The street between sunrise and sunset

The start of something new
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

17 years old, I am anything but ordinary. I don't try to be unique on purpose, it's just that somehow my hobbies and personalities makes me different from the whole class of mine.

I like rock. Not like Avril Lavigne, Simple Plan, Linkin’ Park or whoever often get seen on MTV. The kind of music I like is much more fierce, intense, doom, dark and noisy than that.

I like reading books. Many of classmates do too. But i often find them talking about Harry Potter, Detective Conan or many others that teenagers are obsessed about. I, on the other hand, am fond of Haruki Murakami's novels.

I am quiet, while most of my classmates can spend every single chance they have to chit chat with each other, to update each other about Champion League in England, some new online games or some Korean dramas which are broadcasted daily on TV. I try to join them sometimes. But really, I don't know how to catch up and always end up being neglected

But I know I'm not visible. Girls often secretly glance at me, they say that I look good, that I'm tall and have sharp eyes, pointed nose, long lashes or whatever that I don't really care about. They want to approach me, but I guess my cold presence stops them.

So, to make a long story short, I -  Choi Seunghyun, am 17 years old, introverted, have classmates but no friends.

 

~ oOo ~

 

He is somewhat the opposite of me. Kang Daesung  is the one I’m talking about. Definitely he’s not the kind of playful, outgoing and noisy boy that always gets to be the center of every party. He doesn’t talk much, he simply smiles and listens more, but is usually dragged along and surrounded by a bunch of guys and girls. I guess his friendly and sincere vibe earns him that.

Daesung may be the person who has the smallest pair of eyes that I have ever known. His nose is outstandingly big and his lips are much plumper than they should be for a guy. Despite all those contrarious figures, lots of people think he’s cute. I do, too. Indeed.

Daesung has the capability to lighten up the atmosphere around him without trying hard. A simple greeting or a small smile from him could make you warm and light like you have met with a spring breeze. Trust me, I was once surprised at how flattered I got by his smiley face and his “Good morning Seunghyun”, even though just some minutes ago I was super irritated at a sudden downpour on my way to school.

But still, Daesung is just a classmate of mine, like twenty five other ones. And

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter