All These Years...

M.A.D.E For You (Edited)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*A/N: I've edited and add-on to the story ending from the first version that I've published earlier.

 

“Hyung~ Where have you been? And your phone was switched off too!”

“Orh? You’re already here?”

“Like duh~ didn’t we agree to meet here in the studio at 4?”

“Sorry... It totally slipped my mind Jiyong~” remarked Teddy nonchalantly.

“Gosh Hyung~ How could you?”

“Hey look I am really sorry alright… I guess that’s what happened when I was involved in a huge meeting with Hyun Suk Hyung earlier…”

“Where? Here?”

“Yup...”

“What huge meeting? How come I didn’t know?”

“Well because this time it doesn’t involve you?” as Teddy .

“Hyung~”

Teddy burst out laughing upon seeing Jiyong’s reaction, “You just have to know don’t you?”

“It is always nice to know…”

“Well it involved one of our beloved dongsaeng…”

“What did little Seunghyun do this time?”

“Hahaha~! It’s not him… You got it wrong this time Jiyong~ What makes you think it’s him?”

“Always getting advance scolding from Hyun Suk Hyung is nothing new for him isn’t it?”

“Fair enough…”

“So who is it?”

“Chaerin…”

“Huh? Chaerin? Did she got involved in a scandal or something?”

“Look who’s talking about scandal? You are in one yourself isn’t it at the moment…”

“Hyung~ Do you really have to go there?”

“How can I not? Getting your photographs taken by dispatch like that… What were you thinking?”

“Sorry… I know it’s my fault… But you know I no longer give a …”

“Yeah right~ As if… If that’s the case then just admit to it…”

“You know I have my reasons why I don’t do that… Too much is at stake…”

“You definitely got the PR team working throughout the night, Ji…”

“Hyung~ I’ve already feel bad enough… So please… Let’s not talk about it…” as he began to stand up, making his way to the exit.

“Ya~ Where are you going? You can’t be that petty right?”

“Aish~ It’s not that Hyung~ I need to go to the gents… Will be back later…”

As he walked out of the recording studio towards the toilet, he chanced upon a group of people in a midst of conversation. There standing with Chaerin at one of YG’s lounges were Scooter Braun, Diplo and Skrillex. He wanted to approach them but something within him told him otherwise as he stood there to listen on.

“I’m so glad you finally agreed… It will definitely be your chance to make it big outside of Korea…”

“To tell you the truth… I am slightly nervous…”

“Really?”

“Honestly… I am really nervous… I know I will be able to adapt very well… But… Anything new will cause some sort of jittery…”

“Oh come on CL… You have the quality and you definitely got star power… You have proven yourself time and again… So don’t worry too much alright…”

“Thank you for that…”

“By the way I didn’t see GD around… Where is he?”

“I’m not sure… I have not seen him of late too…”

“Really? I thought you would have at least meet up often…”

“He must be busy with the album…”

“He’s always busy lately… I did not have time to catch up with him at all since I stepped foot in Seoul this time…” remarked Diplo.

“Or is he busy dating huh? I caught the news of the scandal… It was all over twitter verse…” queried Scooter.

“Well… He is G-Dragon what more I can say…” as Chaerin continued to shrug the questions, related to Jiyong off, as though she simply did not want to talk about him at all.

As soon as Chaerin ended her statement, Jiyong who was in hiding, finally made his appearance known,

“Hey guys! Didn’t know you would be here….”

“Hey… Speaking of the devil… Who do we have here? We were just talking about you, G…”

As the conversation between the men started, instead of joining in, “I’m sorry… But I’ve got to make a move…”

“That fast? Can’t we hang out together first?”

“I would love to… But I can’t… Anyways we keep in touch ya?” as Chaerin gave Skrillex a hug before she went towards Diplo and Scooter, giving them a hug each, leaving Jiyong out and instead, she simply bid goodbye to him.

“Bye Jiyong Oppa~ See you around…”

Jiyong ended up hanging out with the guests, ditching his original plan with Teddy in an attempt to find out about the meeting as he assumed that it must have involved them as well.

“So… What are you guys doing here in Seoul?”

“Well… Didn’t CL tell you? I mean you guys are close isn’t it?”

“Yes… Indeed… But I’ve been bogged down with work... So~~~ Yeah~~ No chance of talking…”

“Really? That’s not what I heard though…”

“What do you guys meant by that?”

“Hey don’t pretend to be ignorant… It’s all over social media….”

