Chapter 2

Geek-a-Tron 2.7 & Mr. Jooh-Bear

Today was a good day. A great day even, for Joohyuk. The sun was out and he got a good night's sleep. He woke up at a decent time and got himself a good breakfast with time to spare. Joohyuk felt great, that's all there is to it.

On his way to school, he met up with one of his four friends, Wenhan as they lived in the same neighborhood. The two chatted about everything and nothing.

“Why’re you so chipper today? It’s freaking MONDAY.” Wenhan rose a brow at his friend, a small scowl on his face.

Joohyuk only shrugged with a content smile, “Today feels like it’s gonna be a good one. I feel it in my lanky bones.” He shook his arms wildly as he laughed.

“Man, you’re weird…”

“Hey!”

“Kidding, man.”

“Rude.”

“Oh, stop being a baby.”

 


 

Upon arriving to school, Wenhan and Joohyuk had met up with two of the other three, Seulgi and Wheein. Blinking owlishly, Joohyuk looked around them. “Hey, where’s Joshua?”

Wheein spoke up after putting her phone away, “I think he’s with his group. I heard him talking in the choir room with Jeonghan and Seungcheol.”

“Yeah, I think their whole crew is getting together to perform for the showcase.” Seulgi said as she stood next to Wheein.

“Ah ah! That reminds me, I have to get together with mine too. I was going to get Hwasa but she was busy on the phone and it sounded important.” Wheein let out a small sigh.

Joohyuk laughed as he looked at his friends, “Man, when you’ve got no talent but every one of your friends do.”

Wenhan followed in with laughter. “Dude, you fit in anyway even if you don’t do what we do. We don’t care.”

“That makes me feel better. Kinda.”

Seulgi snorted as she started walking again, “Come on, class is starting soon. We’ll see you later, Joohyuk.”

“Later.” Joohyuk hiked up his backpack and waved as the four of them split up to go to their respective classes. With a slight bounce in his step, he made his way to his own class. He didn’t talk to a lot of his classmates in this class. A lot of them seemed to have their own friend groups and he’d rather not intrude. But there was one person he wanted to get to know.

Son Hwamin.

He always seemed to find her with a book or on a computer when he spotted her. The boy would've started a conversation with her but she looked content by herself that he didn't want to bother her. Maybe she didn't like to interact with people so he took that into consideration and let her be.

Today was no different. Joohyuk noticed her immediately in her seat with a book in hand and her glasses perched upon her button nose. A smile graced itself upon Joohyuk's face as he made his way to his own desk, fourth row third seat from the wall. Just like any other day, he'd rather watch her read in content than break her peace.

 


 

The bell rang to signal the end of the class and Joohyuk hand been staring out the window for the last couple minutes of it. Literature wasn't that exciting and he was surprised he hadn't been on his phone the entire period for once. His fingers fiddled with his pencil as he watched to rest of his classmates pack their belongings and head out for their next class.

Joohyuk found his eyes wandering to the girl tucking away her books and standing up, the last to leave the classroom. Her head was tucked down and she walked out, not a sound made. This made Joohyuk frown. He was hoping he’d get the chance to talk to her before she left but that proved to be wrong. Maybe she was in a hurry.

With a small sigh, the male placed his notebook and pencil into his backpack before slinging it over his shoulder and walking out of the classroom.

 


 

Fourth period ended rather quickly and it was time to head to the cafeteria for Joohyuk. He met up with Seulgi on the way and the two of them walked together. Once they got their food, the two of them sat with the other three.

“Hey guys.”

“Good afternoon.”

“Sup.”

Joohyuk placed a piece of chicken into his mouth as he let Wheein talk.

“So, you guys joining in on the showcase?” She asked after she swallowed a bite of rice. “We all know Joshua is.”

Wenhan took a sip of his drink before nodding, “Yeah, how is that going for you guys? Your team has a lot of people.”

Joshua shrugged, “I think we’re doing fine. We have a lot down for our performance so this week, we’re gonna take a small break until Thursday. Hopefully this performance will go well. Seungcheol, Jeonghan and I have an idea we want to use but we need to consult the other eight first.” He raked a hand through his hair, “Besides, I’m sure Soonyoung and the other dancers have to give the okay since they choreographed everything.”

Seulgi clapped with a grin, “I’m really excited for this. All the students here are really talented.”

“Save for me.” Joohyuk pouted as he nibbled on some fries.

“Oh come on, you’re photogenic. You’re really good at modeling and stuff.” Wenhan pat his friend’s shoulder.

“I guess, but everyone else has some musical talent here. What’s an actor or model gonna do in a showcase?” Joohyuk gave the other four an incredulous look.

Seulgi frowned as she tried to comfort Joohyuk. “It’s alright, Joohyuk. If you don’t want to join, you don’t have to. I heard GOT7 and Lovelyz aren’t performing.”

“I’m not sure how that’s supposed to make me feel better…”

"Hey! You're barely older than the rest of us. Can it, hag."

“Don’t make me hit you.”

Loud voices rang through the already bustling cafeteria. Multiple heads turned in the direction to see a dark-haired boy arguing with a short-haired blonde girl while a boy with a snap-back was laughing and an ebony-haired girl with glasses who had her head turned away.

Joshua sighed and ducked his head down. “It’s Wonwoo…”

“And Hwasa.”

Wenhan craned his neck and grinned, “My boy B.I.’s over there too.”

Joohyuk pulled the spoon from his mouth and looked over to the table everyone was staring at. He almost dropped the spoon when he turned his head. “It’s her.”

“Who?” Joshua asked as he looked back at the table his friend was at. His eyes spotted Hwamin immediately as her head was now against the table to hide from the attention her table was receiving. “Oh, you mean Hwamin?”

“Yeah… Her. I always catch her alone except for in PE when she’s always with Jeonghan and Mingyu. I’ve been trying to talk to her since the semester started because she looked kinda lonely but life kinda makes it hard. She’s really interesting.” Joohyuk propped his arm up onto the table and rested his head upon it while playing with his food.

Joshua rose a brow with a small laugh, “She’s cool. I’ve worked with her a few times in a math class and she comes over to the apartments to hang out with the rest Seventeen.”

Wenhan snorted while finishing his tray of food. “By the looks of it, I think you’re starting to get the hots for her. Not gonna lie, she is pretty cute. The guys and I went to hang out with her brother and his group at her house and she was nice and chilled with us. She’s pretty close with Sungjoo and Yibo too.”

Joohyuk frowned, a light pink dusting his cheeks as he retorted, “I do not like her like that. I mean, she is pretty but I don’t know her that well. Maybe if we ever get to talking I’ll be able to get to know her.”

“This is so cute. Can I play matchmaker?? PLEASE?” Wheein clasped her hands together.

“Totally, me too!”

“…Did everything I just said go in one ear and out the other?”

“Probably.”

“I’m sorry. :(“

 


Yes, I DID reference Hoshi and Seungkwan's Andromeda Ep. 19 where Joshua says "I'm sorry" to Seungkwan. 00:45 seconds.