out with Jihoon, I'm picking up his bad habit.
"Are you going to let me teach you or not?" I asked, pretending to be annoyed, but it's hard. Especially when it's kwon soonyoung who's infront of you grinning like a fool. Frankly, a handsome fool. All I could do was surrender to his charms and try to control my feelings while I teach him play a guitar.


Everything went awful when our annoying classmate, jihan, barge in the room, with her two other friends, while laughing loudly and screaming at the same time. Someone's enjoying their time. She stopped laughing when she saw Soonyoung with me (and maybe because of the disgusted, okay that's bit harsh, well horrible reaction of soonyoung towards her) and she glared at me. I glared back. No way in hell that I'd be intimidated by her. Yep, I hate her. Obviously. She's one of those character in cliche stories which bullies other people and act all y. Only, she doesn't live up to the idea. She's like a hundred percent lower that those standards. And yep, she just joined the overnight because she found out that soonyoung's joining too.
 

"She's really annoying, isn't she? Hey, your eyes to me!" Soonyoung took my attention by snapping once infront of me and by holding my chin to face him. I'm really thankful for not having too much blood. I can spare nothing for a blush.
"Ah... Ah... Yeah. What'd you say again?" I asked, a bit distracted. And he frowned. If he only knew why I got distracted.
"I said stop looking at her and just look at me. I know you don't like her. You'll just be in a bad mood if you keep on glaring at her" He explained but all I can hear was that 'look at me' phrase. Can I assume just this one? Let me have this night. I swear tomorrow I would refrain from imagining him being my boyfriend, or him liking me. We were about to continue on playing guitar when Jihan, that annoying Jihan, speak up. Giving some idea of how to have 'fun'.

"The school's a bit eerie. I heard that there are ghosts around" She said, and I totally didn't miss the sideway smirk she gave me. Crap. Everyone knows how I hate these kind of things. And how afraid I am. She's doing this on purpose.
"What do you say about ghost hunting?" She grinned devishly and I gripped the guitar hard. I heard the excited shouts and agreements from all of my classmates, and I swear, I already want to cry. Even Soonyoung is excited. Oh God, somebody help me!
"Minah, don't worry. This is just a game" my bestfriend said and I glared at her.
"Come on, we won't let anything happen to you" Said one of my friends.
"Oh right, you're scared of ghosts. You could stay if you want" Jihan smugly looked at me and I clenched my fists. I would totally get back at her.
"Hey, it's okay. You can't be seriously afraid, right?" Soonyoung leaned over to me, examining my face closely. And I felt my heart pound in my chest loudly. If it is because of being scared, or because of him, I don't know anymore.
"She is, stupid" Joshua said and hit Soonyoung in the head, making him pout. And it atleast took me out of my misery a little.
"It's okay. I'm here" Soonyoung said, smiling reassurely. And that's all it get to make me come with them.


It was dumb scarier than I had expected. Even soonyoung's constant chatter with Joshua at the back won't distract me. I tried holding on to soonyoung's voice as I gripped my bestfriend's arm hard. But it was just not easy to pretend I'm okay. I'm scared as and that's the truth. From the second floor where we were staying at, we have gone to the fifth floor and my friends are literally dragging me so I would move. I feel like I'm gonna faint any moment now. This is a bad idea. I should've just stayed at the room, atleast there, there's light and music and foods. This... Is total oblivion. I would give anything just to get out of here.

It was then than I felt someone hold my foot that I gave up and started screaming and jumping at the same time. Everyone run because of it, and I started crying as I crouched down to hide my face. I hugged my knees in fear and my eyes tightly shut. I can't run because I'm too scared. And all I can do is wait for them to comeback for me. And then I heard laughter. I swear I was about to die when I realized whose laughter it belongs.

 

Kwon Soonyoung.


I opened my eyes and saw him on the floor laughing his out. And realization hit me that it must've been just him who hold my foot. I was beyond angry. I wiped my tears and kicked him hard before walking away, not clearly seeing anything because of the tears from my eyes.

"Ouch!" I heard him groan but I didn't turn back to look at him. I just walked away. Too mad to even think of those stupid ghosts of this school.
"Hey wait up" He grabbed my arm then faced me to him. He was shocked to see me crying. I didn't wait for him to say anything and took back my arm before walking away from him again.
"Wait... Minah... I... Uhh..." He stopped me from walking by standing right in front of me and I just looked at him with deadpanned eyes. I saw his expression fell. And guilt clearly painted his face.
"I'm sorry. I didn't know you were that scared. Please. I'm sorry" He said and for some reason, I started to breakdown again. It's stupid, I know. Even I, myself, don't know why I am so afraid of those stupid ghosts. It's immature and irrational but I really can't get it out of me. I tried several times to face this stupid fear, but it just won't go away.
"Hush... I'm here. I'm here. I'm sorry. I swear I won't do it again. Please stop crying" Soonyoung kept on repeating those words as he kept on wiping my tears away, and I kept on crying. We stayed like that until I calmed down and that's when I realized it was just the two of us who was there. My fear intensified.
"Hey, hey. I won't let anything happen to you, okay? Trust me. I'm here" He said and I was surprised when he intertwined our hands. But I didn't react. One, because I'm still scared as . And two, because I'm still crazily mad at him for what he did. But I appreciate it. And I actually feel assured. So I hold on tight to his hand.

We walked hand in hand on silence. Me, looking down, afriad to see something, and him constantly squeezing my hand whenever I feel jumpy or whenever I tensed up. I was thankful. Slowly, my anger's residing and being replaced by butterflies. This would've been beautiful if we're walking on a park rather than on an almost empty corridor. We were already on the third floor, when I heard a loud crash and I immediately went on a croaching position. Putting both of my hands on my ears and pressing my eyes shut. Tears starting to fall down again. Soonyoung kept on saying things. Explaining that the loud crash was from the room we're staying at one floor down. But I won't listen. My heart beating three times normal, and my breathing coming out hard. I'm too afraid to register even soonyoung's voice and his comforting touch. I just want to disappear.

That was when I felt him pulled me closer to him and I felt something warm press on my lips. His lips.

 

Kwon soonyoung kissed me.

 

Everything just seemed to stop. And I can't think anymore except that his lips is touching mine. My heart, already on triple speed, accelerated once again. This time, I definitely know that it's not because I'm scared. He pressed his lips harder ro mine, desperate for a response. And so I did. And I felt his grips on my shoulder loosen and I felt him sigh on my lips after we parted. I was still not opening my eyes.

"Hey... Please open your eyes now. You're scaring me big time. Please" I can hear the concern in his voice, but I still won't open my eyes. If I had one reason earlier for keeping them shut, now I have two.
"Minah, please... I'm getting worried here. Atleast tell me you're okay now" He pleaded, I just nodded and I felt him pull me to him.
"Thank God." I heard him say and I heard his heart beating loudly on his chest. We stayed like that for awhile, I don't know if he was comforting me or himself, but I contentedly snuggled on his chest. I was too tired to move anymore.
"Hey, let's go back" He whispered. I just mumbled something as an answer. I don't have any energy left.
"Hey, you still haven't open your eyes" He whispered again, but I still didn't open my eyes. I heard him sighed and then later on, I just felt him carrying me. I just hold on to him.
"I'm sorry" Was the last thing I heard from him before finally passing out.


It wasn't long before I woke up from a nightmare. The room was airconditioned but I was sweating. My heart on speed again and I gripped my chest hard as if that would stop it. I looked around and saw everyone asleep, I must've been too tired that I didn't even realized what time I went to sleep. After calming down a little, I went back on lying down and covered myself with blanket.

But I can't sleep anymore.

So I just checked my phone and was surprised to find my inbox full of Soonyoung's text.


'Sleep well... I'm really sorry for tonight'

 

'I mean... I'm sorry for scaring you. Not because of kissing you'

 

'No that was stupid. I'm sorry for kissing you. I panicked earlier, I didn't know what to do. So I just went on instinct'

 

'Not that my instinct says to kiss you but, really, I'm sorry. I don't know how to calm you down'

 

'. I'm blabbing ain't I? Why am I even messaging you? Sleep well. I'll wait until you open your eyes'

 

'PLEASE DELETE EVERYTHING I JUST SENT YOU. PLEASE DON'T READ THEM'


I can't help but smile because of his texts, fear forgotten. All I could feel is how heated my face right now. I remembered the kiss, and I wanted to melt. It must've been horrible. I was crying for pete's sake! Argh! That Im Jihan! I swear I'm gonna kill her for even suggesting ghost hunting!

I was so wrapped up with my thoughts when I felt arms wrapped around my waist. I stiffened.
"It's me" I heard soonyoung's voice over the blanket. I felt my heart again. What on earth is soonyoung doing? I know we're close to do skinship and such but he never hugged me like this before.
"Why are you awake? It's 3 am" I asked in hushed tone. Thankful that I was under the blanket so he wouldn't see how red I am right now.
"I told you, right? I'll wait until you open your eyes" He said and that was when I pulled down the blanket and turned to look at him. He was looking straight at me.
"I saw you reading the texts. How are you?" He said when he saw confusion on my face, then asked after, still not removing his arms around my waist. He only tightens them.
"Fine, I guess" I answered and tensed up when he moved closer, our face inches away from each other.
"I'm sorry." He said and I can see the guilt from his eyes.
"You already said sorry for a million times" I whispered back at him, still staring straight at his eyes.
"No. I'm sorry because I kissed you first before asking you as my girlfriend" He said and I looked at him confused. Did he just... What? Wait, did I heard it right? Wait is this even reality or am I still dreaming? I stared at him and I saw him smile before he carressed my cheeks.
"I like you. I love you. It has been that way ever since forever. And I just... You know... Panicked earlier that I kissed you first before saying it. I really am sorry" I continued on staring at him. My ears not believing what they just heard. He likes me. KWON SOONYOUNG IS IN LOVE WITH ME! Am I really dreaming? If I am please don't wake me up anymore.
"Hey, please say something. Joshua hyung kept on telling me to tell you already. That you like me too... But if you don't an-" I stopped him from blabbing by kissing him. There's already just a small space between us, what difference it makes to take it away? I meant the kiss as a peck but Soonyoung didn't let me go and deepened the kiss. Holding me tight and close to him.
"Yes... Yes, you do like me too" He grinned when we parted and I laughed. He was about to lean in again when somebody hit him with a pillow. Both of us were shocked.
"Yes, we all know you like each other so please stop making out and let us sleep? The bathroom's empty, you could go there" Jihoon said and my face flushed. Soonyoung just grinned at our grumpy friend.
"Nice. It was not a guitar" Was all Soonyoung said and Jihoon can't do anything anymore but to go away. I could already see soonyoung's grave in the morning.
"You better hide before he wakes up, you know" I whispered but his only answer was a tight hug. He pulled me close to his chest and I felt him kiss my head.
"It doesn't matter. As long as I can kiss you, I'd take a million hit from him" he said and before I knew it, I was already thanking jihan in my head for coming up with ghost hunting. I'm even excited to see her reaction when I thank her in the morning. It would be fun to watch.

 

 

A/N: Honestly, I'm just giving this one a shot before I delete it. It didn't turn out the way I wanted to and I'm actually disappointed. But nevertheless, a chance is a chance. So... yeah. Thankyou for reading!