Final

Promise

Promise

 

 

 

"Luhan, are you sure about this? It's almost 5 months worth of your income...of your hard work..." Minseok murmured, frowning as he stared at the beautiful and intricate gold watch that his best friend was delicately holding.

"I don't know Minseok ah, but I do know that he really wants this. He has been researching on this watch for months now and last night I caught him counting how much more he has to save before he can actually afford the watch." Luhan pouts, putting the watch back into its casing before simply staring at the watch as though the watch would be able to help him make up his mind. He and Minseok have been in the shop for nearly an hour now and Luhan still wasn't able to decide if he was going to buy the watch.

"But Luhan, he's so young. He doesn't need such an expensive watch. You're spoiling him." Minseok says disapprovingly. 

"And you wonder why Jongdae calls you unromantic..." Luhan whispers, lips curling into a small playful smirk.

"Hey I heard that!"

 


"I can't believe I bought it minnie. My heart hurts. I can feel it's tears. I've never spent so much money in my life." Luhan cradles the package in his hands dearly like a new born baby.

"Those are your tears, Luhan ah." Minseok snickers, before pretending to wipe tears off Luhan's face, yet earning little attention from him. "Oh come on, cheer up. I'll treat you to your favourite dessert okay? Enough with that pout." Minseok sighs, forcefully pulling the sides of Luhan's mouth into a smile. This led to a genuine smile before the both of them started laughing at how immature they were behaving. "That's right, no more frowning." 

 


Luhan stares at the chocolate patbingsu in front of him, "Waaah, thank you minnie! This looks so yummy..." He trailed off before shoving a huge spoonful in his mouth. "Mmhm...this...is...delicious!" Luhan exclaims, taking another spoonful and shoving it into Minseok's surprised mouth. Minseok chewed thoughtfully before nodding, eyes wide in amazement at the tasty dessert. 

Luhan was able to eat happily for a while until he remembered the five figure watch he just purchased and his frown grew again. "Minnie ah...what if sehunnie doesn't like the watch?" He asked doubtfully, eyes glowering at the sleek black box placed beside him, as though it was an enemy. 

"You were the one thats so confident that he wanted the watch, lulu. Why are you suddenly feeling doubtful? Your anniversary is tomorrow anyway, if he doesn't like it, just return it and throw the money in his face. Who doesn't like money?" Minseok says simply as he continues eating his own bingsu.

"I'm telling Jongdae to break up with you I swear to God..." Luhan threatens, narrowing his eyes as he eats his bingsu with much less vigour than before. "I think he'll like it..." He whispers to himself. "At least I hope so." 

 


When he got home, Sehun was in the living room watching some music program. Luhan quickly hid the box in his bag before Sehun could turn over to greet him. "Luhannie! Babe you're back! Where have you been?" Sehun walks over and presses a soft kiss onto Luhan's head before pulling him down onto the couch so they could snuggle and watch the television together. 

"Sehunnie~ let me at least wash up first okay?" Luhan kissed Sehun's neck softly before getting up and rushing to their bedroom. He made sure to lock the door so that Sehun wouldn't catch him in the midst of his act. Luhan had printed a picture of the both of them kissing in front of seoul tower and decided to use the back as a card. He pondered hard on what to write, before settling for a simple

"Dearest Sehunnie,

The moment I saw you I knew you would be important to me, however, I didn't know you would be this important. I will never want anyone other than you because I love you so much! The day I found out you loved me back is forever the happiest day of my life. No man can make me feel the way you do, Sehunnie. I love you with all my heart, and I hope we stay together for more years to come! (Hopefully forever)

From your lovely Luhannie"

He smiled as he read the letter over and over again. It was a simple letter and there wasn't any amazing poetry or whatever, but it was genuine just like what Luhan's personality was. He placed the picture inside the box together with the watch and wrapped the box in a gorgeous metallic gold wrapper. Just as he heard footsteps progressing towards the door, he quickly tucked the box under the bed and hid the remaining wrapping paper in his drawer. 

A knock was heard. "Luhan?" Sehun asked, confused since Luhan doesn't usually lock the door. "Lulu~?" In the midst of hurrying, Luhan quickly pulled his shirt and jeans off before running to the washroom to sprinkle some water on his face. 

