024

Brave And Fearless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
024

Kang Raena

I entered my room after Woo Hyun left. I sat on my bed and pulled up the shirt to touch the gauze lightly. When I heard footsteps running nearer, I put my shirt down immediately as Jae Han ran into my awaiting arms and happily giggled. He kicked around in my hold, and that caused an accident. His foot connected with my wound, I felt as though the air was knocked out of my lungs as the pain was excruciating. I bit onto my lips as my eyes were shut, I loosen my hold onto Jae Han and held onto my sides instead.

With one hand on my side, my other hand felt around for my bag as my eyes were blurred with tears. Jae Han started panicking as he begin to cry and ask what is wrong. I wanted to comfort him but I couldn’t even handle myself. Suddenly, the young Jindo puppy ran into the room barking as a figure followed after him hurriedly. I was carried from the edge of the bed and put to bed as the puppy lightly dragged Jae Han by the hem of his shirt down to the floor, guiding him and comforting him. The hurried sound of the painkiller’s package being ripped open was heard as 2 pills were shoved into my hands. All I wanted to do now was to curl into a ball and stop the pain. It felt as though my insides were ripping apart, but I know Jae Han didn’t mean any harm.

The person wiped my tears away and pushed the water to my lips to swallow the pills with. My vision cleared up as the glass of water was taken away from me after.

“O-Oppa?” I called out weakly.

“I’m here, go to sleep, when you wake up, I’ll be here, I promise.”

He caressed my hair and lulled me to bed.

-

When I woke up, it was to an empty room as the doors were shut tightly. I sat up from the bed and gently ran my fingers past my wound. I must’ve scared Jae Han a good load earlier. His cries from earlier were still echoing in my head. Sensing how quiet the house was, Seungyoon must have left for training. It always happens, when he promised that he’d be there when I wake up, he’s always gone.

I pulled the covers off me and sat in my bed. The door was pushed open silently as I was greeted by an unexpected face.

“Oh, my baby girl!”

My mother cried out from the door as my father soothed her murmuring that I’m still alive and kicking.

“Eomma!”

She ran over towards me in her all black wear.

“My baby girl, I didn’t even get to know that you’re hurt till I arrive in Korea.”

“W-why are the both of you in Korea?”

My father smiled and told me,” We came back for a meeting in the company’s main office. But your mother went ballistic when she heard from Secretary Baek that her baby girl was injured, she demanded that we skip the meeting and come home immediately.”

My mother’s eyes were filled with tears as she continuously caressed my hair and murmured how she was sorry that she wasn’t here when I was hurting. When she was finally pried away from me, my father came forward and kissed my forehead.

“I’m glad you’re a strong girl, just like how daddy taught you.”

When I glance over at the door, my three siblings were standing there as Seungyoon gave me a wink and smiled delightedly towards our parents. Yes, I may be the second born but I am my dad’s first daughter, also known as his first princess. You may not want to mess with me if you know about that information, he may not be able to do any judo or taekwondo but don’t they always say? A father protecting his daughter is hundred times scarier than a black belt expert.

Jae Han escaped from Seungyoon’s arms and ran towards me as he blubbered,” Noona, Jae Han didn’t want to hurt you, Jae Han is sorry.”

He looked at the floor, with his little pouty lips stuck out. I ruffled his hair and laughed to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter