- Beg

Call Me When You're Sober
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Key’s back slammed against the wall of the bar’s grimy bathroom with enough force to leave him breathless. His hips pressed forward away from the wall, trying to find any source of friction from the man in front of him. He he breathed out sharply as the stranger bit his bottom lip, it between his lips.

Everything was happening so fast.

The night began in Key’s apartment, where his longstanding girlfriend of three years, Luna, had told him that she had cheated on him. Key remembered the feeling of his heart falling through his stomach and the bile rising in his throat.  Luna said that she was sorry for hurting him, but that she knew that her apology meant nothing. Key swallowed back tears and practically begged her to stay, saying that he was in love with her and he could forgive her. I can’t, she whispered. Key remembered standing numbly as Luna told him about Krystal, the girl she cheated on him with. She claimed it was more than just a one-night stand and that she really did have feelings for Krystal. Key sneered and asked Luna if she was gay. She refused to make eye contact when she said she didn’t love him anymore. With those words, Key left the apartment and slammed the door.

Key couldn’t remember getting a cab or going to the bar. He couldn’t remember ordering shot after shot or the tears that mixed with his alcohol. In fact, the only thing he could remember was the man in the corner. He noticed the stranger staring at him at about shot five, but thought nothing of it because he was used to receiving attention from men and women alike. Key didn’t mind. He enjoyed attention. He was comfortable enough with his uality to accept compliments from men, even if he wasn’t attracted to them—and he felt confident that he could turn away any advances that he didn’t want.

However, the man in th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter