I Feel That

A Tale of Six Trillion Years and a Night

They sway back and forth, enjoying each other’s warmth. But it seems like there’s something on Sunggyu’s mind since he’s not smiling like he did a minute ago. The bright expression on his face is replaced with a confused and almost miserable one. Woohyun stops to look into his eyes, cupping his jaw to make him look directly at him.

He asks him what’s wrong, but Sunggyu stubbornly shakes his head with a light pout, saying it is nothing much. Woohyun pushes though, because he knows Sunggyu isn’t the type to keep things on his mind and he’ll eventually open up sooner or later.

“I said it’s nothing.”

“I don’t believe you.”

“I’m fine, really!”

“Then what’s with that look?”

Sunggyu immediately turns his expression to a pouty one, trying to make Woohyun stop. Woohyun coos at Sunggyu’s adorableness and embraces him again. He sighs silently because Woohyun drops the subject.

--

Woohyun doesn’t know where Sunggyu ran off to, because it’s just been over 5 hours since Sunggyu came back and now he’s gone again. He looks around the house, in the bathroom, the bedroom, the garden, but no sign of him. He huffs as he stalks back into the living room. He wonders where Sunggyu could be until he hears footsteps approaching the front door. It opens to reveal Sunggyu with the same face that was bugging him earlier that day.

Woohyun asks where did he go, but Sunggyu doesn’t reply and instead walks silently towards Woohyun. He is a bit startled when Sunggyu suddenly starts rambling on and on and he can’t even understand half of what he’s saying because he’s speaking too fast. But Sunggyu’s voice is breaking so he knows it’s not something good. Woohyun cups his cheeks and pecks him softly on the lips that makes him quiet.

“Now, slow down will you?” Woohyun chastises playfully. But Sunggyu doesn’t look like he’s playing.

“Woohyun…do you know how I came back?”

“Um, actually I was asking you that throughout the whole day and you just shrug it off. Anyway, no I don’t, why?”

“Because…” Sunggyu bites his lip.

“You need to make a decision.”

“A decision?” Woohyun looks at him, confused.

“Woohyun…you…you are dead.”

Woohyun’s eyes widen and his jaw goes slack. His blood suddenly runs cold from what he just heard. He’s dead? How?

“H-how--?”

“Y-you killed yourself last night, don’t you remember?”

Woohyun does remember himself holding a knife by his chest, getting ready to stab himself but he remembers Howon (or was it Sungjong? It could’ve been Myungsoo or Sungyeol too) barging in to his apartment and stopping him mid-act. Great timing, he thought, even though it seemed planned because that sort of thing just doesn’t happen in real life and only in movies.

“B-but…someone stopped me, right?”

“No, no one did. Your mind made that scenario up. You were able to stab yourself right in the heart and knock yourself out instantly. Your mortal body is in the hospital right now, and you-“ Sunggyu points at Woohyun “-are a soul. Just like how I am a soul of what was once someone.” Sunggyu’s surprised he doesn’t stutter the whole explanation.

It takes Woohyun a full 5 minutes of digesting the information and when it does finally process into his mind, there’s another question lingering.

“What decision must I make?”

“You have to decide, to fully cast your mortality aside and live as a wandering soul on the face of the Earth, unknown to everyone or you can choose to push through the pain and continue living your life as a human and live amongst your loved ones.”

Making this decision must’ve been easy once upon a time, but now he’s having second thoughts. He had promised Dongwoo to help him get into a college since he had dropped out during his high school years. He also promised his mom that he’ll live a life of happiness and never leave her side. And even if they didn’t know it, the whole group wanted to throw a party to liven up Woohyun’s life.

But then…there’s Sunggyu.

“Woohyun…” Sunggyu calls him because the face Woohyun’s making is worrying him.

“W-woohyun…you know…you d-don’t have to give up being a human just for me—“

Sunggyu’s then cut off by Woohyun suddenly engulfing him in a bone-crushing hug. He can barely breathe until Woohyun lets him go.

“I can still watch over them, right?”

“Y-yeah, y-you can.” Sunggyu’s voice is a bit breathless.

“Then I won’t mind staying like this, and you won’t leave me again right?”

Woohyun thinks that waiting for Sunggyu for all that time was worth it when he sees that beautiful smile again.


I hope all your questions are answered! plz imagine I posted this on the day I posted the first part