prologue

Constant Conversations

If her friends in Toronto asked her about the school she attended in Seoul, Seungwan would only state two things: it had 16 hours school day and they freaking had school on two Saturdays in a month. She wasn’t really sure why did she agree to resume her studies in Seoul; her life in Toronto was going relatively well, but when her parents offered her this opportunity, Seungwan said yes without a second thought. Her classmates were fine. A few of them had been her best friends for two years, and she got along pretty much with everyone in class – except one.

He always picked the window seats. Sometimes at the front, sometimes at the back.

Nam Taehyun had been her classmate for two consecutive years, starting from eleventh grade. His life basically revolved around music. The boy and his band had been performing music at their school festival since tenth grade. She befriended their vocalist, Kang Seungyoon, and often got invited to their gigs. But strangely, her relationship with Taehyun did not go any further than just acquaintance – until that faithful Friday.

When her cousin’s car decided to be a and died that evening, Seungwan took the bus home and found out that Nam Taehyun also lived in the same neighborhood as hers. He was sitting in the middle section, eyes wandering through the window with a pair of earphones stuffed in his ears. There was an empty seat right beside him, but she decided to sit at the back, searching for tranquil. It had been a quite tiring day with the preparation of school festival reached its peak; all Seungwan wanted to do was to go home and sleep.

The trip to her neighborhood was quite short, thank God. She saw Taehyun walking down the aisle as he fumbled with the pocket of his pants, stuffing his earphones. He never noticed me, Seungwan thought. He doesn’t have to, though. As she made her way out, she noticed a white Walkman lying on the seat where Taehyun was sitting before. She picked it up, looking out the window but the boy was nowhere in sight.

“I think you should take it,” the bus driver said. “Taehyun-ie would really appreciate it if you save his Walkman for him.”

Letting a soft ‘yes’, Seungwan got out of the bus with the white Walkman in her hand. 

 


 

A/N: I haven't told you this, but I will only post each chapter every week because uni just started. Time is a luxury when you're a uni student, hope you understand :"