2/2

We Meet Again

The week has ended and I was more than relieved. Some things happened in the past two weeks.. The first thing ; Yasmine, Tim and I got a nine on the group project. The teacher said our project was one of the best. All our hard work did pay off in the end. The second thing ; Jungkook and I reconciled and our relationship is only getting better and better. No, we're not back together. We're just getting to know each other (again) some more and rebuilding our friendship. Let's just say, the past two weeks were really good. College used to be quite depressing, but my two  best friends were the only ones that were keeping me up. Now it's not just two friends, but three. I'm really happy how Jungkook and I are slowly becoming best friends again. After all, that's how our relationship started. It all started with friendship and we eventually developed feelings. Not after 4 years of friendship. I always find the relationships that start as a friendship work out the best, because you already know each other really well. Before your relationship, you were already comfortable around each other. The friendship that changed into a "relationship" is just another label. Neither of us really changed after we started dating, which I was happy with. 

Okay, back to the present. It was a Saturday evening, and Yasmine and Tim convinced me to go out with them tonight. I just finished dinner by myself and was about to take a shower, when my phone went off. I found my phone underneath the pile of clothes on my bed, and swiped to the right on my screen to pick up. The person calling was Jungkook. I hesitated to pick up, because I usually don't like phone calls. After debating in my head, I eventually picked up. 

"Hello?" 

"Hey, Ariel! How are you? Do you have plans for tonight?" Jungkook asked. I could hear the enthusiasm in his voice. It was cute. 

"I'm good~ and yeah, I was planning on going out tonight. Actually, I was forced to go out tonight. Why? Do you have plans?" While talking to him, I paced back and forth and picked up random stuff, throwing them on the floor afterwards. I honestly really wanted to shower, because I was scared I wouldn't be ready if Tim were to be in front of my doorstep. 

"That sounds nice, I think I might go out too. Not sure where, though. I guess we'll see. Speak to you later then, Ariel!" He hung up. Well, that was a nice conversation.. I didn't even understand why he called. At least I could start getting ready now. I went to the bathroom and took a nice 20-minute shower. When I came out, I went back to my room and looked for a dress to wear. I didn't want to attract too much attention by wearing a bright colour, so I stuck with a black dress. It was a low cut bodycon dress that ended just an inch below my . I put it on my bed and blowdried my hair first. After this, I started doing my make-up. Luckily, I'm pretty skilled with make-up and it never takes too long. I did the usual routine; primer, bb cream, eyebrows, eyeshadow (smokey eye, but not too extreme), eyeliner, mascara, bronzer, highlighter and then lipstick. I went for a bordeaux colour. Before that, I used lipliner to get a more precise look. I did the finger thing to make sure nothing went on my teeth. 

After this whole progress, I changed into the dress. Just when I had put on the dress, the bell rang. I walked over to open the door and was greeted by Yasmine and Tim. Yasmine looked really hot in a red dress. She was wearing a lipstick and her hair was straightened. She also wore high heels. Tim, on the other hand, looked way more put together than usual. He usually comes to school in jeans and a t-shirt, almost looking like a hermit. This time, he was wearing black jeans and a white dress shirt. I had to say, he looked handsome. His hair was styled more than usual, but at least it looked like he put some effort into it. 

"Well, hot mama. You ready?" Yasmine asked. I laughed and nodded, putting on my heels. When I was done, I had to look for my jacket too. I went for a leather jacket, since it was the safest and warmest option. I popped a piece of gum in my mouth and took one last look in the mirror before leaving my dorm. Tim's car was parked in front of the building. He opened the door to the backseats for us and then went to the driver's seat. 

Everyone was seated, so he drove off. 

~

It was a 15-minute drive from my dorm to the club. It wasn't one of those where a lot of college students go to. I hate those parties, because it always ends with someone having to fight someone else. It's annoying. I'd rather go to legit parties where people are actually nice. Of course there will be drunk people, but there are barely any fights that happen at the end of the party or during the party. 

"How about you two get out and get in line first? I'll look for a parking spot and ring one of you guys when I get there," Tim said. Yasmine and I exchanged looks before saying 'yes' at the same time. We got out and scanned the line in front of the club. It wasn't too long, since it was only 12.30 am. Most people come after 1 or after 2am, because that's when it actually gets fun. 

We got in line and started talking about random things. I brought up the subject of Tim and she slapped me immediately. "What if there are people we know?! Just don't talk about it in public.." 

"Okay, okay, calm down," I laughed. 

The line was moving pretty fast and we were worried Tim wasn't gonna make it in time. Just then, Yasmine's phone rang. I looked at her and she took her phone out of her purse to pick up. After them talking for about 30 seconds, we heard Tim's voice behind us. "Hey girls! Found you," he said. There were about 4 people in front of us, before it was our turn to go in. Those four people were gone pretty fast.

"IDs please," the bouncer said. We gave them our IDs. They checked our age and they checked if the photo resembled us, then gave them back. We were allowed to go in. Once we were inside, we looked for the wardrobe and lockers to dump our jackets and Yasmine's purse in. We soon found it and placed everything in one locker. We handed the key to Tim, because he's the one who's most likely not to lose it. Yasmine and I are both just clumsy creatures and we'll be bound to lose everything if one of us kept it. 

"Let's get something to drink first, okay?" Tim suggested. We nodded and made our way to the bartender. Tim ordered something and paid for it. We had no idea what it was, but we trusted him so whatever. There were a total of six shots in front of us, so two for each person. The only one who knew what it was was Tim. Ten seconds later and the first three shots were gone. Twenty seconds later and the second shots were gone too. 

"Let's gooooo~" I said, holding Yasmine's hand and going out to where everyone was dancing. 

We spent the next hour just dancing without stopping. I had no idea if Tim or Yasmine were still around me, but I knew they were at least in a five meter range. I knew I didn't lose them. We were all just dancing with strangers and not having a care in the world. After that hour of non-stop dancing, I felt like I needed another drink, so I went up to the bartender and told him I wanted a shot of whatever he had. He nodded and put one in front of me. I downed it and asked for another one. Another one was placed in front of me, so I downed it again. I felt like that was enough, so I went back and looked for Yasmine and Tim. Just a few moments into searching, I saw the two of them intimately dancing . I was not gonna ruin their moment, so I just stayed where I was and danced by myself, surrounded by strangers. I didn't even care who was behind me. I didn't care if it was a girl or a boy, but from the person's built, I could feel it was a guy. His hands were on my waist and I was pushed against him. Not because he forced me against him, but because of other people pushing and pulling, leaving me to no option but against him.

I was just dancing, until the guy behind me started saying something in my ear. The voice sounded awfully familiar.

"Enjoying yourself?"

I turned around to see who the voice belonged to and was met with a grinning Jungkook. "Jungkookie! What the hell? You were behind me this whole time and you didn't even say hi? How rude," I said, laughing. At this time, the alcohol had long kicked in already. I mean, I had four shots. I couldn't say I was drunk, but rather tipsy. By Jungkook's breath, I could smell he had some alcohol in his system too. Not too much, though, because his eyes could still focus on what he had to focus on. When he's drunk, his eyes go everywhere. That's what you learn about someone after you've known them for almost five years. 

"I was just having fun and I didn't want to ruin your little trance," Jungkook said, laughing. I laughed and shook my head, continuing to dance. We returned to the previous position; Jungkook behind me and me in front of him. His hands found their way around my waist again, but this time a little bit tighter. His face was really, like really, close to my neck and I could almost feel his breathing on my neck. 

After a while, I started feeling tired and Jungkook seemed to notice. 

"How about we go outside for some fresh air?" Jungkook suggested. I nodded and followed closely behind him. He gently grabbed my hand, so we wouldn't lose each other. I held it tight and followed him, still very closely behind him, because if someone were to get between us, we would lose each other immediately. After a lot of pushing through sweaty people, we were finally outside. We didn't want to stand next to the smokers, so we moved away and were now almost 15 feet away from the entrance. Neither of us expected it to be this cold outside, so we were basically shivering and freezing to death. To keep ourselves warm, Jungkook hugged me tight. He was leaning against the wall and I was leaning against him with my face against his chest. 

"Did you have fun in there?" Jungkook asked. 

"Yeah, it's nice and the music is good too," I said, smiling, "What about you? Did you have fun?" I slightly pulled away from his chest to look at his face, but he pulled me closer again.

"I had lots of fun," he said. I could almost hear a smirk in his voice. "But this is nice too. I feel like I turned half deaf in there. At least it's a lot quieter out here. And we're not surrounded by sweaty people anymore." 

"True, very true." 

Despite us hugging and sharing warmth, it was still super cold. I could feel my whole body shivering, while Jungkook was barely shivering. I don't know if he's cold blooded or not, but it was a fact that it was cold. I could see fog coming out if I exhaled through my mouth. 

"Ariel?" 

"Yes, Jungkook. What's up?" I asked, looking up to see his face. He looked down and smiled at me. 

"I still really love you." 

"I knew that already. I love you too," I said, putting my head against his chest again. His chest seemed to be the warmest part of his body. It was radiating warmth, which was nice.

"No no, you don't understand. I don't just mean as friends. Like, I actually love you and I would love to get back together. I don't want to push you or anything, but I just wanted to clarify my feelings for you. I definitely did not lose feelings for you. Not once in the past eight months did I lose feelings for you. Not then, not now." 

I could hear the sincerity in his voice and when I looked up, I could only see love in his eyes. I couldn't help but smile at this sight. I missed him so much as my boyfriend, but I especially missed being this close and cozy with him. Although we reconciled as friends, we didn't really spend a lot of time hugging like this (duh). I truly love him, not just as a best friend, but as a lover too. It was hard for me to say before this, because I was scared he somehow lost feelings, but now that I know this..

"You're not pushing anything. I've actually been thinking about getting back together too, but I was scared you lost feelings and you just wanted to stay friends. I've never lost feelings either." 

Jungkook grinned, "Ariel, would you... Would you like to be my girlfriend, again?" He pulled me closer, if that was even possible. Our faces were just inches away. I smiled and nodded, and in no time the gap between us was closed. Our lips locked and I could feel his smile during the kiss. I was just as smiley. I poured all my love in the kiss and I could feel him doing the same. It's been so long since we've shared a moment like this. It's been so long since we've been this close. 

I can now say, I fell in love with my best friend and I still am in love with my best friend. Faith brought us together and made sure we would meet again.