1. Daegu to Busan

Love me without love

“Calling all passengers, Train 1-4-3 from Daegu to Busan, will leave soon. I repeat, passengers board the train 1-4-3 from Daegu to Busan.” A voice bellows through the intercom in the train station.

The train sound resonated as people bustled, through the busy February evening. The platform buzzed, as people rushed around trying to ensure they didn't miss their train, or as they attempted to leave the train before it rattled on. The platform grew busier, couples holding hands, running around, avoiding other couples. It would be an understatement to say that the train station was busy, because there was hardly any walking space.

 

In the midst of it all, a lone figure sat with his knee up to the chest, his arms tightly wrapped around his body. It was almost as though if he held them any less tighter, his knees would give in and collapse so his limbs all tangle into one big mess. If he did loosen however, it would just illustrate how sunken his world was at the current moment.

The young man's attire consisted of black skinny jeans, black hoodie under which he had a white long t-shirt that was punctured with holes. To finish his outfit he sported black gloves with holes showing rough fingers. On his back, was a leather backpack.

 

He lets out a deep sigh, as he stares at the floor, and suddenly his head shoots up, when he hears the siren sign.

“1-4-3, shall now leave, please make sure you have your luggage with you at all times. We will not be responsible…”

The train was slowly trudging its way across the train tracks, the screeching of worn out tires, echoing through the atmosphere.

 

“!” The young man jumps up from his comforting place on the solitary bench, and he began to run towards, the train which had picked up its speed. He began to pick up his pace, as he skidded across the station, doing all he can to ensure he didn’t miss the train.

 

Please, don’t mis-

 

Suddenly, as though the world had hit, a slow replay button, the boys sees a hand coming out of the train, he frowns, confused, until he heard a voice.

“Hurry, and grab on to me,” The voice was soft, almost a whisper until he repeated his phrase, more urgently.

Startled, but glad to see that he may not be missing the train after all; the young protagonist was pulling his weight and running a little more, closing the distance between the train and himself. The arm of his helper extends out, and as he gnaws the skin of his inner cheek, the young man also extends his own arm out.

Within a few seconds, their arms collided, and finally their hands found harsh harmony before the young man, is pulled up into the train with great strength..

 

The male lets out a long sigh as he looks at the floor, waiting for his breath to return.

“Phew-Thank you, I-” He says, bowing lowly, in gratitude.

“It’s nothing, don’t worry about it,”

“Oh,” The young man whispers, finding the source of the sudden great strength that pulled him in.

 

His saviour wasn’t one, but two young men, both looking a good few years older than him. The first looking fragile and petite, whilst the other was more on the muscular side. The fragile looking male was smiling down at him and, if he wasn’t already in love, this would have been one of the brightest and almost blinding smiles he had ever seen. He was wearing what looked to be his boyfriend’s, are they both even together? hoodie, with ripped black skinny jeans to compliment his figure. The other male adorned a simple black and white striped t-shirt, his jumper hanging loosely around his neck, sporting similar jeans as the first male, though not ripped.

 

“I was actually helping you initially, but then my friend here decided to pull you in,”

The youngest of the three raises his eyebrows, surprised he knew what he was shocked about.

“Boyfriend, actually. And why are we speaking out here? Shall we go in?” He asks, as he wraps his arms around his boyfriend, the shorter of the two, the couple leading the way.

The protagonist smiles slightly confused, yet walks behind them into the first cabin that is empty.

 

The couple sit down on the side that has luggage already placed in the courier above their heads. The youngest stands by the cabin uncertain, neither able to enter the room nor leave it. He stands awkwardly, before the tallest of the couple looks at him.

“You can sit down, we don’t bite,” He states smiling, gesturing to the space opposite him. The youngest male nods before he plops down on the vacant bench. He pulls his hoodie tighter, hugging his body slowly as he feels a sudden breeze hit the cabin. The young man opposite him gets up and closes the window, leaning over his partner and making him look smaller, more vulnerable if possible. He sits back down, with the same smile as before, big and inviting.

“We were actually watching you, you know?”

 

Watching me? That sounds almost like something J-

 

“That sounds, creepy, Ji”

“J-Ji?” The younger male prods with a question, slightly flustered hearing the word utter from someone else’s lips.

“It’s just his nickname; his name is Jimin, Park Jimin. And I’m Jeon Jungkook,”

“Soon to be Jeon Jimin,” Jimin answers, a bright cheek-to-cheek grin adorning his face.

 

“You’re engaged?”

“Yeah, we’re to be married next month. We’re heading over to our best friends’ place, the wedding will be held there,” Jimin says shyly, as he lays his head onto his fiancé’s shoulders. His head fits perfectly, the couple looking like they were meant to be.

 

The perfect height difference. Just like what we had...

 

The young boy nods, “You guys look like you meant to be,”

Jimin turned flustered cherry red, and Jungkook grins, showing his trademark, a bunny grin.

“Thank you… but can I ask?” Jungkook asks.

The young boy hums in response, “sure?”

 

“Why are you so lonely on Valentine’s day? Everyone is with their loved ones travelling somewhere sweet… but you are all alone. When Jimin said he watched you… he meant we watched you together... and I was aware of the fact that you were at the train station at least an hour ago,”

The youngest squirms in his seat, not liking where this was headed. He had his head hung low, eyes trained on his hands that were clutching the hem of his hoodie tightly.

“Can we know why? I mean, you didn’t move from your seat until the train started to drive off…” Jungkook trails off, not knowing if he had crossed a boundary, because the young boy was not looking happy in the slightest.

 

Another awkward pause. Should I make a run for it?

 

“You don’t have to tell us, Kookie, he-”

“No,”

“Hey no, its fine, Kookie stepped over a boundar-”

“No… erm… I don’t mind answering the questions.” He takes a deep breath.

 

“My…” A pause, he his lips as they turn unnaturally dry. “My name is Seungcheol. Choi Seungcheol,”



Author's babble: 
First chapter is up! Thanks for the subs, upvotes and comments!
I appreciate everything this story has been getting!
I will work hard to see this story til the end~
How did you like the surprise entrance of Jimin and Jungkook (BTS)?
What do you think will happen next?
Do you like the pace the story is going at so far?

The next few chapters are flashbacks! Mentioned in the trailer!

Until next time!
XOXO,
Abi