Chapter1: Fall from grace

How Bomi and I survived the apocalypse

 

I’ve been working for A cube for a about half a year now. I still feel lucky getting this job as I haven’t been in Korea for more than a few years, and I’ve been a fan of apink longer than that. I work mostly around events with Apink, mostly as security but I end up helping out with other things at well. I have talked to the girls a few times, and they really are as nice as they seem.

 

Apink was playing in a large arena in the outskirts of Seoul. It’s rather late and already dark outside. Everything seemed normal and the arena was well-filled. Suddenly, during the song "petal" we heard an extremely loud blast from the right of the stage, at the same time i felt the entire building shake violently and the right wall caved in onto the crowd. My ears were ringing from the noise. The roof folded in almost like cardboard. The collapsing roof fell in the middle of apink, the roof now separating Bomi from the rest of the group. The roof had made a giant seemingly impassible heap of rubble where naeun was standing just a second ago. The crowd started panicking almost instantly, girls screaming, people shoving each other to the ground running away. Others where trying to pull their crushed friends out from under the roof and walls. As Bomi and the other girls fell down during the shaking, you could hear their yells as the speaker system cut out. Bomi now stood up, looking more shocked than scared, staring at the collapsed roof separating her from her friends. More pieces of the roof were constantly falling down crushing people.

 

I realized she'd really be in trouble if I didn't help her. We need to get away from the collapsing roof, quick. I sprinted over to her, jumping over some rubble. Just as i got over to her the lights cut completely out as there was another loud bang. Bomi grabbed me tightly as we both stumbled. There was some light coming through the holes in the roof but the area we were in was almost pitch black. I quickly got my flashlight out.       

-”We have to go, now!” I yelled at Bomi.

Bomi just stared at me but she took my hand and we ran towards the backstage exit. Bomi couldn't go very fast though.

-”Oppa wait!” She cried out and we stopped. She was still wearing her beautiful, albeit ruffled, stage dress and high heeled shoes. She took her shoes off and we continued. As we got behind the stage the deafening screams got lower in volume. We rushed through the mostly intact corridors, until we got to a collapsed part with a dead man, half of his body crushed and terrible disfigured.. As soon as I see him I guide my flashlight away.

-“What was that?” Bomi asks. I panic for a moment.

-”Nothing, just rubble. Let’s go.” I quickly let out, hoping she didn’t see enough to realize what it was. We found a small hole in the wall we could crawl through, and we ended up in one of the major corridors.

 

 

-”Oh my god I hope the others make it out… If they did they should be here soon... Rong?! Eunji?!” Bomi whispers and then shouts. I can't come up with any words to comfort her now, we have to get out before we are burried alive. We follow the corridor to their lounge room and peek inside, but no one was there. A few seconds later the corridor leading towards the other side of the stage collapses like a soda can being stepped on. Bomi quickly grabbed my hand and ran in front of me, she apparently remembered how to find an exit from here.

 

We got out into exit corridor where we could feel the fresh air, but also a smell of smoke. A few meters in the corridor was filled with shattered glass from the windows, glimmering like crystals in the low light. I looked at Bomi. She looked very scared and shocked but still as cute as ever as she stared up at me with tears in her big eyes. I could see that she had scraped her knees and she was standing uncomfortably on her feet.

-Get on my back; I said leaning forwards. She jumped up on my back and I grabbed her thighs, pulled her up on my back, and carried her over the glass. As we hurried through the corridor another piece of the roof collapsing could be heard behind us and I could feel Bomi hold my neck tighter. The door to the outside was crooked and halfway open, I kicked it open and we finally go outside.