Chapter 1

Geek-a-Tron 2.7 & Mr. Jooh-Bear

It was Monday. Mondays were dreaded. It meant school and today, Hwamin was definitely not having it.

A first off, she woke up late because she found out her dog had accidentally unplugged her alarm clock. Second, she had tripped over her baby brother's box of wipes while walking with a cup of coffee, making her change her outfit. Then some guy sat next to her on the bus and annoyed the ever living life out of her. A total sleaze-bag.

A typical bad day.

Upon arriving to school, Hwamin shoved her earbuds into her ears and played some music. There was about an hour before classes actually began and she wanted to relish in the tranquility before the other students came in. She made her way into the computer lab and sits at one of the desktop computers, inserting a USB drive and a floppy disk into the computer.

She'd been working on a program for a machine she wanted to invent. Her older brother, Hyunwoo encouraged her to do what she wanted, just like he did. He was a rookie idol with six other boys whom she had met briefly. Hyunwoo had told her that if she wanted to be an inventor and to create things that helped the population than he would support her. Not only was her dream practical in the sense of making a living, it helped people.

Soon enough time flew by and it was time for her to head to her first class. Literature. The thought made her groan. She was extremely terrible with the subject and even when she struggled, Hwamin refused to ask for help. Maybe it was her pride, maybe it was her fear of authority figures. Not even she knew.

Reaching the classroom, Hwamin took her assigned seat next to the window in the second row. Even though she despised the class, sitting in the front would help her focus and not doze off in class. She'd rather be stated down by the teacher than get yelled at by them for falling asleep.

Students started filling the halls as she began to get herself prepared for class. A notebook, a pencil and a text sat upon the wooden top. With a sigh, the girl placed her glasses on and pulled out another book; manga. She would much rather look at the detailed drawings than sentence after sentence about nothing. Hwamin tuned out the noise of her classmates filling into the classroom. If she hadn't than maybe she would've noticed the tall boy glance at her with a ghost of a smile.
Just maybe.


Lunchtime came around after a few hours and Hwamin had met up with her three friends. Wonwoo slung an arm around the short girl's shoulders as they took their seats.

"Man, science is brutal. Why won't you help me, Hwamin??" The dark haired male whined.

Hwamin frowned, "Because me doing your stoichiometry problems isn't help, it's cheating and you won't learn."

"But come ooooon! You're a science whizz! I won't make you do my homework, you'd probably explain it better than Mrs. Ahn and I’d get it in a heartbeat!" Wonwoo pleaded, rubbing his hands together.

Hanbin cackled as he watched Wonwoo and Hyejin rose a brow. She shook her head, "Wonwoo, you're such a kid."

"Hey! You're barely older than the rest of us. Can it, hag."

"Don't make me hit you."

Hwamin sighed and looked to Hanbin. "Why're we friends with them?"

"No idea. But I'm having fun."

“Guys, people are starting to stare and not for the usual reasons…” Hwamin tilted her head down and used her hair to cover her face though everyone knew these friends pretty well.

“Sorry tiny…” Wonwoo rubbed the back of his head.

“I’m not that short.” Hwamin muttered.

Hyejin just gave the girl’s shoulder a pat from across the table. “It’s okay, Hwamin. I’m not that much taller than you. I know your pain with these two towers.”

Hwamin only shoved a piece of bulgogi into and huffed as the other three discussed their talents and audition pieces for the valentine’s showcase. She let out a small sigh. Her three friends had talents in the performing arts. Her only talent was being able to pull apart machines and put them back together rather quickly. Hyejin could sing and rap, Wonwoo could rap and dance, and Hanbin could rap and compose.

Hwamin had not a musically-inclined bone in her little body. She was tone-deaf and a bit uncoordinated. Her creativity didn’t help with lyrics or dance moves but created objects of metal and plastic instead. The other three encouraged her to at least audition. They felt she needed to do something more but Hwamin would rather sit down at her desk and read manga or draw up blueprints for a robot that’ll help with everyday life.

This was going to be a long Monday.