Tranquility

Rapture Wings
 
Chapter 00I
 
                     It was a freedom from the cessation of war and disturbance; quiet and tranquility. Children were running, chasing each other and giggling as they play hide and seek. Adults were enjoying their spare times with snacks, taking walks, breathing fresh air and minding their own businesses. This is the calmest place for him and his interest.
 
He smiled upon a child who was accidentally tripped and fell as he caught the kid, around ten, then dusting off to make sure there's no injury.
 
“Be careful next time,” he warned.
 
The boy frowned at his own embarrassment and shyly bow, “I'm so sorry, ahjussi,” he apologized to the taller man. Joshua keep his gentle image as he crouched down to reached the boy's eye-level and patted his head lightly.
 
“It's okay. Your friends are waiting, right?” he asked to disallowed the kid feeling guilty as he see him nodding as a response. He nodded at the group of elementary schoolers behind the kid; signaled him to go back to his friends. He agreed and left Joshua but not without waving.
 
Joshua waves in return while grinning then stood up on his feet, dusting his almost wrinkled school uniform. He glanced down his wristwatch and sighed, “Time for school,”
 
It was seven in the early morning of Monday and he had classes to attend.
 
He has been living on Earth for an exactly sixteen years and hiding his true formation from humans. He was sent to do a mission of protecting the world because there was a rumor saying demons may take revenge on humans since they're cowards to go facing the deity.
 
That's why he's still here. Waiting as years passed.
 
 
 
                            Once he arrived and stepped into his classroom, there was already noises scattered elsewhere. He wanted cotton buds to be stuffed in his ears right now and wished to tell them quiet down. However, nobody's going to listen.
 
Popularity? Clean reputation? Smartest?
 
Yes, he is. But his popularity dropped after his former fans had stopped chasing him. According to the girls, they called him mysterious and creepy because whenever they chased him after school ended, he always disappeared in a blink of an eye.
 
Fortunately, it was dark, so none of them suspected him to be an outsider.
 
He doesn't really care. His popularity doesn't matter. It's not like he would turned into a celebrity or something in the higher rank- except for his original race, he was famous amongst his fellows.
 
He went to his seat and immediately pulled out his novel to continue reading. When other teenagers were addicted to parties, alcohols, sociality, games, trendy stuffs, smartphones and much more; he finds those annoying and stupid.
 
Sometimes, he couldn't define what was invented on their brain.
 
Instead of socially communicated in wrong ways, he pressed himself more into bookworm clique and arranged things on his own. But that doesn't apply him to be serious 24 hours, of course he would have fun with outside activities.
 
In the halfway of reading the 30th chapter, he was greeted by his closest classmate, Seungcheol.
 
“Hey, what's up? How was your weekend?” he bobbed a couple of question as he sat on an empty table beside Joshua's while swinging his legs.
 
“Nothing much. Just wandered around the city. You?”
 
Seungcheol shrugged his shoulders with small pouty lips, “Yours are better. I stayed at home and playing my Xbox. It was supeeeeeeer boring,” he answered.
 
Joshua chortled as he left a blue template bookmark on the page he had paused reading and shut his book back under his table, “Shall we go bowling today?” he suggested. That suggestion brightened up the other's mood.
 
“Yes, definitely! I'll invite Jihoon and Soonyoung along,”
 
“Well, sure. I'm just hoping Soonyoung won't tagged his gag-trio members along...”
 
“Why not?! They're like entertainers,” the male replied with laughter of remembering a flashback when the three S gag-trios were embarrassing themselves by dancing Catallena during their last year's Prom Night.
 
Joshua pursed his lips and sighed in surrender, “Fine.”
 
 
 
                              A few seconds later, they heard a clicking footsteps making her way into their classroom, that caused Seungcheol and other loudest students to quickly runs back to their seats. They stayed silent.
 
She placed down her documents, files and books onto the teacher's desk with a cane on her right grip. She turned around, facing the students with her 30 degrees of makeups and spectacles. They stood up from their seats, alongside Joshua, to showed politeness.
 
“Good morning, Mrs. Kwon,” they said in unison.
 
“Good morning. Sit down,” she instructed and they did as they was told.
 
“Alright, everyone. Today, we have a new friend. Please welcome him well,” she announced then fixed her gaze at someone outside of the entrance, “Come in.”
 
Joshua was too engaged with the scenery outside of the windows until he heard an extreme unfamiliar yet it wasn't a typical voice of a man.
 
“Hello, I'm Yoon Jeonghan and just got enrolled here today. Please take care of me,”
 
In a sprint of second, he rotated his head to looks at the owner of that one magnificient voice. The new guy named Jeonghan had a long hair tied in loosen ponytail and from his first impression, he could tell this person is far away impossible to be a real human.
 
Is he... even a human?