Final

Don't Wake Me Up

"Let's break up." Jimin said in a very low voice, looking down to avoid eyes contact with Jungkook.

"What hyung, what are you saying." Jungkook shakes Jimin's tiny body as tears start to fill his sad eyes.

"I'm really sorry, Jungkook. I can't do this anymore. I have to go and start a new life." Jimin pushes Jungkook's hands that holding his shoulders slowly and he's still avoiding Jungkook's eyes.

"You're lying hyung. You promised me that you won't leave me. You promised me that you'll stay here forever with me!" Jungkook's voice rises, he shakes his head in disbelief.

Jimin sighs as he turns his body around, he whispers slowly but clear enough for Jungkook to hear "Jungkook let's find our own way, thank you and sorry for everything." Jungkook watches as Jimin walks away.

He yells, "Jimin hyung! Don't leave me!" but Jimin doesn't even look at him.

On the other side, Jimin quietly wipes his tears as he walks away. "Jungkook, I'm sorry. I have to do this."

 

Two months have gone,

 

That night, Jimin leans against the cold wall of his house while staring at the sky. "Those stars. I remember if both of us were lying down under the night sky, kookie would say- Ah kookie is not with me anymore." Jimin smiles bitterly as he rubs his nape.

His mind wandering and his heart wondering how's Jungkook is doing right now. Is he alright, did he takes his meals well, did he sleep well every night. Jimin just realizes he never meet Jungkook after the day they broke up. Jimin decided to go over Jungkook's place tomorrow then he gets into his house to sleep.

The next morning, Jimin woke up early and he wears kind of differently than his usual. He wears a plain white t-shirt and a leather jacket with a pair of jeans. In addition, he wears a snapback so it'll be hard for Jungkook to recognize him.

He walks to Jungkook's house and when he's near to his house, he glares at his door and then he looks at his watch. "Usually kookie will go to school around this time. Ah remember when we used to go to school together. But I'm a graduated guy now." Jimin laughs as he remember the good memories they had back then. He waits at somewhere near his house so he won't get notice by anyone.

A minute passed. Still nothing happened. Jimin's scratches his head as he thought, 'Did Jungkook and his family move from this house. It's just a month tho. His parents won't move that fast from their house right now.' And then he heard Jungkook house's door opened. He watches Jungkook's mom walking out from the house to her car and besides her is Jungkook.

"What happened to him. Oh my god. Kookie." Jungkook didn't walk like a normal person. He walks like he's handicapped, he was supported by his mom. Jimin wants to run to Jungkook and hold him tightly in his embrace but he can't. He can't do that. Tears start to fall down on Jimin's cheeks and he wipes it off. He watches as Jungkook gets into the car and his mom bring him away.

Jimin walks back to his home. He gets into his bedroom and lays on the bed. "What happened to Kookie. I want to know. But-" He takes out his phone and scrolls his chat with one of his friends. All he see is Jungkook's pictures together with Taehyung. "But I can't. He loves Taehyung more than me. Yeah." He looks at one of the pictures where Jungkook kissed Taehyung's cheek and when they smiled oh so brightly whenever they're together. He can't stop his tears from falling down and he deletes all of those Jungkook and Taehyung pictures. "I don't care. I still want to know what happened to Kookie." He nods firmly and he starts to think of a plan.

Next week in the same day,

That morning, Jimin rushes out from his home. "Park Jimin, where are you going this early? It's Friday." Jimin's mom yells.

"I have something to settle up, eomma. I'll come back before night." Jimin runs toward the taxi that he called before and asks the taxi driver to go in front of Jungkook's house.

"Sir, can you follow that car? I want to go to the same destination as them." Jimin tells the taxi driver as he saw Jungkook's mom start to drive away. The taxi driver just nods and the destination that they go is the hospital.

Jimin pays the taxi driver and walks into the hospital. He follows wherever Jungkook and his mom go. 'I'm like a stalker.' He thought to himself. "Jeon Jungkook." Jungkook's name is called by a nurse. Jungkook's mom slowly grabs Jungkook by his shoulder and guides him into the doctor's room. Jimin watches them for afar and he sighs. He wish that he is invisible so he could enter the room and listen to what the doctor said.

After fifteen minutes in the doctor's room, Jimin saw they walk out slowly and go to the pharmacy to take Jungkook's medicines. Jimin follows the closely and he heard some of their conversation. "It's okay, Jungkook-ah. You'll be okay. Eomma will do everything to make you normal again like others." Jungkook's mom rubs his back while reassuring him with some other words.

What makes Jimin shocked the most is the words that Jungkook said. "I.. want.. Jimin.. hyung.." His voice was so slow and almost inaudible but Jimin could still hear it. Jungkook's mom keep patting his back and kisses his cheek while sobbing. "Son, I will find your Jimin hyung. Don't worry."

Jimin doesn't talk much when he's back for his family dinner. His mother is thinking that Jimin is weird tonight. "What's up, Jimin-ah? Why are you so quiet?" Jimin just shakes his head and smiles softly.

"Nothing mom. I just lost my appetite suddenly. Sorry." He walks up to his room and he lays on his bed. 'What if I go to straight to Jungkook's mom and tell her everything.' Jimin thought and then he sighs. 'But it will be so shocking. They might still hating me for leaving Kookie back then."

The next morning, Jimin has already made his mind and decision. He decides to go meet Jungkook's mom. He's now is in front of Jungkook's house. His hands are trembling cause he's so nervous.

knock knock.

The door is open, and Jimin smiles awkwardly to the lady in front of him. "Aunty it's me, Jimin." Jungkook's mom didn't say a word but she just hugs Jimin tightly and start to sobbing slowly.

"Where did you go, Jimin-ah. Do you know how much Jungkook misses you. He's suffering all this time." Jungkook's mom slapped Jimin's arm lightly in order to show that she's angry but she's happy to meet Jimin again.

"I'm sorry. I was so stupid back then. I know. I'm sorry, aunty. " Jimin bows to Jungkook's mom few times and he can see a smile on her face.

"It's okay. I'm glad that you're here again. Come in and let me tell you what happened to Jungkook when you were gone." Jungkook's mom pulls Jimin into the house and made him to sit on the sofa. She grabs a glass of orange juice and she sits on front of him. She clears and starts to talk "So it was like this..."

[ flashback ]

"Jimin hyung! Don't leave me!" Jungkook yells but Jimin doesn't even look at him. Jungkook wipes his tears and walks back to his home slowly. He couldn't stop his tears from falling down.

"I'm home." He said slowly. Jungkook's mom looks at him and rushes to him. "What happened, son? Oh my god. Your face is so red. Why are you crying?" Jungkook buries his face onto his mother's shoulder and cries. He cries like a helpless baby.

"Jimin.. Hyung.. Eomma. He left me. I'm-" Jungkook coughs, he coughed so hard that he could feel his chest is hurting so much. Jungkook's mom bring him back to his room and made him sleep.

The next morning, when Jungkook's mom sits beside Jungkook's bed and caresses his face lovingly, his mom felt that his face was so burning hot. "Oh my god, Jeon Jungkook. You've fever. It's so bad. Why didn't you called me, son!"

Jungkook just shakes his head and whines weakly. "Jimin.. Jimin hyung.. I want Jimin hyung.." Jungkook's mom forces him to sit and rubs his back gently. "Son, he'll come here later. We'll see him soon. Let's go to the hospital now. Your fever is so bad, your temperature is so high right now." Jungkook's mom tries to console him but he won't listen. Jungkook don't even want to get out from his room.

He threatened his mom that he'll kill himself if she tried to force him to go to the hospital once again. His mom couldn't really do anything. He stays like that for few days already and his mom is so worried now.

Till one day, his mom knocks on his door and there's no answer. His mom breaks in and runs to him. "Jungkook-ah! Jungkook-ah!" There's still no answer. Jungkook's mom quickly call for the ambulance.

In the hospital, the doctor confirmed that Jungkook's fever has gone too bad that some of his nerves system were disturbed. He might couldn't walk properly and his vision might turn blurry after this. Jungkook's mom bursts out in tears and she couldn't think what will happen to Jungkook in the future. Jungkook was warded for a week until he suddenly do problems like trying to run away from hospital and his only reason is to find Jimin.

Starting from that days, his mom has to keep her eyes on him in case he did something else and she has to bring him to the hospital weekly to check his health state improvement. Unfortunately, he's not geeting better as day goes by. He's slowly turn paralyze and he can't walk like his usual. His vision also turn blurry.

[ end of flashback ]

Jimin couldn't hold his tears and he bows again to Jungkook's mom. "I'm sorry. This is all my fault. It's because of my stupid jealousy." Jungkook's mom shakes in disagreement. "No, it's not Jimin-ah. It's just his fate."

BUM!

"What's that? It comes from upstairs." Jungkook's mom and Jimin quickly run upstairs to the Jungkook's room. "Jungkook!" Jungkook's mom screamed when she saw his son is lying down on the ground and he's not breathing.

Jimin call for the ambulance and after a few minutes, they are in the hospital. Jungkook is placed in an emergency room. "Jungkook-ah, why son why." His mother sobbed on Jimin's shoulder.

Jimin just pats her back cause he also don't know what to do. He just want to be with Jungkook again. That's all he wants. "Is there any Jeon Jungkook's family representative here?" A doctor comes out from the room and Jungkook's mother and Jimin quickly goes to the doctor to listen to his explanation. "Jeon Jungkook's health state is getting very critical. I'm sorry to say this but right now, he's in his unconscious state or we called coma. Well, we couldn't find out the cause of his illness. It's still mystery but we will figure it out soon. Don't worry."

