Let me kiss the pain away

The start of something new
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I really didn’t know what we had talked about that night, and when Seunghyun had gone home; because all the thoughts had literally evaporated from my head since that kiss. Well, it was not exactly a kiss, more like a peck on my cheek, but enough to wash away all my sadness and jealousy that I had been keeping since Jiyong came. It had been days already but I still couldn’t help giggling to myself whenever I recalled the softness of his lips on my cheek, the warmth of his slender fingers intertwined with mine and the affection of his eyes when he looked at me. Seunghyun was like a charming prince who walked step by step inside my heart, invaded my mind and made my whole world blossom. I had never been so intimate with any of my friends before Seunghyun. I guessed he was my closest friend now.

Wait, are we supposed to hold hands and kiss our closest friends?

 

I started to like Jiyong more. I had always known he was a nice guy, but the jealousy made me stubbornly think he was annoying. But now, especially when I was getting to know him more, I found out that Jiyong was interesting. He was both calm and playful, he had a vast knowledge of everything and extremely good sense of fashion. Jiyong was a kind of person that highly stands out among the crowd without forcing himself.  I used to get irritated when Jiyong got all Seunghyun’s attention but now I enjoyed myself when the two best friends and I spent time together. Every lunch at school cafeteria, every Saturday we hung out as a trio was no longer a burden to me, as I liked to see Seunghyun and Jiyong teasing and bickering with each other, and I liked to laugh along with Seunghyun’s lame jokes and Jiyong’s contagious, gummy smile. But my most favorite part when being with Seunghyun and Jiyong was that Seunghyun always stayed a bit closer to me than to Jiyong. Like he usually seated himself next to me when we had lunch, letting his knees bump into mine; or he occasionally threw his arm around my shoulder, pulling me against him. Sometimes, when we walked home together after school, he would grab my hand and lacing his long fingers with my shorter ones and keep it like that despite Jiyong pouting and complaining that he felt like he was a third wheel. I could just giggle and try to hide my blushing cheeks because  Seunghyun was so good at sending butterflies into my stomach and making me feel so special to him.

 Seunghyun-ah, am I really special to you?

 

~oOo~

 

It was Thurday night and I just had my dinner when Seunghyun called. Seunghyun and I rarely called because I loved the feeling of sending a text and waiting for a reply. So we made it habit to text each other every night before sleep. It was quite unexpected so I quickly grabbed my phone and hit the answer icon.

“Hi Daesungie.” Seunghyun’s baritone voice became even deeper over the phone. Just hearing him call my name made my cheek burning hot for no reason.

“Hey Seunghyun. What’s up?”

“Nothing. Am I just allowed to call you when there’s something urgent?” I giggled because could see Seunghyun made a face upon hearing me asking him.

“You’re welcomed to call me anytime, Seunghyunie.”

“Good. Then tell me, what are you doing, Daesung-ah?”

“I’ve just had my dinner. And seriously, are you calling just to ask me what I’m doing now?”

“I just suddenly want to hear your voice”

“Why so sappy, Mr Choi Seunghyun?” I smiled to the point that my facial muscles stretched. “We just met at school and you even walked me home today.”

“I know you prefer texting, but sometimes I feel like hearing your voice too.” Seunghyun chuckled softy at the other end of the line. “And I may not be able to text you later tonight.”

“Eh? Why?” A pang of disappointment twisted in my chest. I knew there was a reason to his call.

“Jiyong came over for dinner, he may spend the night here too.” I heard Seunghyun explain, his voice sounded like he was trying to comfort me. “I can see you pouting your lips, Daesung-ah. Don’t pout.”

“I’m not pouting, bad Seunghyun.” I said to him, sulking a bit. Seunghyun burst out laughing through the speaker.

“Daesung-ah?”

“Yes, Seunghyunie?”

“Daesung-ah?”

“I’m here, Bingu-ssi.” I called him by the name he hated the most.

“Say, Daesung-ah. Do you want to go out with me on Friday night?” Seunghyun cleared his throat and asked hesitantly. “For a movie, I think?”

I became lost for word for a while. Was Seunghyun asking me out?

“But we’ll meet on Saturday, right?”

“I know. But Yongie may join us too… I want some time for you and me only.”

I practically wanted to jump up and down, screaming “Me too, Seunghyun-ah, me too”, but that would be so embarrassing, so I tried to calm myself from overly happiness and hyperness.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter