My Life Got Flipped-Turned Upside Down

Oh My Teacher!

---

Sunggyu didn’t want to admit that the only reason he got the European history teaching position at the Seoul Boys Academy was because of the school board’s desperation to find a last minute replacement for a third year homeroom class after the last teacher bailed on the first day. If he didn’t admit it, he wouldn’t have a chance to be scared less of whatever reason why the teacher bailed in the first place.

 

Not wanting to find himself in the same position, he made sure to do some necessary (what he deemed necessary) research for the position. The last couple of nights he stayed up watching marathons of Japanese high school related dramas; ‘Gachibaka!’ in case his class was full of delinquent underachievers, ‘Homeroom on the Beachside’ in case his class was full of bat- insane overachievers. He even watched a few episodes of ‘LIFE’, you know, in case there were a couple bullies or suicidal maniacs. He was definitely prepared for whatever was thrown at him, he decided, and he was able to enter the school on his first day full of confidence.

 

It was rather a shock when he entered the classroom and found that all of his preparation was unnecessary. They all seemed like they were… Normal. Groups of boys were scattered about the room, some were chatting animatedly to each other while others played cards. Sunggyu stood at the chalkboard in front of the classroom, he wrote something quickly and then turned to his class, clearing his throat.

 

“I’m…Uh, Kim Sunggyu.” He greets, the students had all wandered back to a seat. “As of today, I’ll be your homeroom teacher…. Until you guys manage to drive me out like you did the last one.”

 

“Our last teacher’s wife had her baby. So we didn’t-” A boy in the front row says, a snooty tone dripping from his voice.

 

“And your name?” Sunggyu asks the boy in the front row.

 

“I’m Lee Sungjong…” The boy answers uncertainly, wondering if that’s how he should respond.

 

“Well Lee Sungjong, I’m going to offer you some advice.” The boy blinks, tilting his head cutely. Sunggyu could give the kid cuteness that was a fact.

 

“What’s that?”

 

“Shut it.” Sungjong’s eyes widen but he closes his mouth nonetheless. Sunggyu clears his throat before he starts to speak again, “Well… I’ve only just graduated university so I don’t have any teaching experience. But, I’ll be willing to help if any of you have any questions. So… Any questions?”

 

“Are you married?” Sungjong waves his hand in the air. “Cause you look like you shouldn’t be married.” Sunggyu’s eyebrows crease in confusion at the question. That wasn’t exactly the type of questions he was talking about.

 

“Sungjong, you idiot, how does someone look like they shouldn’t be married?” A student laughs; Sunggyu looks at the seating chart to name the student.

 

“Lee Chanhee?” He questions.

 

“No, I‘m Nam Woohyun. Looking at the seating plan won’t work.” The boy next to Nam Woohyun blankly stares out of the window, ignoring what was going on around him.

 

“It will if you get into your proper seats. So, if you’re not in the right place, please move so that you are.” Majority of the boys shot up immediately to go back to their seats, some stayed (Sunggyu assumes they were in their original seats) but the boy who claims to be Nam Woohyun who is obviously in Lee Chanhee’s seat did not move (the boy next to him also did not move, he only looked as disinterested as he did before). Woohyun leans back in his chair and folds his arms. Once all the commotion had settled, Sunggyu walks over to Woohyun.

 

“I’m supposing you’re not moving back to your own seat?” Sunggyu sighs and Woohyun merely smirks at him. Sunggyu shakes his head at the boy.

 

“I had both high and low expectations for you all. But, apparently you are all either irritating brats or whiny babies.” He glances at Sungjong, who is examining his Hello Kitty pencil case, and then at Woohyun who gives him a suggestive smile.

 

“Hmm, you’re pretty sassy, teach. I like that.” Woohyun purrs, leaning forward in his seat and eyes up and down Sunggyu’s body. This makes the teacher extremely uncomfortable and shifts nervously.

 

 “Nam Woohyun, you can’t speak to teachers like that. And you need to move.” Woohyun didn’t seem to take any of Sunggyu’s words to heart and he still did not move. A few minutes passed and Sunggyu huffs in irritation, Woohyun wasn’t listening to him at all. Sunggyu opens his mouth, about to threaten the student with a trip to the principal’s office but Woohyun cuts him off.

 

“Okay, I’ll move, teach. But I’ll only move if you sit on my lap and give me a kiss.” Woohyun says and the class gasps. Sunggyu’s mouth falls slack in shock, losing the capability to say anything.

 

“Or I could come over there and press you down onto your desk.” Woohyun purrs as he shifts out of his desk to his feet. He gets a couple steps towards Sunggyu before the teacher regains the ability to speak and puts his hands up, shouting “STOP!” Sunggyu backs away slightly; his eyes wide and blush across his face, having no idea how to handle the situation. The class watches the scene with bated interest.

 

“Don’t worry, I’ll be gentle.” Woohyun smirks, creeping closer to Sunggyu who in turn backs away until he hits the edge of his desk. Sunggyu keeps throwing punishments and orders for Woohyun to return to his seat but nothing deterred the boy. The student finally stands inches away from Sunggyu, only separated by the length of the teacher’s arms. Woohyun reaches out an arm slowly and grabs a pencil from Sunggyu’s desk, giving the older one a smile.

 

“Just kidding~ I need to borrow this.” Woohyun twirls the pencil between his fingers before making his way back to Lee Chanhee’s seat (Sunggyu decides to just give up with that and change the seating chart). Sunggyu stares wide-eyed after the boy. He was beginning to think that no amount of Japanese High School dramas would have prepared him for Nam Woohyun.

 

“Whoa, that was better than most I’ve seen!” Sungjong exclaims; he was leaned forward in his chair with a look of rapt fascination on his face.

“Yeah right, like Mr. Prissy watches .” A boy in the middle of the class says and Sungjong squawks in protest. Sunggyu gives up with taming this class. He flops down in his chair, setting the seating chart in front of him and thinks that these kids are going to be the end of him.

 

“Excuse you, Dongwoo. But I am very experienced in the department. Thank you very much.” Sungjong says and Sunggyu sputters in embarrassment.

 

“That is no one’s business, Sungjong! No talk.” Sunggyu says, avoiding the way Woohyun smirks at him a tongue running across his bottom lip.

 

“Aw, someone’s just bitter because he’s never been laid.” A boy who sat in the corner next to Sungjong named Lee Sungyeol said, teasingly.

 

“I can help with that problem.” Woohyun puts in and Sunggyu ignores him completely.

 

Anyway, are there any more questions?” Sunggyu asks; deep down inside he regrets bringing it back up.

 

 “Can we try and figure out a reason why Sungjong is so self-centered?” A boy named Howon says and Sungjong shoots him a dirty look which the other returns with a sneer.

 

“That’s obvious isn’t it? It’s because of his family.” Sunggyu was having a hard time trying to put names with faces, since he had to keep referring to the sheet of paper in his hands.

 

“No, no~” Howon laughs, “It takes much more than a rich family to do this to someone’s ego.”

 

“I think it’s because I’m y,” Sungjong says and everyone laughs in response. Sungjong shoots them all a withering glare. Sungyeol pats his shoulder.

 

“But you are really cute, though. So, it‘s not like you having a big ego is wrong… I think.” Sungyeol tilts his head, rethinking what exactly he just said.

 

“Why thank you~!” Sungjong gushes, taking out a Disney Princess mirror and staring into it. Sunggyu deadpans, foreseeing what exactly his life was going to be like now that he had this class to deal with.

 

“You guys… are going to give me gray hair before the end of this year, aren’t you?” Sunggyu came to this conclusion with a groan.

 

“Yeah, and then that way your hair will match your wrinkles.” Sungjong says in a sweet, sardonic voice that had Sunggyu wanting to slap that cute little smirk right off his face. “How old are you again, teacher?” Sungyeol asks in mock innocence.

 

“I’m fresh out of university, so why don’t you come to a conclusion on your own?”

 

“He’s 23.” Someone pipes up and everyone turns at stares at the boy seated next to Woohyun. If the seating chart was correct, his name was Kim Myungsoo (who still looked as blank as he had when Sunggyu first entered the classroom).

 

“How…did you know that?” Dongwoo asks; a look of pure astonishment on his face. “I knew it, you’re a mind reader! That’s why you’re so smart!”

 

“Ahh, Myungsoo, I knew I made a good choice when I declared you as my fourth best friend!” Sungjong announces happily. “Can you tell what I’m thinking about?”

 

“Girl groups?” Howon questions and Sungjong’s eyes widen.

 

“You’re a mind reader too!?”

 

“No, you idiot. You’re always thinking about girl groups, right?”

 

“Yeah, that’s true.” Sungjong giggled. “You’re right.”

 

Myungsoo clears his throat and everyone looked at him, “Uhh, for the record.” He points out awkwardly. “Sunggyu-seongsangnim wrote his birth date on the blackboard before class started.”

 

“So you’re… Not a mind reader?” Sunggyu stares at them for a minute before pinching the bridge of his nose. A single thought came to his mind, ‘…I’m screwed.’ Thankfully the bell that ended the class rang and Sunggyu was free from these… Sunggyu couldn’t think of a word to describe them for the rest of the day. The boys started to gather their things quickly, chattering amongst each other, and slowly filed out of the classroom until it was empty aside from Sunggyu… And Nam Woohyun.

 

Sunggyu looked away from the boy and then back to see if his mind was playing tricks on him. Unfortunately for Sunggyu, it wasn’t the case. Woohyun still sat in Lee Chanhee’s seat with a smirk on his face, his eyes not leaving Sunggyu at all. Sunggyu decided to ignore the younger male in hopes that he would just leave and preoccupied himself with the week’s lesson plan. Sunggyu jumped when a bag slammed down on his desk, he looked up to see Nam Woohyun looming over him.

 

“Aren’t you late for your next class?” Sunggyu asks, shifting his eyes away from his student. He would never admit it out loud but Nam Woohyun was actually really, really attractive. He had lightly tanned skin, dark piercing eyes and a sharp jawline. If they weren’t teacher and student… Well, Sunggyu’s wouldn’t mind the advances so much.

 

“You know, teach, I have to say that you’ve piqued my interest. I like you.” Woohyun says, disregarding Sunggyu’s question about his tardiness to his next class. Sunggyu sighs, about to start into a speech about how what Woohyun was talking about was entirely against school policy and that it would never happen but what the younger one said next left Sunggyu at a loss for words once again.

 

“I’m going to have you by winter break, Kim Sunggyu. And you’re going to beg me for it.” With that Nam Woohyun swiftly leans forward and presses his lips to Sunggyu’s and is then out of the in a matter of minutes. Sunggyu sat in the now empty classroom, his face flushed and stared with wide eyes on the spot that Woohyun had stood; wondering what ever did in a past life to deserve this class.  

---

A/N 07/30/15 So I am editing chapters so if that's why your update keeps notifying you then that's it. Sorryy~

And also...

He's going to kill me. ;A;