3. A fools kiss

Love me without love

 

Authors note: Hello... it's been 3/4 months since the last update I have to blame school and laziness for that. Currently, I'm on vacation in Italy, therefore it's been difficult to update. However, my Soul twin, Lizz has been here to  help me post this chapter. Thanks to all those that helped me finish this chapter from my hiatus!


Seungcheol’s eyes fluttered open abruptly, he squints as his eyes slowly adjusted to the sunlight streaming through the trees. He breathes in deeply inhaling the fresh countryside ai-- wait what?


He snaps his head to side, but in the process, his shoulders give way and he falls on top of the haystacks with the weight of another body on his. He looks up to find himself inches away from the boy from yesterday.

Soft snores spells out the lack of a good night's sleep. The males face is illuminated with peace and something else he couldn’t quite place his finger on yet. He took a good look at the face of his companion, Junghan had said to believe in him, and the boy said he needed help so surely he can't bring in trouble, right? Seungcheol wasn't so certain now, as he lay on his back facing the sleeping boy, their lips barely millimetres away from each other. He could feel his heartbeat radically beating against his ribcage.

All of a sudden, a low mumble comes from the boy sleeping on top of Seungcheol. Seungcheol edges closer trying to see if he can make sense of what the other is mumbling. "Sarang,"

"Sarang?" Seungcheol asks back to no one in particular, he frowns as he looks at the younger boy, just who was this Sarang girl? He frowns and leans forward so that he had his ear against the younger boy’s mouth trying to understand what it was he was saying, except all he feels is the boy’s breath coming closer and closer until his ear grows fuzzy and warm. Seungcheol quickly moves his head  bringing a hand to his ear, pupils expanding in surprise for he had just felt the boy’s lips kiss his ear. Seungcheol looks back at the boy as he feels his cheeks grow warmer as a cherry blush replaces the original pale skin.

 

Before he knew it, the boy was drawing him in unconsciously, Seungcheol leans in closer trying to hear what his lips were uttering. A sudden cough takes Seungcheol by surprise and he finds his lips on top of the younger boy's, just in time for the younger to open his eyes, all traces of sleep slowly seeping away. Both males’ eyes widen in a comical manner as they realise what had happened.

 

Noticing his body on top of Seungcheol's he gets up in a hurry, the younger of the two pushes Seungcheol away as he brings his sleeve to his lips and harshly rubs them trying to get rid of all traces of the unexpected kiss.

 

Glaring at Seungcheol, the boy points his index finger at Seungcheol accusingly, “You! Just what do you think you were doing? Did I not tell you to not take advantage of me?!”

 

A cough interrupts them and Seungcheol looks away before the boy can get his answer and calls out to the Ahjussi who was unloading his van.

 

“Erm, Mr Ahjussi where are we?”

 

“Ah you both are finally awake, sorry I had to be called home suddenly so I'm making a stop in Makpo,”

 

“Makpo?!” The two young men exclaim in unison.

 

The old man let's out a small chuckle, “Yes Makpo, you won't be finding any vehicles at this time however,”

 

Seungcheol frowns and looks back at his companion, “Is there no way…?”

 

“I'll head back down there tomorrow night so you are more than welcome to stay with me until then?”

 

Seungcheol snaps his attention back to the elderly man, “Erm…”

 

The elder man laughs softly. “My house is perfectly safe, I for one am not an old disgusting ert or e,  I'm married and I live with my wife and dog,”

 

Seungcheol nudges his companion waiting for his answer. The boy who had stayed silent all this time had been in deep thoughts thinking about whether or not Makpo was safe away from his kidnappers. “Alright, we will stay, thank you,” he replies after a moment of deadly silence.

 

The old man smiles, as he places the last box down, “Alright, come this way,”

 

Seungcheol gets up from his awkward position on the floor and moves to leave the van, turning back to offer a hand to his companion. The later huffs and knocks his shoulder into Seungcheol but stops walking as he edges close to the end. The gap between the van and ground is too big for his petite body so he places his hand on Seungcheol's.

 

Seungcheol smiles and pulls himself off of the van and gently helps the younger male down. The elderly man smiles at the scene and signals the two boys to follow him into his house.

 

“Ahjussi, do you need help carrying the boxes?” Seungcheol calls out.

 

The elder man shakes his head and calls back. “The village boys will collect their own boxes,”

 

Seungcheol nods in understanding and walks until he stops to check  if his companion is following him. In his abrupt decision to stop, the younger of the two walks straight into his broad chest, resulting in a loud, “oomf,” the young male falls to the floor startled at having to stop suddenly.

 

Seungcheol whips his head around and stares at where his companion was a second ago. His frown deepens when he realizes he's no longer there.

 

“Yah! I’m here!! Look down, you idiot,”

 

“What are you doing down there?” Seungcheol enquires looking down in awe.

 

“The amazing Lee Jihoon, is waiting for a knight in shining armour, what do you think?”

 

“Don't you have a sense of balance at all?”

 

“No, you could have warned me!”

 

“Well, I'm sorry. Next time I'll speak to a fortune teller  so i’ll know when I’ll make sudden stops,” Retorts Seungcheol, smirking as he knows Jihoon won't argue.

 

And indeed the younger rolls his eyes and looks away.

 

“Would you like your knight in shining armour to help you up?”

 

Jihoon looks up and raises his eyebrows, “Yes, but where is he?” he questions looking around at everything except Seungcheol.

 

“Look up! It's me, of course,”

 

“Please, you? You're anything but a knight and especially not one in shining armour,”

 

“Hey, that's not true, I'll prove it to you,”

 

Jihoon dismisses Seungcheol's claims with a wave of his hands before he stops and holds out his hand, “You can start of by lifting me up-”

 

Not allowing Jihoon to reply, Seungcheol quickly pulls him to his feet. Seungcheol begins to let go of the other’s hand. He steps back to follow Ahjussi but trips on the step and holds the first thing he can find. Lee Jihoon. The two boys fall again and Seungcheol groans. Seungcheol's groan slowly comes to a stop as he lays speechless, a familiar pair of lips on his, and a body holding his stronger more built body with all his might.

 

Ho, why is Jihoon becoming more appealing by the second?

 

Jihoon's eyes widen a second time and he rolls over quickly so that he is laying next to Seungcheol and not on top, “Ouch, that was a hard fall… are you okay?”

 

Seungcheol snaps out of his daze.  ‘Funny,’ thought Seungcheol.  ‘Jihoon isn't jumping down at my throat for having supposedly taken advantage of him.’

 

Seungcheol turns to Jihoon and nods. “My back feels sore but nothing should be broken.”

 

Jihoon remains silent but gets up on his feet and offers the elder his hand, which Seungcheol takes gratefully and he pulls himself up.

 

Seungcheol wobbles a bit as he finds his balance and slowly begins to follow  the old man to his house, but he stops as he feels a hand snake around his waist to support him into the room.  

 

“Erm…”

 

“Don't get any ideas, the old man mentioned to me that his wife doesn't like bachelors, so-”

 

“Lads!”

 

Jihoon's statement comes to a sudden halt as they both look at each other before staring at the door in front of them. There stood an old women, dressed in a moderate amount of clothing, smiling at them. “My dearest Ahjussi  mentioned to me about the love birds who ran off to get married.”

 

Jihoon tightens his hold on Seungcheol's waist as though proving a point, and Seungcheol feels himself slowly smiling regardless of the strange situation.

 

“Come on in, I prepared the guest room when my husband mentioned he was stopping by tonight.” She walks off into the house and Jihoon helps Seungcheol as they quicken their steps. The lady stops out of the blue and turns to gaze at the couple with her eyebrows raised quizzically, “You guys are actually getting married right?”


"Of course ma’am, this is my bunny boo~," says Seungcheol as he feels a shudder go down his spine. Why did that sound like the calling of Satan before all hell broke lose? Choi Seungcheol just what have you got yourself into to?