Chapter 5

A Monkey Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What’s this?”

Donghae walked into his room to find a trail of red and pink rose petals that led to his bed that were lighted with small scented candles. The room smelled lovely. Donghae picked up a card from the middle of the bed and smiled as he read the contents.

Happy 12th Anniversary, Hae!! I love you!! – Hyukkie
P.S. I hid your present under your bed. Hope you’ll like it!

Puzzled, Donghae bent down and looked under his bed.

“SURPRISE!!” Hyukjae yelled, swiftly crawling out from under the bed and startling Donghae so much that he fell back on his in fright. Hyukjae laughed hysterically when he saw that his surprise worked, so much so that Donghae was flabbergasted and still at loss for words.

“You scared me!” Donghae wailed once he got his breath back. He tackled Hyukjae onto the floor where they rolled about in loud giggles. “I thought I told you never to do that ever again!”

“But your face was totally worth it!” Hyukjae laughed, dodging a punch. “Happy anniversary, Hae dear. Did you like your present?”

“Were you supposed to be the present?” Donghae asked, laughing when it finally dawned on him. “Yah, that’s cheating! I want a real present!”

Hyukjae pecked the younger’s cheek and grinned. “I’m the best present you need anyway. No need to thank me. You’re welcome.”

“Yah.”

“I love you,” Hyukjae whispered, pinning Donghae onto the carpet and kissing his ear and neck. “Be mine forever?”

Donghae chuckled. “We’ll see about that, Hyukkie.” He hugged the other’s waist tightly. “Thank you. I love you too.”

 

* * *

 

It must have been about a few weeks later when Donghae skipped happily into his bedroom, a happy smile decorating his radiating face. He walked dreamily towards the bed and fell onto it with a loud squeal, his face as red as a tomato. He snuggled and hugged his monkey plush tightly, giggling like a giddy goat as he rolled about on the bed.

Hyukjae stepped out of the adjoined bathroom freshly showered and wondering what happened to the boy on the bed. “Hey. You’re back.”

“Hyukkieeeeee…” Donghae laughed, hiding his face with the plush toy. “I’m so happy!”

The brunet grinned. “Well that’s a first. You’re always sappy and clingy when you return from work.” He quickly shimmied into a pair of sweatpants and put on a wifebeater before joining the giggling boy on the bed. “What happened?”

Donghae squealed again and hugged Hyukjae’s legs. “Myah… Just really happy…” The other tried getting the boy to spill more and threatened to tickle him but the younger shook his head refusing to tell, so Hyukjae ended up digging his fingers into Donghae’s sides until he begged for mercy. The two of them rolled over and over on the bed noisily and fell off with loud squeals and giggles. Donghae landed right on top of Hyukjae on the floor. “Oof!!”

“Yah, you’re getting heavier! You need to stop eating all those leftover chocolates from work!” Hyukjae chided gently, wrapping his arms around Donghae’s waist and pecking the other’s forehead.

Donghae whined softly and snuggled against the elder’s chest. “But they’re so yummy… and you never complained about my weight before…”

“That’s because I’ve never lifted you before,” Hyukjae laughed, then lightly tickled the other’s neck, chuckling when Donghae squirmed and batted his fingers away. “We could work out together.”

“Don’t wanna,” Donghae whined. He hugged the petite waist loosely and heaved a huge sigh. “Hey, Hyukkie… would you be mad at me if someone else likes me?”

Hyukjae frowned. He thought for a while, the younger’s soft hair as he thought. “Is someone flirting with you at work?”

“Maybe.”

“Is that why you’re so happy today? Because he confessed to you?” Hyukjae asked, sitting up straight. He propped Donghae in his lap a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter