Of Best friends and Jealousy

The start of something new
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This chapter is in Daesung's POV. Due to my sister's request, I tried to add some drama to the story. I hope it's dramatic enough for you, daesung2689 :3

And my biggest thank to lovely Kumakuma166, who stayed up late and beta-ed this chapter for me. I've told you I love you already, haven't I?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I've been attracted to Seunghyun since God knows when. There's always something in him that catches my attention, that keeps my eyes linger on him. Maybe it's the way when he sits alone with his eyes slightly closed and his lips humming along the songs from his earphone. Maybe it's his deep bass voice that sounds pretty much alike some rockers that he loves. Or maybe just because of his presence, I don't really know. He's the first thing I look for when I come to school. My eyes always wander around, searching for his figure in the crowd and I keep thinking about him even when I'm laughing with my other classmates.

Seunghyun seems like he's made of conflicts. He may have an arrogant aura from the outside with his handsome face and intensely fierce gaze, but he's truly sensitive and vulnerable. He looks like he enjoys the solitude. Well he does enjoy the solitude, but he's nice to talk with and he likes making jokes too. Seunghyun has a tall and firm figure, that gives me feeling of being sheltered.  But somehow he also makes me want to shower him with attention, spoiling him. His thoughts are mature but at the same he can be so childish and stubborn when he insists to do something he really likes. I keep finding more about Seunghyun each day and it never fails to give me a feeling that I am the closest and the most special to him.

Am I really special to him or is it just my mind?

 

~oOo~

 

Waiting for Seunghyun and walking to the classroom together are my new habits. Like today, I come to school and spot that Seunghyun is standing at his locker, taking out some textbooks for our first class. I approach him and we start talking and laughing together until I hear voice behind my back.

“Hyunie… Hyunie… Is that you?”

Seunghyun is craning up his head. Looking through my shoulder, he called someone with a surprised tone in his voice

“Yongie…?”

I turn my head around. A red-haired boy is wearing a skinny ripped jeans and an oversized, colorful T-shirt. He even got tattoos in his arms and his ears are pierced. I clearly don’t remind seeing him at school before. Does Seunghyun know this boy?

As if he could listen to the question in my head, Seunghyun starts walking quickly towards the strange boy. When they reach other, the boy lets out a happy scream and he jumps up to put his arms around Seunghyun’s neck.

“Yah it’s you, Hyunie… it’s really you. I can’t believe this. Do you also go to this school?”

Seunghyun lets the boy hug him close, his hand pats on the boy’s back lovingly. He has a big grin on his face and I don’t like that. The big grin is only for me! I pout.

 “Long time no see Yongie. You’re back already? I thought you and your family have settled down in the States?”

“We have. But I signed up for an exchange program and I chose my home country to study for two semesters. I really want to meet you again, Hyunie.” Yongie has a such a wide smile on his face that I can literally can see all his teeth. He looks like a kid who just got a huge present.

Ah, so they’re friends, huh? Maybe pretty closer than I thought, because they even have pet names for each other. Hyunie and Yongie. While I don’t have any pet name for Seunghyun, and vice versa.

This Yongie friend showers Seunghyun with loads of questions about how he has been for the past two years and Seunghyun patiently answers him one by one. I just stand there together with them but practically and awkwardly alone until the bell rings.

 “We have to go, Yongie. Which class are you in?” Seunghyun says quickly.

“I don’t know yet. I’ll just wait for my teacher to show me around.” Yongie shrugs his shoulder.

 

We meet again at the cafeteria during lunch break. They’re sitting next to each other while I’m in front of them. It’s usually me who sit beside Seunghyun at lunch. I don’t like this situation. I want to be beside Seunghyun!

Seunghyun then introduces his friend to me. “Yongie, say hi to Daesung. He’s in the same class with me”

“Hello Daesung. It’s very nice to meet you. I’m Kwon Jiyong. Please take care of me, because it’s been quite a long time since I left Korea and I really need to make friends here.” Jiyong smiles to me.

“Hello Jiyong. Nice to meet you too”. I nod and smile to him. Jiyong seems very nice. He’s not as handsome as Seunghyun, but he looks good. His red hair, tattoos, earrings and outfits make him stand out among the crowd.

“Daesung-ah, Yongie and I have been friends since we were in diapers. He moved to the States two years ago. Too bad he’s back now.” Seunghyun throws a joke to me but his eyes are set on the boy next to him.

“You punk! I swear I saw you cried when I left two years ago. Don’t you miss me? I got a scholarship to Japan but I chose to come back here to meet you.” Jiyong smacks Seunghyun’s head slightly and both of them bursting a laugh out

 “Daesung, you must have a hard time dealing with this giant bingu right? His childish personality is no joke. I myself couldn’t stand this Bingu.” Jiyong gives me a sympathetic look.

“What are you talking about Yongie? Bingu? Don’t make me look bad in front of Daesungie. I’ve never been childish…”

“Skies, Hyunie. I’ve known you for most of my life. I may not have told you, but it’s not easy being your best friend.” Jiyong laughs.

I watch the two in front of me bickering and teasing each other like there will be no tomorrow. Jiyong gets all Seunghyun’s attention and Seunghyun looks really happy to see his friend again after quite a long time apart. He laughs so hard that his dimples are showing and his big eyes are changing into a crescent shape.

Has Seunghyun ever enjoyed himself like this when he’s with me?

I listen to their conversation try to take part in it, but it seems that there’s no space for me to join, even though they call my name from time to time. Jiyong sure knows a lot about Seunghyun. Maybe he knows everything about him. I’ve only been close to Seunghyun for a few months. How come that I could think I know about him the most?

And why the hell I want to be the one who knows about Seunghyun the most?

I shake my head then looking at Seunghyun and Jiyong who still talk to each other.

I really want to be the one who know the most about Seunghyun. No one else can!

Seunghyun doesn’t text me tonight. No, correct that. Actually he did send me one, a very brief one.

Jiyong came over to catch up. We’ll talk tomorrow ok?

I sigh at the text. Seunghyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter