Papers and Notebooks

Papers and Notebooks

Papers and notebooks.


I think that the most boring thing you could do in life is sit in a classroom full of dead kids while your professor bluff about some history stuff which no one's clearly interested to listen. You can't blame me for daydreaming. At times like this, clouds are even more interesting than listening. Trust me.

I think I was already on my third world, or imagine if you want to understand it easier, inside my head when somebody poked me with a pencil. I turned my head lazily to my seatmate and looked at him with dead eyes.

 

He looked devastated, I want to laugh.


He slid his notebook to my space and I read what he wrote. I swear, I'm really thankful that he's my seatmate. His note alone made me smile. That's really something considering that I'm already dying from boredom.


'I'm about to kill someone. Somebody get him out of this room.'


His messy writing said and I looked at him only to see him glaring at our professor.


'I already killed him. Twice in my head.'

 

I replied and returned his notebook. He smiled reading it.


'How did you killed him that he can still talk?'

'Just by knife'

'It's not reliable. He's perfectly alive'

'No , Soonyoung.'


That was when he laughed out loud. Gaining all the attention from the room. I'm not surprised. Even if he's writing, everyone would be anticipating what his writing would be. But this... is humiliating. He looked stupid.

"What's funny, Mr. Kwon?" Our little grumpy professor asked him. I swear I can see what's in his head. It's either he would throw soonyoung out, or humiliate him even more. That said, I think Soonyoung won't mind. Anything would be better than to be stuck listening to him continue talk in class.
"I was talking to myself sir." He smiled. And I saw almost all the girls in our room smile, obviously swooning at him.
"And what were you talking about with yourself? Mind sharing it in the room?" He's clearly annoyed.
"Just things. You know, for example, why am I so handsome?" Soonyoung answered and everyone in the room laughed. Now that's what we're talking about. I can't believe that my classmates are still alive. I thought they're already dead.
"Then you won't mind talking to yourself outside?" See? I'm right. He's throwing soonyoung out. And then again, I'm right. Soonyoung happily stood up and gathered his things, ready to go outside.
"No problem with me" He answered with delight. He was about to walk when I pulled his shirt, he looked at me confused.
"Don't leave me here" I whispered. He smiled knowingly.
"I won't mind you coming with me" He whispered back and held his hand out for me to take. Seriously? Am I seriously planning to cut class with him?
"I'll meet you outside?" I answered and he shrugged, putting his hand back to his pocket and walked out the room, even saluting to our professor who glared at him. When he walked out, our professor went on about how bad soonyoung is. That we shouldn't be like him, or be friends with him. I could only roll my eyes. When he realized that he was out of topic, he went back to history. Again. It's frustrating.

So the actress I am, put on a convincing act of being sick. I want to go and cut class but I'm going to do it with a more dignified way, my way. I'm not soonyoung who wants all the attention in the world.
"Sir, I would like to go to the clinic" I said with a groggy voice and looked at him with sleepy eyes as if I'm about to faint. It's not the first time I faked ill, I know he'll take the trap.
"Are you okay? Can you go alone? Please, somebody help her" He said and my friend infront, who knows that I'm faking it, rolled her eyes but went to me.
"Can you walk?" She sarcastically asked and I nodded weakly. We excused ourselves and when the door closed behind us, I was surprised to see soonyoung leaning on the opposite wall.

 

"Oh wow, you really did went ou- Holy , what happened to you?" He looked excited at first then dropped his bag looking concerned. I laughed, and my friend snickered beside me.
"How can you use your acting skills just to have a date with him in the middle of a class?" My friend said and crossed her arms. I blushed. I was about to protest but Soonyoung speak faster than me.
"Oh wow, that's acting? You looked like you were about to faint. I can't believe I fell for that" He said, I don't know if he's annoyed or amazed. I just smirked smugly at him. But really? Out of all the things my friend said, that's what he noticed?
"Oh God, can the two of you just go? I'm going back in" My friend said and I was left with Soonyoung, looking awkward than ever. It's not the first time I cut class, but It's the first with him. And I don't know what to do next. 

 

Soonyoung and I are not that close. We were seatmates for atleast three subjects but we only talk on class, mostly on papers and notebooks. He has his own set of friends, I've got mine. He's popular for being that goofy, silly, cute dancer that can be so hot at times, while I was that sneaky actress of drama club. We don't have a lot of chances to interact except on class.

 

"Should we?" He said, this time offering his arm for me to link. I looked at him dubiously as if saying 'you're not expecting me to hold you, right' and I think he got the meaning because he rolled his eyes.
"It won't hurt you, stupid" he said and reached for my arm, forcedly linking it to him.
"Whatever" I told him and that's how we walked around the school arm in arm.

 

At first we went to the canteen because he kept on whining about being hungry and he ended up treating me some food. We didn't talk much except about the plays I've done and competitions his dance crew have won. When we finished eating, that was when he decided to bring me on their practice room which no one goes to except for the school's official dancers, which aren't a lot.

 

"Oh, wow. I can't believe our school actually have a nice dance room" I said as I paced across the room, he just leaned on the door. Watching me amusedly. I know because I can see him on the mirror and I don't know if I should be flattered or be self-concious.
"This is actually the hardwork of the dance team. Half of the money we've won before goes to making this place better. Now, half of the room is mirrored and we have aircon" He explained proudly. Which he should be. This is his hardwork, anyway. Being the dance leader and all.
"Nice.  That means you're great" I said. I've never actually watched him or his crew dance before. It's either I'm in practice or I'm too lazy to watch school events.
"I'm the best, you mean" He said and I rolled my eyes on him. He really has a lot of confidence, does he not? It's both amazing and annoying at the same time. 
After walking around, I sat down on the middle of the room, and he sat there beside me.

"So what now?" I asked him, and he shrugged. I frowned at him. I didn't went out of class just to be bored again. Afterall, I cut class because it was boring.
"Think of something to do" He said and lie down on the floor. My frown deepened.
"No idea" I said and copied him. That was my mistake. I should've not. Because when I turned to look at him, he was looking right back at me. I didn't realize we were this close. And I didn't realize they were right. He was, is, afterall, so cute. His small eyes amazingly compliments his also small pinkish lips. Cute is even an understatement.
"I've always looked at you, and I still can't figure out why you're so beautiful to me" He muttered and that took my attention away from staring at him.
"Uh what?" I asked and all he did was sat up.
"I have an idea" He said and dug through his bag. I just looked at him confused. Still not recovered from what he said. A lot of people had told me I'm beautiful. Oh come on, I won't be humble about it. I'm a drama actress, looks is one of the ladders of being the best. But it was different went I heard it from him. So different.
"Let's play." He said and I frowned at him again.
"What could two people play?"
"A lot of things. Rock, paper, scissors? The loser would need to answer the winner's question" He said and grinned at me. I looked at him confusedly.
"If that's the game, what did you searched for in your bag?" I asked him and he held up his finger, swaying it back and forth as a sign of a no.
"Nu'uh. Not yet, I haven't lose yet so you can't ask me" He grinned and I just rolled my eyes at him. In the end, I agreed to play. And he lost in the first try.
"So what was in the bag?" I asked him.
"Papers and notebooks" He answered smoothly.
"And?" I pressed on.
"One question at a time, honey. Beat me again" He said and I glared at him. Though I can't look fully scary because I was hiding my blush. Did he just called me honey or my ears were playing games with me too?


"My turn" He grinned when I lost.
"Ask away" I said, looking confident.
"Is Seungcheol your boyfriend?" He asked, so straightforward. And I looked at him shocked.
"No! Where did you get that?" His smile widened at my answer and he shook his head.


"One at a time, Hae sung." He's obviously enjoying this. Then again, I lost.
"Do you like Seungcheol?" He asked, and I just looked at with bewildered. What on earth is he asking me?
"No! Soonyoung, what the heck?" He just shrugged, and continued with the game. I lost again.
"Is he courting you?" I glared at him.
"No. One more question about-" I haven't finished speaking when he moved closer to me. I backed away.
"Let's just keep playing. This is getting fun" He said and I don't know what his definition of fun anymore.


"Huh. My turn" I smugly said and he just shrugged, clearly confident.
"What's with the seungcheol related questions?" I asked him.
"Oh that? Rumors been flying around that you two are dating. You're pretty close, anyway" He answered, and somehow, his eyes kept on wandering around but not on mine. I didn't know that he was aware about that issue. Well, I don't even know that he cares enough to ask them. We were not that close to keep tracks about each other, atleast that's what I thought.


"Next round" He said and I lost.
"If he did court you, would you say yes?" I rolled my eyes at him.
"No" I simply answered and he was happy enough with my answer to move on the next round. I lost again. Damn it, why do I kept on losing?
"If I court you, would you say yes?" He asked it so fast that I don't know if I heard it right. Did I?
"What?"
"I said if I court you would you say yes?" He asked, looking straight at me. I just stared at him. I could hear my heart beating loudly. I wonder if he could hear it. Let's not joke around, I am attracted to Soonyoung. I could even go far to liking him. I mean, yep we're not close and all. But I know him and I've been sitting beside him all year. He has been my classmate since I don't know when so I could say that I know enough about him to like him. But I'm not gonna admit that through a stupid game. He has a lot of confessions to deal with everyday, he doesn't need mine.
"Maybe" I answered and averted my eyes so I don't know what his reaction was.


"Next round" He said and damn, I lost again. I'm starting to hate this game.
"Will you date me?" He asked and I looked at him shocked. Is he serious? I mean, I know that I like him. But it would be too cliche if he likes me back! That's not a good storyline.
"Hey" He snapped infront of me. I still didn't answer. Because I don't know what to answer. Is he being serious or is this a part of the game? If it is a part of the game, then does that mean it's not counted as a confession? Wait... Is he even confessing?
"Are you out of your mind? Are you drunk? Chocolate drink doesn't have alcohol content, right?" I asked, still shocked. And I saw his expression fell. He sighed.


"Next round" He said and smiled sadly at me. I was still so shocked that I just nodded. I won this time.
"Uhh... Uh..." I searched around for something to ask because my mind won't work anymore. He just shocked the hell out of me. That's when my eyes landed on his bag.
"What were you looking for in your bag earlier?" I asked as distraction and he sighed. Instead of answering right away, he took out what he was looking for. And just like what he said, it's papers and notebooks.

"uhh... What's that?" I asked and he pushed them infront of me.
"Take a look at it yourself" He sighed and looked away. And ofcourse, I did look at it. And I was surprised when I did.

 

They're papers and notebooks... containing our conversation... all year.

 

 

'Where are you?'
'Dreamland.'
'Can I go with you?'
'Nope. Travel your own.'

 


'His voice is so annoying.'
'Then don't listen.'
'Let me listen to your voice then'
'You'll love it'
'I already do'

 

 

'Tired?'
'Dancing is tiring'
'Then quit'
'Not gonna happen'

 


I scanned all of them and looked at him confused. My thoughts jumbled and I can't seem to process what's going on. I can't even form a sentence in my head.

 

Soonyoung. Papers. Like. Game. 

 

That was all I was thinking. I can't connect all of them but I know that I can. I was just trying not to. That was when he slid a notebook to me. The same notebook from earlier.


'How did you killed him that he can still talk?'
'Just knife'
'It's not reliable. He's perfectly alive'
'No , Soonyoung.' 

I read our conversation earlier, but what caught my attention was the writing at the bottom of it.


'I like you. Would you date me?"


"You planned this" Is what I said. He just smiled at me. But it was not his usual smile. It was a small, shy smile. It was as if all his confidence from earlier flew away. He's nervous. Holy ! Kwon Soonyoung, the great kwon soonyoung is nervous! I laughed. And he frowned.
"Why are you laughing?" He asked and I grinned at him.
"This is stupid. Did you actually asked me to cut class with you just to confess in this odd way?" I asked and he frowned.
"Nope. I got the idea when your friend said something about us dating. I was actually planning to confess to you this friday, after our performance on the holloween party. But I...uhhh... got excited earlier that I did it today. I swear, I've been thinking of ways to ask you out. But no offense, it was really hard. I even went too far on thinking of just joining drama club but I know that would be horrible because I can't act. And I-"
"Soonyoung, stop. You're blabbing" I said, laughing my off. He frowned again.
"Since when did you like me?" I asked after calming down and he shrugged, his cheeks turning really red. God, can he stop being so cute?
"I actually don't know. But it has been awhile. Maybe that time when we were partnered up for that science project?" He answered and my eyes were gonna popped out from their sockets. Science project?!
"That was two years ago!" I said and a smile re his face.
"Then I've liked you since two years ago" He said and I opened my mouth to say something but no word is forming. He is confessing.
"I don't know what to say" I honestly said and I heard him sigh.
"We could pretend this didn't happened you know" He said and I looked at him. He's smiling but I can see sadness from his eyes. I smiled. I took a pen from my bag and took the notebook where he put his stupid confession. Since I can't say my answer out loud, might as well write it. I pushed the notebook at him and he looked at me confusedly before looking at the notebook. His eyes widened.

"So I guess... We ended up dating just like what your friend say" He said after awhile, grinning from ear to ear. His eyes shining as if he could light ths whole school. I never saw him so good looking until now.
"No , Soonyoung" Is what I said before he took my hand and intertwined it with his.

 


History. Why do people need to study history? Okay, don't answer that. I already have enough listening to our boring professor. I don't need someone answering me with some stupid explanation about studying history. It would probably as boring as studying it. I would rather daydream.

I was already on my third destination, imagine if you like to call it, when a notebook slid infront me.


'Am I with you in which ever place you are in your head?'

 

It said and I smiled.

 

'Nope. You're here next to me'

 

I slid his notebook back and I saw from my peripheral view that he's smiling. That was when I felt his hand under the table and he intertwined it with mine. I don't think that history class would be so boring anymore.