“What~~”

“Your date with the Japanese model…”

“Oh no~ Not you guys too…” before they broke into laughter, “Not the kind of reaction I expect out of you, G” remarked Diplo.

“Freshly chided that’s why…” as Jiyong made an attempt to clarify his reaction.

“It can’t be that bad I hope… Anyways~ you look real happy with her…”

“I am… I guess…”

“You guess?”

“Well… It’s tough to maintain a relationship… That’s all I can say…. Anyways… Back to CL… Can’t you guys let me into the news?”

“I thought you were kidding when you asked us about CL… You know her better than we do… So… Are you saying she really didn’t tell you anything about it?”

Jiyong who wanted to cover up his embarrassment decided to play along as he made a calculated guess even though he had no idea what it was about, “Well… She only mentioned something about a collaboration with you guys…”

“So she did tell you…”

“So when are you guys getting it recorded? And you will be using the YG studio?”

“Who says we will be doing it here in Korea? She’s basically coming with us…”

“Mwo?! How come she didn’t inform me?” as Jiyong blurt out in Korean without noticing that none of them understood.

“What did you say G?”

“Nothing… I am just excited that she’s taking the next step…” as he lied through his teeth. 

“Oh great to know that she is receiving support from you too… Hope you’ll be of help to her if she needed one…” said Skrillex as he took a shot of soju, before Scooter continued,

“In fact, we made a proposition to her… For quite some time now… Since we believe that she would be able to make it big in the States… With K-Pop going international now… While she has what it takes to break the barrier… Let’s be honest, she has the appeal to both domestic and international fans… I’m just surprised that she only accepted it now… It was quite sudden actually… Because before this, she would always tell us that she needed time to think about it…”

 

The night continues as he ate and drank with the guests though his thoughts were full of the new revelation. After dinner, he drove straight home unsure of what he was feeling. Furthermore, he was advised to stay on the low after news about his date night went public with photos to back up the claims this time around. To rid himself of his thoughts, being the clean freak that he is, he proceeded to carry out some housekeeping around his bedroom particularly his personal workspace. He had been suffering from writer’s block of late and struggling to produce any music that he considered decent or good enough to be included for BigBang’s comeback – everything had been scrapped or simply put aside to be worked on at a later date. He was going through some of his stuff when he chanced upon the making of book for his very first solo concert. He randomly flipped through the pages when he came across the very page that reflected the exact same words he had heard her say,

 

“He is G-Dragon what more I can say…”

 

As he read the statement, he recalled to the very conversation he was eavesdropping earlier in the day. It seems to him that those simple words meant more than just its literal meaning. Somehow he found it offensive especially after he witnessed Chaerin’s exact expression as she uttered it in front of the guys, unlike the picture taken for the book – a smiling Chaerin. His emotional being did not help him at all. It aggravated him further. He could not help himself but to feel nostalgic as soon as he saw her smiley face and he hated it. 

 

She has indeed been giving me the cold shoulder of late~~ Just where did it go wrong?

 

He immediately closed the book and plopped himself on the bed shutting his eyes as he tried to sleep it off because he was confused and upset at the same time that Chaerin did not kept him in the loop about her decision. The next morning, he dragged himself out of bed to go to the studio again after rescheduling his appointment with Teddy yesterday. When he finally reached the studio, he saw Youngbae, Teddy and Chaerin seated and chatting.

“Finally…. You have arrived… So did you manage to come up with any songs yesterday?”

“I was too tired by the time I reached home Hyung~”

“How long did the dinner went on…?”

“Until their chartered plane arrived…”

“What?!”

“They were enjoying all the grill meats last night… Along with plenty of soju and beer.”

This time yet again Chaerin decided to bail the scene as she came up with the same exact excuse; however, Jiyong was quick to respond,

“Chae, wait up…”

“Huh? What is it Jiyong Oppa?”

But as soon as Jiyong was about to speak, his mobile phone rang and interrupted his train of thoughts. He picked up the call when he saw the number appearing on his ID caller.

“Yes… Baby…”

When Chaerin heard Jiyong’s words, she simply reached for the door handle and left. Jiyong who saw the scene did not attempt to chase after her as he was caught up in a conversation with his girlfriend. The recording session continued after he finished the phone conversation. When the session finally ended, Youngbae and Jiyong excused themselves.

"Are you going straight home, Ji?"

"Hmmm... I guess so... Why any plans?"

"Let's have dinner together..."

"Don't you have a date with Hyorin Noona or something?"

"I've informed her that I'll be hanging out with you... It's been sometime since we last did..."

"Alright sure..."

They got themselves a few bottles of soju before heading back to Youngbae's place since it was difficult for them to find a place with enough privacy and away from the paparazzi.

As they settled down with some cooked ramyun prepared by Youngbae along with a single bottle opener and two shot glasses, Jiyong began to speak, 

"Thanks YB... It's a break that I need..."

"A break? What do you mean?"

"Yeah a break... I am having difficulty at the moment... Music wise... I'm stucked..."

"I didn't realise it was that bad... Until you mentioned it..."

"I didn't realise it either... I guess my mind was somewhere else... By the way, do you notice any changes in Chae?"

"Change?"

"Yeah... She didn't inform me that she'll be going to the States... Did she tell you about it?"

Youngbae did not reply and simply looked at Jiyong to which he promptly continued, "She did tell you too?! And she didn't tell me?!"

"What are you so worked up about Ji? 

"I mean she's making a huge step and she didn't tell me?!"

"Is it necessary for her to tell you?"

"Why not? We have been close since we were younger! It's been years... She has no reason not to tell me at all!"

"Then maybe she has a reason why... Have you tried asking her?"

"Yes I did... But it seems that she's avoiding me... You even saw it earlier today..."

"Did she?"

"You didn't see that she just walked out of the studio as soon as I entered?"

"Really?" as though Youngbae doubted his words.

"What? You don't think so?"

"You are just paranoid... She didn't, Ji... She walked out when you were talking on the phone... I mean why did you stop her when you are more concern about the person on the phone... If I were her, I walked out too... It's not as if she had nothing to do but to wait for you..."

Somehow Youngbae's words rubbed off on Jiyong wrongly.

"What are you trying to say to me?"

"I understand that most of the things that happened revolves around you... Be it at the agency or your social life... But sometimes, it doesn't... And most probably, Chae thinks that whatever she has in mind doesn't involve you..." 

"Not possible..."

"Up to you Ji... Think whatever you like.. Better still ask her yourself... Minus your phone though..."

Though Jiyong shrugged at Youngbae's words, it did not stopped him from thinking about it but he simply let it be thinking it was just him being nosey and unnecessarily sensitive about the situation with Chaerin. Furthermore, he was not a single man and he was kept busy trying to manage relationship and work, with that, time passed by till Chaerin finally left for the States without a word exchange between them.

................

SOBER

*Rrrriinnnggg~!*

As Chaerin looked at her caller ID, she rolled her eyes and cursed under her breath, 

 

! What the hell does he want from me?

 

She reluctantly pick it up to avoid any further suspicions and tried to keep it cool, "Hello... Jiyong Oppa~"

"Orh~ Chae... Finally you pick up..."

"What do you mean finally? Anyways... Are you drunk?"

"Yes... No... I am not... Finally you pick up... You've not been answering my call..." as he spoke in a slurred and slow manner.

"Alright Oppa~ You are definitely drunk..."

"I'm not!"

"Yes you are... How is it that I finally answered when you haven't even called me for the past month since I've arrived?"

"Really?"

"Yes.. Really... Or are you calling the wrong number?"

"No.. It's the correct number... Chae... HunChae... DdokChae... I miss you..."

"For goodness sake Oppa~! GROW UP and stop calling me when you are drunk!" as she hung up the phone angrily. 

Meanwhile back in Seoul, Jiyong was in his bedroom, lying on the floor as he already had plenty to drink. He was stressed up and it was not helping since he had unintentionally followed Chaerin's updates on social media ever since she left Seoul as he thought to his drunk self,

 

Grow up?! She told me to grow up?! What the hell?! Gosh~ What am I so upset about, really? Now that she has other friends, I am no longer needed? Wait... Am I actually jealous of her interactions with international stars? Can't be... I have my own fair share of famous friends and connections... Who does she think she is to be hanging up on me? Whatever.... It's your lost Chae... Not mine...

...................

LET'S NOT FALL IN LOVE

Flashback

There was no denying that there was a certain attraction between Jiyong and Chaerin. They felt so at ease with each other and were each other's confidant. It was impossible for Chaerin to not have any feelings for Jiyong when he was there to help her all the way till the day of her debut. She admired him and respected him, and as time passed she realised that it was not only as her senior but something more. Furthermore, she knew if she were to express her feelings to him, it would cause unneccessary awkwardness between the two of them, in addition to the dating ban that the President had placed on Chaerin. Unfortunately, no matter how hard she tried to conceal her own feelings from others and especially more so from Jiyong, somehow it was apparent to a certain someone.  

"Chae~"

"Neh Oppa?"

