Wish Granted

Wish Granted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi, my name is Pie. I am currently a writer in a nature's magazine. Right now my boss instructed me to go on a trip to different cities. There was a tour package so he booked my flight telling me it will be a nice opportunity to roam around cities. Furthermore, I have a month to give him a nice article. 2 weeks to roam around and 1 week to finalize my output. Added to the pressure is taking nice sceneries. I'm not even good in taking photos! What the! He did not even assign Zee to go with me. Zee is my all time partner in travels. He is a good photographer. Sadly, she was on a leave. (What a great timing, Zee!) Anyway, our boss is crazy like that. *sigh. 

 

I was fangirling on this one photographer though. Her name is Kabe. I know,  she has a weird name. She's a bit mysterious too. I don't even know how she looks like. But what the heck, she is really good in taking photos. I followed her on instagram like a year ago when my sister, Meena, an inspiring photographer, told me she looks up to this tom because of her great shots. Well, she is a well-known photographer. I admit, they were all fascinating! There's no denying it. I am a fan! I can feel a lot of emotions in her photos. She is so damn good. Hopefully, Meena and I can go to her first exhibit next month and meet her in person.

 

So, anyway, I am already packing my things when my sister came into my room.

 

"Hey, sis. Here's the camera. Take good care of it..or else you are so dead!" Meena said.

 

"Of course, sissy! I won't let YOUR camera that I bought be damaged in anyway."Pie giggled as she loves to sister.

 

"Good. You know that's my baby. Hmp!" Meena answered back to Pie. "Don't forget my souvenirs when you get back." She continued.

 

"Of course. Your my favorite sister! You will have a lot of gifts from me."Pie patted Meena's head.

 

"You have no choice 'cause I am your only sister!" Both of them laughed and then they bid their goodbyes.

 

==================

 

Pie was already boarding the aircraft and took her seat by the window. After a while, the pilot already announced that they were all ready for take off. Pie fastened her seatbelt as the plane took off. When they were up in the sky, Pie looked out the window. The sky was great. The sun's rays where so clear that it illuminates the clouds well. She took her sister's camera from the bag and took a photo. She previewed the photo but it was black.

 

"What the! Why is this black?" Pie murmured. She then took a photo again. Still it was just plain black. 

 

"What am i doing wrong here? The lens cap is out. Eeeeh. I can't even call Meena to ask about this." Pie was talkibg to herself when somebody talked to her.

 

"I know what's wrong with your camera. May I?" She said while smiling as she was offering her hand so that Pie can hand over the camera.

 

Pie handed over the camera. She saw that her seatmate was pressing some buttons and afterwhich, leaned across Pie and took a photo through the window. Pie was shocked. She felt uneasy but her smell made her calm. She smells good. Oh man.. After taking the photo, her seatmate looked to Pie and gave her the camera.

 

"Here. It's all set. Try taking some photos now." She smiled to Pie.

 

Her smile is gorgeous. Pie told herself.

 

Pie took a photo and the photo was fascinating. She smiled widely.

 

"Thank you.." Pie turned her head to her seatmate.

 

"You are welcome."

 

"By the way, I am Pie."

 

"And I am Kim. You have a nice camera. Learning photography?"

 

"Actually, I am a writer. I love looking at great photos but unfortunately, I am not a good photographer." Pie shyly told Kim. They giggled. "My boss is just crazy enough to send me to this trip, made me write an article and take photos! Obviously, I am not a good photographer."

 

"So you're also on the packaged trip around different cities? I can help you with the photos if you want." Kim offered. She saw Pie a bit confused. We, they were still strangers.

 

"I mean, I am also on the trip. You can say I am a photographer. I just took the trip to relieve myself from stress. Taking photos relaxes me. Plus, I bet you're alone too?"

 

"Ahm. I think that's a good idea. Your shot of the sky was really nice. And maybe you can be the one to use this camera."

 

"Nah. You use it. I'll teach you the basics. I have my baby right here." Kim pointed to her bag.

 

"You sound like my sister."Pie let out a soft laugh. "She also calls this camera her baby."

 

They felt really comfortable and so it was easy for them to get along.

 

The plane landed and all guests of the trip mounted on a bus going to the hotel. Pie's room was just accross Kim's. They went inside their rooms and took a rest.

 

Pie layed down on her bed and checked her social accounts. She then opened her instagram and posted her shot of the sky. She captioned it as "good enough for a first timer. #skyandsun🌞"

 

After a while, she went to a deep slumber.

 

==================

 

The next morning, Pie went out of the room to get breakfast. Coincidentally, Kim also got out of her room. Since their doors are really fronting each other, they immediately noticed each other's presence.

 

"Hi. Good morning, Pie." Kim flashed her smile. Pie can't understand but she feels all giddy when she can see Kim. A crush maybe, Pie thinks.

 

"Good morning, Kim. Breakfast?"

 

"Yeah.. Shall we?"

 

"Let's go!" Pie felt very happy to be with Kim. She feels safe and sound.

 

They took their breakfast and had a good conversation.

 

"So, why did you end up being a writer?" Kim asked Pie.

 

"I just love making good stories, sharing my experiences and making the readers feel the emotions of all the places I go.. You? Photography eh?"

 

"Same as your reason, just in form of photographs."

 

This may be the reason why they get along well. Pie and Kim share the same passion in the art of story-telling and expression of feelings. Pie is a go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter