Final

A Winter Frolic

 

A Winter Frolic 

Imagine your OTP having a leaf/snowball fight, one of them tackling the other and causing them both to land in a pile of leaves/snow.

~세훈 카이~

This is considerably better Sehun thinks.

Until a gust of cold air hits him and he sinks a bit into the piles of snow stretched out before him, taking a few cautious steps, even as he is weighed down by the countless by the countless layers of clothes he had thrown in, both out of necessity and caution. Whilst heavy, they were thankfully warm and snug, even if they make him feel like an awkward penguin.

A description Jongin not only agrees with but has the audacity to speak.

.

He couldn’t just say Sehun looked adorable?

Nope.

Not that .

Sehun sorta hates him a little.

Especially since Jongin seems to be fairing with the cold much better than Sehun is. His cheeks flushed beautifully and skin radiant in the weak sunlight that bathes the winter wonderland they find themselves in.

Then again, maybe it’s because he thinks he is way too cool to wear the right protective gear like Sehun had done.

Idiot.

The blizzard had raged during the night continuously, Sehun listening to the sounds of the wind that carried the once pretty little creations, turning instead into a frightening nightmare by the time the midnight reached and there seemed to be no change.

Sehun just availed himself to the warm cocoon of his boyfriend’s always warm body, busying himself in Jongin’s arms in that cuddle that they finally managed to do, letting the world outside carry on without them, safe or at least induced to believe such, by the warmth of Jongin’s arms.

Together they shared deep meaningful secrets and sweet words and in Jongin’s case, terrible jokes, along with dear childhood memories, before sleep finally claimed them both.  

Sehun woke up sometime in the midmorning to a weak beam of sunlight sneaking into the cabin and the sky outsides calm and nearly eerily still.

The blizzard had passed and left in its wake an apparent canopy of the most gorgeous white heaven Sehun had ever had the opportunity to see, better than his imagination. The area around the cabin surrounded by heaps and heaps of beautiful white snow, like a picture from a dream honestly.

He stood at the window just gapping at the beauty created after he finally managed to free himself from Jongin’s limbs, his boyfriend choosing to snuggle into his covers rather than bother with the wonderland they had outside their door.

Sehun understood why when he tried to open the door, the snow piled at least two feet high, some coming to greet him inside the cabin itself, Sehun quick to shut the door. Thereafter he quickly returned to the safety of his bed and his boyfriend, warming himself in the heated comforter and the inviting limbs of his extra lazy boyfriend, who just chuckled when Sehun shivered a little from the immediate over exposure.

Jongin cuddling him some more to help warm him up.

Sehun however wanted a bit more.

The cuddles were nice, but it really would have been a shame to waste such a beautiful thing in Sehun’s opinion, especially since they were stuck in the cabin as it were. He got some updates eventually, the roads obviously still unusable and it would be a day at least it was all cleared away.

They were still stuck there with each other.

Which is not really a bad thing of course, the lazy kisses that Jongin pressed against his throat and shoulder serving as a glaring reminder of that. Sehun however, whilst rather lazy admittedly, just couldn’t lay there petting Jongin all day, the snow outside much too pretty to ignore.

So it was just after midday that he managed to drag Jongin out of bed, promising him and food, because, what else would be better motivators? They worked like a charm of course, Jongin collecting on the part immediately, ever the concupcient bastard, only cheekily reminding Sehun of his very apt confessions the night before when Sehun pointed out that very glaring personality trait. Jongin did say he could spend every minute ing Sehun after all.

Sehun didn’t especially mind of course, but always Jongin is never satisfied until he entirely wrecks Sehun, who required at least another hour to get recover from Jongin’s expert touch, much to Jongin’s satisfaction, happily tucking in Sehun against his heated body as he tried to recover from his very spent state.  

Eventually he managed to get them out of bed and dressed and fed, if you can count eating pringles straight from the can as a meal, but it worked for them and that is all that mattered.

Thereafter he had convinced Jongin to join him with battling the snow at their doorway for them to go spend some time outside in the snow. Thankfully Sehun is great with puppy dog eyes and even better with his mouth and eventually Jongin was agreeing and there they were.

Sehun likes it.

Except for the fact that he is pretty sure he is waddling. Which is not very attractive.

Why does Jongin get to be attractive though?

With his red cheeks and boyish smiles and toned body and apparently strong immune system that he insists is resilient enough that he does not need to be  freaking burrito to go outside in the below freezing temperature and endless snow. Sehun is unhappy when he takes another step and sort of sinks into the snow.

This .

He paddles about a little in utter shame until he wishes the ground to just swallow him when Jongin comes by with a happy tune on his lips and a grin the size of Russia spread across his lips.

Sehun groans.

“Need some help cupcake?” Jongin asks conversationally, grin peaking and eyes sparkling in mischief.

“Cupcake?” Sehun repeats in disbelief.

What the is wrong with this ?

 Where does he even come up with these names?

Sehun knew it was a bad idea to let him hang out with Jongdae so much. That shall be rectified soon, or well, after he gets out of this little pit he finds himself in.

“Well…I figured Burrito might be a little insensitive and you do sorta look like a cupcake….with the frosting hair” Jongin diligently explains with an adorable expression and a hand reaching outwards to touch Sehun’s currently baby pink hair.

 Sehun is instantly enraged.

Did he have to mention the burrito thing? …grrrrrrr

 “Just shut the up and get me out of this…whatever!” Sehun demands, because it is Sehun’s right to demand his idiot boyfriend be useful instead of flashing his teeth at him and just enjoying his misery.

“You have to ask nicely first” Jongin says with a thoughtful look, breaking into a cheeky smile, hands on his knees as he leans down to peer at Sehun.

“ you” Sehun spits, childishly folding his hands, glaring at Jongin.

“You’ll have your chance later if you’re nice to me” Jongin response much too kindly, Sehun intensifying his glare.

“Well probably not” Jongin stands upwards, now looking distracted.

“It’ll probably be just you begging me to you harder, my name and–“ Jongin clarifies, oh so helpfully, since it’s a good boyfriend thing to do, before he is interrupted.

By a snowball to the face.

“Shut the up” Sehun hisses as Jongin wipes the snow from his face, cheeks reddening even more from the contact.

Sehun however tenses.

Oh no.

He knows that look.

It never ends well.

Jongin grins even wider and then reaches down and slowly, very deliberately demonstrates his actions, gathering snow into his dark gloved hands, balling it every slowly as Sehun looks on in horror, Jongin never taking his eyes off of Sehun, smile never faltering.

Then he stands up and winks at Sehun.

“Jongin, don’t you ing dare!” Sehun screams nearly.

And then gets a face full of snow as well, splattering painfully as it impacted, Sehun groaning.

“” Sehun condemns as he tries to free himself from the snow hole he found himself, eyes narrowing at Jongin who is all smiles.

Which widen when he bends down to gather more snow.

“No Jongin!” Sehun commands but is ignored when a smaller snowball hits his chest.

“Jongin!” Sehun screeches.

It doesn’t matter though since he is hit with two more to his chest and Jongin is laughing like a ing hyena and Sehun will not stand for such disrespect.

He tries to get out of his created pit but with Jongin lobbing snowballs at him, his primary concern is self-defence, quickly trying to create weapons of massive destruction because he really wanted to destroy his for a boyfriend.

Like seriously! How the is this fair?

He is trapped for now and Jongin can move anywhere he wants. Sehun is a sitting duck, but he is vicious, pelting the balls as hard as he can at Jongin, gleeful when they make loud sounds on impact.

Soon it is a full-fledged war or so Sehun chooses to view the matter at hand, his hands moving at lightening pace even as he struggles to be freed from his snow created cage, sinking more as he struggles but not mindful of that fact as he continues to rain snowballs down on Jongin, who is obviously going easy on him, much to his chagrin.

Jongin is having fun.

The air is punctuated with shrieks and curses, mostly from Sehun and boyish laughter from Jongin, as he at least enjoys the fight, which Sehun doesn’t. Sehun is too busy strategizing to have actual fun and Jongin does take note of this fact.

Which is why he grabs a handful of snow and runs the few steps over to Sehun with a manic look in his eyes, turning gleeful when he manages to catch Sehun off guard and takes his opportunity to strike; rubbing handfuls of snow against Sehun’s flushed exposed cheeks.

“Jongin!” Sehun screeches in a panic, unable to believe that he left himself open to such an attack and did nothing to stop Jongin who is laughing warmly at Sehun’s expression.

“” Sehun hisses in anger just before he retaliates.

He reaches forward and just blindly grabs at Jongin’s arms, which turn out to be a mistake since he is still stuck in the snow dune of sorts, and Jongin doesn’t react in time, which basically mean they both go tumbling in the snow, Sehun sinking even deeper and falling comically onto his back with Jongin basically on top of him, legs in a dumb angle and all he can see around him is snow from the outline of his body.

Bloody perfect.

Jongin seems to agree, laughing loudly, like a crazed puppy and Sehun scowls or at least he tries to but by then he does see the humour in the situation, so laughs softly along with Jongin who makes no move to get out of the mess they created. Instead he lounges on Sehun’s form quite happily, laughing like a child and Sehun’s chest tightens in something he can’t describe.

It’s warm and filling and he likes it.

He likes it even more when Jongin captures is lips in a sweet kiss that sends heat throughout his entire body, sighing into the kiss.

Then Jongin has to be an and rub snow against his cheeks again.

Jongin grins as Sehun curses at him, Sehun going on a tirade that only comes to and end when Jongin swallows the words with his lips and a few useless kicks aimed at him later, Jongin happily gives Sehun an eskimo kiss.

He thinks it’s fitting.

Sehun sighs.

Jongin is not just an . He is a cheesy precious .

Sehun definitely hates him.

“If I get a cold after this I am gonna to slit your throat” Sehun promises and Jongin just presses a wet kiss to the red tip of Sehun’s nose, Sehun once more sighing, in what experts might have mistaken for contentment.

Sehun will go swearing to his grave that it was exasperation.

The best cure for which is to grab the back of his boyfriend’s head and pull him down for some compensatory kisses, or so Sehun choosing to address that matter.

Funnily enough, it is Jongin that spends the night under a mass pile of blankets, drinking hot tea and shivering comically, the air punctuated with sneezes and classic Jongin whining.

Seems he caught a cold.

Sehun keeps him company, all the way on the other side of the room, because--

“I might love you, but that doesn’t mean I want your germs”

Jongin wants to flip him off but his hands are too heavy to move and his head is definitely woozy and well, he rather just sleep but he can’t, not without Sehun, who is happily flipping through his magazine ignoring Jongin whilst he dies a slow painful death ( in his opinion anyway).

And he says Jongin is the .

Pfffffff

Or rather

“ACHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO”

“Sehunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnie”

“…..”

“It’s karma.”

“Stop whining you big baby”.

Sehun rolls his eyes and Jongin continues to whine.

All is well.

~세훈 카이~