"You did great for the recording... I'm sure the song will be a hit... Thanks for agreeing to the collab..."

"No worries Oppa... It's the least I could do... And ya thanks for the food earlier..."

"Bout that... How could you have not eaten?! That's just not right... You are never to do that again... Arasso?"

Chaerin let out a chuckle as she witnessed Jiyong's reaction, but left frozen when Jiyong complimented her, "You look so lovable and adorable like that..."

There was slight pause before the conversation continued, "Anyways, I know I said it before, but honestly you did great earlier Chae... Your rap skills improved a lot and that was some witty lyircs..." said Jiyong not knowing exactly why he had repeated himself to her.

"Thank you Oppa... For your kind words... I will definitely work hard..." as she tried to ease the situation and holding her act up. 

When Jiyong's manager finally arrived with the van, they bid goodbye to each other and Jiyong was about to enter when he noticed Chaerin did not move from her spot, and out of concern, "Chae... Are you waiting for your manager?"

"Neh Oppa~ He's running late because he had to shuttle the other girls earlier on..."

"Then just call him to drive safely back to the dorm and that he doesn't have to rush back here... Since I will send you home..."

"Huh?! You, Oppa?!"

"Not exactly me isn't it...?" as he chuckled, "Manager Hyung will drive us back home..."

Chaerin displayed a little hesitation before Jiyong urged her, "Oh come on, Chae... It's practically the same apartment only different floors..."

"Neh.. Oppa..."

They were finally on the way back to their dorms as they continued with their conversation. Their conversation was interrupted by a message received on Chaerin's phone, after she was done replying, 

"Who was it Chae? Is it a boyfriend?"

"Aniyo Oppa~" as she denied animatedly.

"Tell me the truth... I won't tell Hyun Suk Hyung..."

"Aniyo Oppa~ Jinjja!" 

"Yeah~ Of course you won't have a boyfriend since you fancy me... and I fancy you too... Honestly, I really like you..." stated Jiyong causing a shock to Chaerin.

 

How did he know?

 

"You must be wondering how I knew right? Well I've been hearing things here and there.. Chae..."

At that point of time, Chaerin could feel her face was burning from embarrassment and wanting to run out of the van even though it was driving on a highway but it was stopped short when Jiyong confessed that he was merely teasing her. 

"Come on, Chae... You know I'm just kidding.."

"Neh Oppa..." as she tried to put a smile on her face.

"Well... I know you respect me as a Sunbae... Even though people have been telling me... I told them it's impossible that you would like me in that manner... I mean... Us? How is that possible, right? And with your dating ban that Hyun Suk Hyung had placed on you... Definitely not possible... I respect him too much to do such a thing, while I am also here to protect you from all the nasty men out there as an Oppa... Plus... We have so much to achieve in our lives..."

Upon hearing what Jiyong had to say, she no longer felt embarrassed but heartbroken though she kept a cool front throughout the journey back to their respective dorms as he heard her agree to his statement. 

"That's right Oppa... Too many dreams to chase and fulfill..."

"Yup... No time for relationship... Too much hassle..."

"You mean you don't intend to date in the near future, Oppa?" as she meekly asked him.

"Not within this two years... No... Too much on my plate... Don't think I can handle that..."

 

However, in less than two years later...

 

"What are you guys so happy about?" as the girls just came back to the studio from one of their live performances to rehearse for their next live performance.

"Jiyong Hyung... He..."

"Shut up Seungri..."

"Wae Hyung? It's not like they are outsiders... If anyone else should know besides our members, it would be them..."

"What is it Seungri...? Spill or else..." as Bom 'threatened' the maknae of BigBang.

"But Jiyong Hyung...." as Seungri gave a side glance to his beloved Hyung,

"I'm the Noona here... And I shall not repeat myself..."

"Jiyong Hyung has a girlfriend...!"

"What?! For real?!"

"Yup.."

"Who is it Jiyongie? Do we know her?"

"Chae does..." came a reply from Jiyong before everyone turned their attention towards her, "Huh?! I do?" as she managed to utter despite the shock that she received from Seungri's statement. 

"Well... Not that she knows about me being attached... That she doesn't know... But she knows my girlfriend... She met her in Tokyo when she was on a fashion trip with Xin..."

"You mean Yulia?"

"No... Not Yulia... She's like a very close Noona to me..."

"Then are you referring to Kiko?"

"Yes... Kiko..."

Chaerin's heart felt heavy but what made it worse was how conflicted she felt. She had always sincerely wished Jiyong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter