Final

I Like You

"Yosh!~ Let's go out tomorrow? It's weekend after all~" Yerin said excitedly, couldn't wait for Saturday.

Yuju claps her hands immediately, agreeing with the suggestion. "Yes! I wanna go to the amusement park!"

"Cool! Let's go there tomorrow!" Eunha added, grinning from ear to ear. The three of them made the plan since the mid-term exams just finished. "We should ask the boys to join us too!" Yerin nodded causing Eunha to freeze for awhile. 

"Taehyung, Jimin, Jungkook! Join us to the amusement park tomorrow!" The three boys turned to them, blinking their eyes while thinking. J-Jungkook will be there? Eh?!  Eunha widened her eyes but not too obvious. 

"We're in! Let's go together!"

"Alright! Deal!"

Eunha is there, looking at somewhere else as if she's pretending to pack her stuffs. But his eyes never leave her yet she didn't noticed it.

It was different. It's not like before anymore. Where they were in the middle school.

 

"H-hi.... My name is.... Jungkook... I'm a new student here..." he introduced himself, being shy as well.

"Alright Jungkook. Please sit there, the empty seat at the back" Mrs. Hong told him which he obeyed and walked to the seat. 

Slowly he sits on the chair, putting his bag down and looks at the girl next to him. She's been looking at him while smiling. "Hi! I'm Eunha and nice to meet you. Let's be friends!" she said, shaking his hand eagerly yet happily.

Since that, she's the one who held his hand, pulling him everywhere she went. She would protect him from the bullies. Jungkook was the shy, quiet and lonely little boy. They made promises to be friends and she'll hold his hand, forever.

 

But time has passed and everything has changed. Jungkook has becoming the charming guy and every girls in the school were drooling over him. Some of them confessed to him repeatedly but he still rejected them. She doesn't even know why he would reject them. They were all pretty, and suit him well. 

And day by day, Eunha couldn't even look at him. Making her to push him away and she's starting to stay away from him slowly. Every time he looks at her, she would pretend as if she never see him there. Whenever she sees his figure, she would immediately hides from him. Eunha would never approach him anymore.

 

 

"Sorry, Eunha! We couldn't come today!" both Yerin and Yuju told her on the phone. A soft groan and whine escaped Eunha's mouth. "Eh?! Why? Yah I'm here already!~"

"Don't worry, there's still Taehyung, Jimin and Jungkook there! Sorry okay, later then!" they quickly hung up the phone call before she could say anything. 

Eunha turns her head slightly just to see Jungkook is there, walking towards her. Alone. Wait- where's the others? Eunha couldn't help but to get all flustered and a bit nervous.

"Morning..." he said, sticking his hands inside his pocket. He yawns slightly.

"Ahh- morning!" she said awkwardly, scratching her head a bit. "Oh umm.... Yerin and Yuju couldn't come today."

"Same goes to Tae and Jimin. They couldn't come" he nods.

"HUH?! WHAT?!"

"Why you look so surprised? They just told me they had some stuffs to do." He points to his phone before putting it back inside his pocket. It can't be only Jungkook and me! W-what a bad luck for me today....

"The weather is so nice, right? Ahahaa.." She's laughing awkwardly. Ugh what am I talking about?

He looks up at the sky while thinking. "Let's go" he said, now looking at her, "Just the two of us. If you don't mind." Eunha widened her eyes. This is like a dream. He never say those words to her.

"I-I didn't say I don't want. I-"

"Then let's go" He cutted off her words, he starts to walk slowly. She just nodded, following him from behind. Just looking at his back.... Jungkook is getting taller than before..... 

The place is getting crowded since it's the weekend. They look around the huge place. Eunha seems so small walking in the crowd and some people couldn't see her petite figure. "Ah- Excuse me-" she's struggling to walk through the crowd. 

Jungkook is getting far from her. Should Eunha just need to let him disappear in the crowd? She lost in her thoughts as she's getting slower and he's getting disappear from her sight. Not until she felt someone pulled her out of the crowd.

"Are you okay? You should call me so I can hold your hand earlier" he said, still holding her hand firmly. "You're getting shorter. Aren't you growing up?" he playfully patted her head while chuckling a bit.

"Yah! It's not me who's getting shorter. It's you who's getting taller everyday" she squint her eyes. He just laughed as the answer. It feels different. It's been a very long time since they had conversation like this.

"Come on, let's hurry. We'll ride the ferris wheel, that's your favourite ride" he smiles, gently pulling her with him towards the ferris wheel.

It was me who's the one that pulling his hand everywhere, now he's the one that pulling my hand.  She just looking at him as they walk together.

10 minutes passed and it's finally their turn to ride the ferris wheel. Both of them get inside and it's slowly going up. She looks outside, feeling amazed at how pretty the scenery is.

"Whoa! It's so beautiful!" she smiles widely, still looking at the outside forgetting his presence there. "You're much more beautiful though..." he mumbles but loud enough for her to hear it.

Eunha turns towards him, feeling surprised. "What did you say?"

"Nothing" he blinks, looking at the other way. 

And silence. They didn't talk or look at each other until the ride ended. They go to the bench and sit there. "Wait here, I'll get you something to drink" he smiles, before rushing towards the stall to buy something for her.

She looks down, playing with her fingers till she heard his voice. "Eunha, here!" he handed her the water bottle, showing his wide smile to her. Wide enough to melt someone's heart. "T-thanks...."

She drinks the water before she noticed that he's looking at her. "Huh?" she give him a questioning look. 

"I'm thirsty too. Can I have some?" he pointed at the bottle and she gives it to him. He sip on the drink as the bottle touch his lips.

This thing was normal when they were in the middle school, that both of them shared the water together. Now she feels different and shy. "Here, thanks" he hold out the bottle to her wanting her to take it.

"I-I don't want it anymore-" she gasps slightly as she's accidentally pushing his hand causing the bottle to fall down on the ground. There's a sudden change on his face that he's kinda pissed off, probably.

"Jung-"

"You're avoiding me since before, right? I noticed it, Eunha."

He looks... hurt?

"I..."

"Just tell me if there's something you don't like about me. I'll fix it. Did I do anything wrong?"

Speechless. She's speechless.

"I don't want you to keep avoiding me like this. I don't want you to hate me" he stood up, looking down slightly.

She's still sitting on the bench, looking at him in disbelief. She don't know what to say. "I wanna take a walk for awhile...." he slowly walked away and she still speechless.

This is not what she wants. Everything went wrong now. Maybe he's right. She's avoiding him too much.

The sky is getting dark, the wind is getting cold. And she could feels something wet on her. It's the rain. It's raining now. Yet she's still there waiting for him. No, he won't coming back. He left forever and she don't need to avoid him anymore. Isn't that so easy?

"No, not like this!"

She stood up, started to run to find him. She went everywhere but he's nowhere to be found. The rain is getting heavier. "Where is he?" she bits her lower lip, feeling nervous and worried. Did he just left like that? 

She stops running, already give up. "Stupid Jungkook...." she mumbles, trying to hold onto her tears. Until she felt something is shielding her body from the rain.

"What are you doing here?" 

It's Jungkook. He's holding an umbrella. And he seems worried about her. "Silly!" she pushed him causing him to fall down on the ground.

"What the-"

"It's not fair! Not fair at all, Jungkook!" she clenched her fist, starting to cry while shouting. "Not fair!"

"You're becoming handsome and growing up like an adult! All the girls like you! And me.... Nothing change about me at all" she's sobbing, wiping the tears on her cheeks though it never stop falling down. "I don't know what should I do.... You're dumb. Jungkook is the stupidest guy ever!" 

He just looks at her. He stood up and approaches her. Cupping her cheeks gently lifting her face. "Jungkook is so stupid..." she's still crying befores she stopped just to feel a pair of soft lips on hers. Her eyes grew wider, nothing she can do.

"I like you" he pulled away and looks at her. "Because I couldn't tell you. Because I only liked you. Since our middle school, it's like a miracle that you made me fell for you"

Speechless again upon hearing him. She couldn't believe it. Just like a dream of her young days. "Don't you feel the same hm?"

She nodded slowly, her eyes were looking at somewhere else. "Like.... I like you..." He smiles widely and lean forward just to kiss her again and she answers his kiss.

On that rainy day, both of them get together. No one need to leave. No one need to cry. No one need to hide. No one need to run away.

 

Maybe we can't be like before anymore. But we still can be together, without having to leave or avoiding each other.

 

"Hmm.... Do you know why they couldn't come today?" he asked as they're walking together while holding hands. He's holding the umbrella to make sure she won't get wet again.

"Huh? Um... Why?" she blinks, looking at him while tilting her head slightly.

"Uh..." his cheeks suddenly turn red, covering his mouth a bit while trying to find the right words. He feels so embarrassing yet Eunha still didn't understand.

"Because..."

 

 

 

"Help you?" both Taehyung and Jimin tilt their head, looking at him curiously. "Yeah.... Don't come to the amusement park tomorrow"

"Why?" Taehyung asked, still not getting the hint.

"Do you finally wanna tell her?!" Jimin asked excitedly and Taehyung got the hint now. "Seriously dude?!"

He nods shyly, scratching his head lightly. "Fighting! Don't let her go!"

Jungkook just laughed at his silly friends. "But why now?" they asked, feeling curious somehow.

"Just because...." he grinned, leaving his friends with no answer.

 


 

Hello! ^^ Thanks for subscribe and here's the oneshot for you :D Sorry for the grammar errors and all, hope you enjoy reading this ^^

- eunhana-