Jimin couldn't say any words, he's speechless. "Well you can visit him now, two person at a time. So if there's nothing, I shall take my leave now." The doctor said then he goes away. Jungkook's mom tells Jimin to take care of her bags first so she could visit Jungkook first.

After a few minutes, Jungkook's mom get out from the room and gives Jimin sign to enter the room. Jimin pushes the door slowly and he could see Jungkook from far. He walks closer to Jungkook and sits on the chair beside Jungkook's bed. "Kookie-ah." he said as he intertwine their hands together and Jimin's eyes start tearing, regretting what has he done to Jungkook. He never thought this will come. He never thought Jungkook will be like this because of him. He buries his face on Jungkook's chest, sobbing silently while hoping that Jungkook will wake up soon.

One day, two days and three days.

Nothing changed. Jungkook still laying unconsciously on the bed and Jimin is still waiting beside him.

One week, two weeks and three weeks.

Everything is still the same. Jungkook is still laying on the same bed. He's still wearing all those medical stuffs that were given for him to get better. and... There's Jimin beside him, giving him all of his support and spirit. He never stop telling Jungkook that he'll be okay, they still can live together after this. He tells Jungkook to fight the illness back.

That night, Jimin sings to Jungkook his favorite song and hoping that Jungkook will hear him and wake up, hopefully. but no change. Jimin decides to go to sleep so he lays his head besides Jungkook and his hand is still holding tight Jungkook's and that's when suddenly he heard one of tha machine that is attached to Jungkook making a beep noises.

He panicked. He doesn't know what that's mean. "Doctor! Doctor!" Jimin shouts loudly and a few seconds later, the doctor comes in with the nurses. Jimin was chase out forcefully. He doesn't want to go, he wants to stay beside Jungkook but he couldn't do anything.

Tic toc tic toc. Time's beating.

"Mrs. Jeon?" The doctor called. Jungkook's mom walks to the doctor. "Yes, doctor?" The doctor pats Jungkook's mom back lightly. "Be strong. He's gone."

Jimin hears that word that he wishes he never heard. G O N E. Jimin can't believe that. He shakes the doctor lightly. "You're lying, right? He can't be gone. I know he's okay. Tell me he's okay!" Jimin yells angrily. "I'm sorry to say but yes, he's gone. I know it's hard for you but I've done my best to save him." The doctor bows and walks away.

Jimin runs. Jimin runs to somewhere that he doesn't even know. He couldn't think of anything anymore. He couldn't believe that his one and only love is gone. He only had him before and even right now but he's gone. He keeps running until he heard someone's shouting to him. "Mister, stop!" He turns to his right and he saw a car coming in his way, the car is too fast that the driver can't even do anything to stop the car.

DUM!

Jimin heard someone's calling his name. "Jimin." He turns to his back and he saw the one guy that always make him smile. "Jimin hyung." He smiles at Jimin. Jimin ran to him while wiping his tears that fell without him knowing.

"Jimin hyung, why are you crying. I told you I don't like seeing your tears." He wiped his tears and pecked him on the lips softly. This is the taste of the lips that Jimin always wanted. He missed his kisses and hugs so much. He hugged him tightly and whined weakly. "Kookie. Kookie-ah. I'm sorry. I'm regretting what have I done to you, Kookie." Jungkook rubbed his back soothingly while whispering, "It's okay hyung. I'm here now. Don't worry. I forgive you already." Jimin kissed Jungkook on his lips gently and Jungkook returned the kiss. They held each other's hands tightly while smiling.

"I love you, hyung. I love you so much." Jungkook said while nodding. "I love you too, Kookie-ah. I won't regret loving you all this time." Jungkook nodded. They did a lot of things that day. They went for an ice cream date. They had their video games date too. They had too much fun together. "I want to stay like this, hyung." Jungkook smiled and gave him the last kiss.

 

"Jimin-ah." Jimin opens his eyes and saw his mother smiling softly to him. "It's been a week, son. I'm glad you're awake now." Jimin's mom give him a small peck on his forehead. "Where am I? Where's Jungkook? I just met Jungkook just now!"

Jimin tries to sit but he can't. His back and his head are aching badly. He touches his head and its bandaged. "Son, please. Accept the truth. Jungkook is gone." His mother sighs and caressed his cheek gently. "No. I swear I just met him. You're lying, eomma!" Jimin turns his back to his mom and closes his eyes, trying to sleep again.

"I want to meet Jungkook again. Please don't break us apart again." He sobbed while tugging to the bed sheets tightly.

"Eomma?" Jimin called.

"Yes, Jimin-ah?" His mom pats his back gently.

"Don't wake me up ever again, eomma. I want to go and meet Jungkook." He breaks the glass bowl near to him and cut his pulse using the broken pieces of the glass bowl. Jimin's mom screams and calls for the doctor immediately.

Jimin now can smiles again because he's going to meet Jungkook soon. Somewhere. Up there.

"Don't wake me up..."