"Coming Sehun!" He shouted back before cursing under his breath and wetting his face more. He slung a towel around his neck before opening the bedroom door. "I'm sorry, I didn't realized I had locked the door. " Luhan said sheepishly before stepping off to the side so that Sehun could enter. The younger boy innocently nodded his naive head before stretching his limbs wide on the bed like a lazy cat.

"Luhannie..." Sehun said in the whiniest voice he could muster. "Cuddle with me. Come here. I want to sleep." Before Luhan could even reply, Sehun stood up and pulled Luhan down onto the bed. Sehun took off his own clothes leaving him clothed in only boxers and proceeded to pull Luhan into his chest with arms and legs wrapped around his boyfriend.

Luhan sighed into his chest with a small smile tugging at his lips. At times like this he truly wondered if he was dating a man or a needy child, but Luhan still wouldn't choose him any other way.

 


When Luhan woke up he was no longer in the endearing embrace that he had fallen asleep in, he frowned, patting around the bed. "Sehunnie...? Sehunnie where are you?" He asked in his cute, mumbling morning voice. A small head peeked out of the bathroom with a toothbrush in its mouth. 

"Mm 'm here." Sehun replied, winking before going back into the bathroom. A spitting sound along with the sound of water was heard before Sehun stepped out wearing sweatpants and a tank top. "Sorry babe, can't have breakfast with you today." He frowns apologetically as he throws on a snapback and checks himself out in the mirror. 

"Hmm? Where are you going?" Luhan asks sleepily, nuzzling his face against Sehun's pillow. 

"Dance studio. See you tonight, love you." Sehun presses a quick kiss onto Luhan's head before running off. A sound of the door locking was heard and Luhan was ready to go right back to bed, when he jolted back up, this time, a hundred percent awake.

"It's our anniversary today..." Luhan whispers to himself, checking his watch for the date. He sits himself upright and knitted his brows. "I'm not crazy am I? Am I still dreaming?" He does the first thing on his mind and presses buttons he knows all too well.

"Luhan, why are you calling me? Shouldn't you be having sweet, anniversary morning now?" Minseok's teasing voice resonated in the room. 

"Minnie...he forgot." Luhan chokes as tears started to slowly make their way down his cheeks. "He forgot."

"I'll be there in 10." Minseok's voice was firm yet consoling at the same time.

"O-okay. Bring Jongdae, I miss him." Luhan hung up before he threw his phone on the bed. He turned towards Sehun's pillow and glared at the offending item, as though Sehun's head was there. 

How dare he forget their third anniversary. What's next? Sehun forgets that he has a boyfriend? And to think that Luhan put way too much effort into his anniversary present. He burnt a hole in his wallet for nothing! That ungrateful brat, Luhan thought, he surely isn't getting some anytime soon. As he thought about ways to torture his boyfriend as soon as he got home, a doorbell was rung, bringing him out of his thought.

 


"Ya! Luhan! Get your changed!" Minseok shouted as he quickly covered Jongdae's eyes, shooting a glare at Luhan. Luhan groaned, looking down at his polka dotted underwear that he was wearing. It wasn't as if the members haven't seen each other in such states before. Luhan trudged back to his room to get changed while Minseok and Jongdae made themselves comfortable on the couch.

"I'm hungry...can we buy snacks later on?" Jongdae was resting his head on Minseok's chest. He turned around to face the elder as he pouted, trying to use aegyo to get what he wanted. 

"Babe, you're gonna have a sore throat if you continue eating snacks. As the main vocal, please control your snacking. " Minseok played with Jongdae's newly permed hair while refusing the persistent boy. 

"One snack wouldn't hurt.." Jongdae pouted even further and blinked his eyes. "Pleasee~" he begged, placing a kiss on Minseok's chubby cheek.

"Fine. But only one, understand?" Minseok couldn't help but smile at the bright smile plastered on his boyfriend's face. He pressed a kiss onto Jongdae's forehead when a coughing sound was heard.

"Excuse me, I invited the both of you here to comfort me while I sob in your arms. Stop flirting! It's my anniversary, not yours!" Luhan threw a fit and sat himself right smack in the middle of Minseok and Jongdae. 

"What do you want me to do, you don't look sad anymore." Minseok said truthfully, scowling a little as he was separated from his lover, earning a smack on the knee from said lover. 

"Hyung, be more sensitive!"

