One

It Was Just a Dream

Kyungsoo is relaxing at his desk at the start of the period, half reading his novel, half listening to the gossip around him. None of his friends are in this class with him, so mostly he keeps to himself. 

The teacher isn't in yet, and his fellow classmates are taking full advantage of the situation.  Some girls huddled up in front of him are discussing future college plans, voices a mixture of excitement and apprehension. 

Growing bored of listening to them, and a little nauseous if he's being honest - he hasn't given enough thought to college yet - Kyungsoo shifts his attention to the back of the room.  There are three members of the soccer team laughing loudly together, and Kyungsoo's lips quirk up in a slight smile.  Two of the guys are good-naturedly ragging on their third friend, claiming that his cyborg leg give him an unfair advantage on the team.

"Please, you're both far better players than me."

"Okay, but Jongin-" oh yeah, his name is Jongin. How is he always forgetting that? "Your leg gets you an advantage on the playing field, know what I'm saying, eh?"

The third member laughs uproariously as someone, presumably Jongin, yells "Sehun, you piece of !"

Smirking slightly, Kyungsoo is choosing which group of students to next shift his attention on to when a sudden hush falls over the room. Assuming the teacher has at last walked in, Kyungsoo puts the book he was pretending to read back into his backpack and settles in for class.

He is thus confused when the gossipping resumes, this time in the form of hushed whispers and conspiratorial glances.

Giving in, Kyungsoo turns to face the doorway where he is at once greeted by the sight of an incredibly tall someone slinking into the room and bonelessly gliding into one of the perpetually empty seats at the back of the classroom. 

The boy - man?- besides being way too tall for a high school student, is striking.  His bleach blonde hair is tousled up in some semblance of a faux-hawk, and the shaved sides of his head put his ears, and thus his rather large gauges, on display.  His thick black eyebrows are drawn together in a brooding expression, and Kyungsoo can see the glint of a lip piercing at the corner of his down-turned mouth.

He is dressed all in black. A large hoodie provides the bulk that his very, very skinny jeans are lacking.  On his long fingers are several gleaming silver rings that look like they would cause a punch to the jaw to hurt extra badly.

Around him, Kyungsoo can hear his classmates whispering about the new kid. Already rumours are flying about him being in a gang, having been expelled from his last school for getting into too many fights, or most scandalously, for sleeping with a teacher.  The general consensus is that the new student is big and bad and incredibly intimidating.  Kyungsoo may not believe any of the rumours he is hearing, but he definitely agrees with his classmates on that last bit.

Afraid to get caught staring by the new student, Kyungsoo once more turns to the front of the room and almost desperately anticipates the arrival of the teacher who is very late.

 

 

 

 

A/N: Hello my loverlies, I promise I won't do A/Ns too often. I just wanted to say that this idea for a story has been floating around in my head for years, but every time I try to write it, I get too intimidated and stop. So, I thought that by turning it into a fanfic, not only would it be far less frightening to me, but I would have the encouragement from all of you beauties enticing me to keep writing and not give up after barely starting.

As always, I love love love hearing from you guys in the comments section. I will candidly admit that I am an attention , but beyond that, your love and support is what keeps me going and what keeps me writing.