pitter patter

infinite oneshots and drabbles

 

There was something Sungyeol loved about the rain. The way the raindrops sounded at night while he lay in bed, the way they bounced off his cheeks, soaking his clothes. The way he felt when he danced through the falling droplets without a care in the world, the biggest smile on his face, and his eyes tightly shut.

 

On the other hand, Myungsoo hated the rain. He hated how it made everything grey and gloomy, how it ruined his hair, how it made walking home from school uncomfortable. He especially hated how Sungyeol would always be stuck at home the next day, a fever from staying out in the rain for much too long.

 

“Who will I eat lunch with?” He would ask, poking Sungyeol through the blanket. “Who will I walk to class with? Who will waste my money on food!?”
His answer would always be a sneeze, and a mumble of curses, followed by a rough shove.
“Eat with someone else, you idiot!”

 

Myungsoo only liked eating with Sungyeol.
Myungsoo only liked going to class with Sungyeol.
Myungsoo only liked buying food for Sungyeol.

 

 

 

So maybe, just maybe, it was because of Sungyeol, that Myungsoo began joining him on his escapades into the rain. Dancing, laughing splashing each other, and ignoring the passer-bys’ disapproving looks.

And maybe it was because of Sungyeol that Myungsoo would stay up with him, both sick as dogs, sipping hot chocolate and throwing marshmallows at each other, listening to the raindrops.

 

Maybe, just maybe.
Myungsoo could never be too sure when it came to him.