Luhan threw his arms around Jongdae dramatically as he fake sobbed into his chest. "That's right my little Jongdae, only you understand how I feel. Your boyfriend is useless, why are you even dating him? We should be dating instead." Luhan felt Jongdae's soft hands his head. 

"Hyung, I will teach Sehun a lesson. You don't deserve this." 

"Ya! Cut it out you two. Don't push it, Luhan." Minseok pulled Luhan out of his boyfriend's hold. "Are you ever gonna tell us what happened or what?" In a split second, all the ruckus had stopped and the couple was in serious listening mode, only nodding when necessary while Luhan explained everything in detail.

"I guess he really forgot then, I heard from Yixing that Sehun purposely scheduled today to work on the new dance with Jongin. The choreographer wanted it this weekend but Sehun insisted on today. " Jongdae said thoughtfully. He placed a comforting hand on Luhan's thigh. 

"Maybe he'll remember sometime throughout the day and give you a call? It's still morning after all. Don't lose hope yet! Sehun is very busy recently too-"

"Don't make excuses, Jongdae-" another smack goes to Minseok's knee.

"He's very busy preparing the dance for our comeback with Jongin and the choreographer, so maybe the date has slipped his mind. I'm sure he'll remember soon, don't be too upset okay? " Jongdae smiles his beautiful eyesmile and with the reassuring hand on his thigh, maybe, Luhan thinks, maybe, he won't be too hard on Sehun.

 


It was already 6pm and Luhan hasn't received a single text or call from Sehun. Worried that his boyfriend may be dead, he dials his number. "Hello? Sehunnie? Are you -" Luhan gets cut off by Sehun laughing on the other end. 

"I'm sorry babe, Jongin just told me something really funny. What's up?" Sehun asks with a hint of laughter still in his voice. 

Luhan curls his fingers into a fist but continues on, voice slightly wavering as he tried to remain calm and not start to either scream or sob violently. "Are you coming back for dinner?" Luhan is able to get a sentence out of his mouth before he takes a deep breath to control his ragged breathing. you Jongin, Luhan thought. you. Stealing my boyfriend on such an important occasion. Go back to your Kyungsoo, aren't you always clinging onto him? Why are you clinging to my man now? Seriously...

"Luhannie, you still there?" Sehun asked, snapping Luhan out of his angry thoughts.

"Mhmm."

"Anyways, I'll be home soon. Bye!" Sehun hung up. Luhan gave his phone a death stare before sighing loudly in annoyance. He proceeded to make his way to the kitchen to start preparing dinner for him and his boyfriend. 

 

 

Unknowingly, he prepared quite the spread, with grilled chicken, mashed potatoes, stir fried vegetables and mushroom soup. He didn't know what to do with so much angry energy inside of him that he ended up cooking nonstop. Luhan had just finished placing the dishes on the dining table when the doorbell rang again for the second time that day. 

"Hey babe," Sehun went over to wrap his arms around Luhan's waist. Luhan shrugged him off and turned around to face him, hands crossing over his chest with a scowl on his face.

"I. Am. Not. Your. Babe." Luhan narrowed his eyes before pulling out a chair and sitting down.

"Whoaaa, okay... What's wrong with you? " Sehun asks, sitting down as well. He tried his best to give a confused look while he tried his hardest not to smile or laugh. On the inside, he was already beginning to feel squirmish because his beloved boyfriend was pouting cutely while staring at his plate of chicken. 

"What's wrong with me? What's wrong with YOU? Oh Sehun, I've never felt so disappointed in my life. Do you know what's the date today you idiot, it's our ing third year anniversary. How did I even manage to last three years with a ty person like you? I hate you! I'm never having with you again! Why don't you just go back to your little studio and Jongin instead-" 

"Alright that's it." Sehun couldn't stop howling in laughter the moment he heard Jongin's name. "No more, no more. I'm going to die laughing if you continue. Oh babe, you look so flustered. I'm so sorry." Sehun continued laughing, clutching his stomach in pain. This fuelled Luhan's wrath even more as he had no idea what was going on.

"Stop laughing! Why are you laughing! You don't seem sorry at all! " Luhan was on the verge of slapping Sehun right across his face.

"Let's finish dinner first okay? " Sehun calmed down and smiled mischievously, "We wouldn't want your hard work to go to waste." Luhan said nothing in reply as his scowl deepened. They both ate silently until the dishes were starting to disappear one by one. 

Finishing first, Sehun quickly washed the dishes before he dragged a resistant Luhan into his room. "What is it Sehun? I'm mad at you, I'm not in the mood for games." 

"Sit down babe."

"No."

Sehun took a few steps towards Luhan, who took steps back, falling on the bed when the back of his knee had hit it. "I know you're really mad at me now, and I'm sorry for being mean but here." Sehun took out a small box from his sweatpants before placing it into Luhan's hands. "It arrived today and I had to physically go get it cause I didn't want you finding it in the mail. To be honest with you, I wasn't at dance practice the whole day. Jongin and I started early and ended at 3. Then we went together to pick this up and we spent another three hours chilling because of how nervous I was. I'm sorry I didn't wish you earlier. Happy third anniversary baby, I love you so much." 

Luhan's eyes were comically widened, he never expected to be tricked by his boyfriend in the most romantic way possible. Unable to think of a response, he simply nodded dumbly before opening the box, inside was a beautiful silver ring with a gold band around it. "Sehun-I"

"I know, we're too young to get married, especially me. Don't worry, I won't be proposing anytime soon. I will wait until I'm financially stable before I even think of doing that. This is a promise ring babe, to tell you that I'm in it for the long run. That I'll always be committed and I'll always love you." Sehun knelt down and took the now sobbing Luhan into his chest. ". Why are you crying babe?" He peppers kisses all over Luhan's face in an attempt to calm him down.

"I don't know Sehun, , I'm so overwhelmed now. What do I even say. Do I say I do? I don't know what to say but yes, yes Sehun. I love you too." Luhan is a mess in Sehun's arms and the scene is adorable. Sehun pulls away to put the ring onto Luhan's shaking finger. "It's not an engagement ring, why am I so nervous." Luhan mutters to himself.

"I'm the nervous one here. It took me three  hours to come out with that lousy speech. Even Jongin wanted to strangle me." Sehun laughed, recalling the memory as he wipes away the remaining tears on Luhan's face. "I'm sorry for not spending the day with you. I wanted to finish the dance today so that I can take the weekend off. I'm planning to take us to Sapporo for a two day getaway this weekend."

"It's fine, it's all worth it in the end, Sehunnie. I'm so thankful that have you in my life. I love you so much. Thank you." Luhan smiles and pulls Sehun in for a hug. "Wait I have a present too." He reaches under the bed to grab the pretty wrapped box. "Here." All thoughts about how expensive the watch was were diminished the moment Luhan knew how happy Sehun would be when he saw his gift. He grinned, pleased of himself.

Sehun read the card and the look on his face was priceless. "Babe...I hope we stay together forever too." He pressed a kiss onto Luhan's button nose.

"There's something behind the card."

"Baby, this watch is way too expensive. You should return it." Sehun immediately rejected the gift, pushing it back to Luhan's hands.

"As if your ring is any cheaper. I know that you've been eyeing the watch for a long time, so keep it."

"But-"

"Keep it Sehunnie, I want you to have it." Luhan insisted taking the watch out and fastening it around Sehun's wrist. Sehun stared at the shiny gold watch, still shocked that Luhan knew about his obsession with the watch and even bought it for him. At times like this, Sehun forgot how conscious and aware his boyfriend was about it, and honestly, it was endearing.

"Thank you so much, I will take good care of it." Sehun whispered gratefully before pressing a kiss onto Luhan's mouth. Luhan moved further back onto the bed to make room for Sehun. He pulled Sehun down by his shirt and deepened the kiss, running his fingers down Sehun's muscular torso. Sehun lowered his head and began just under Luhan's collar where he knew the boy was extra sensitive.

Luhan bit his bottom lip to stifle a moan as he pulled at Sehun's hair, bringing his head up so that they could kiss properly again. Luhan was just about to ask Sehun to strip when Sehun decided to be a boy.

 


"Babe." Sehun mumbled.

“Baby...?”

Sehun managed to breathe in between their passionate kisses to tease Luhan even further.

“Mhmm?”

“I thought you said you're never having with me again?” Sehun said, grinning like he just won the jackpot.

“Oh yeah, right. Get off of me, then.”

“Babe, no, please, I was just joking-“

“NOW.”

“Ahh .”