Wooyoung x Jaebum x Jimin

From Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So… you’re leaving?” Jimin sadly noted as she kicked the ground beneath her feet.

“Yeah,” Wooyoung gave her a coy smile before pulling her in for a hug.

“I’ll be back though - after the tour,” he smiled as he tousled her hair.

Jimin nodded and softly nudged him away before patting her hair back down. She clutched onto the hem of his shirt and traced it with her fingertips.

“Japan’s pretty far, huh?”

“Geez kid, you’re acting like I’m leaving for my enlistment. Listen, if anyone messes with you while I’m gone – actually Jiminah, I’m sure you’ll beat them up,” he joked.

Jimin chuckled at his words, she took a poised step forward so she could directly face Wooyoung and planted a quick kiss on his cheek,

“I’ll miss you,” she mumbled before embarrassingly returning back into her dorm. Wooyoung stood with disbelief on the terrace outside of her apartment complex.

 

 2PM left almost a year ago, the group had been constantly promoting in Japan due to their popularity. Thankfully for Jimin, Wooyoung would go out of his way to contact her at least once a month. Regardless of the periodic communication, Jimin always missed listening to his translucent voice, she missed his earthy scent, and most of all, she missed him.

As long as she could recall, she had a one-sided crush on Jang Wooyoung. She was certain he had always known, Jimin isn’t the type to hide her feelings – but he always kept her at arms distance. Their platonic relationship didn’t bother her too much, or at least that’s what she convinced herself. She would still find herself lying awake late into the night wondering why things were the way it was. It could possibly be the age difference, maybe it was the fact that he was always dating someone new, or perhaps he just simply wasn’t interested in her. But for Jimin, it was different. Jimin knew from the very moment she met him.

She was brought into JYP Entertainment for the first time after winning Kpop Star, Wooyoung had greeted her more enthusiastically than anyone she had ever met. He approached her with glistening eyes, excitedly rambling to her how he was a big fan. Jimin initially felt awkward adjusting to the new environment, but her feelings of wariness quickly dissipated by Wooyoung’s soothing personality. She was sure her crush began there. It was the way his words were thick with his Busan accent despite living in Seoul for so long, the way his kindness calmed her nerves, the way he laughed at his own jokes, the way the lines on his face deepened with just a small smile, the way the perfectness of his teeth hurt her eyes, the way his sun-kissed skin contrasted with her own – in the end, it was everything about him that made her swoon. She swore her heart was about to burst that day from how hard it was beating.

 

            Jimin laid awake in the comfort of her warm bed. She was immersed in her cozy sheets as she stared up at the ceiling contemplating on her plans for the day. A soft ring came from Jimin’s cellphone alerting her of a new message. She hesitated momentarily; lying still in her sheets before unraveling from her position. Jimin reached over for her cellphone on her bedside drawer and swiped to unlock it.

The notification was an invite to welcome 2PM who returned to Korea yesterday; the party would be held in JYP entertainment later tonight. She stared wordlessly at the message and re-read it a few times before accepting the invite, immediately she felt butterflies at just the thought of seeing him. Jimin then texted JB before turning on a random playlist she made on SoundCloud, she then headed into the bathroom to get ready for the day. She felt a mixture of nervousness and excitement as she went through her morning routine. She tried to keep herself from having any expectations, but she was glad she would be seeing his face again after the lengthy twelve months that he had been gone.

Once she came out of the shower she found JB laying on top of her bed. He had neatly made her bed and was careful not to mess it up. He remained unfazed by Jimin who was only covered with a bathrobe, his eyes just barely flickered from the television to her,

            “Yerin didn’t come home last night?”

            Jimin shook her head, she turned off the music from her phone as she took a seat at her vanity mirror. She began her skincare routine by first applying moisturizer to her skin and asked,

            “Did you have breakfast yet oppa?”

            JB responded with a light hum, she couldn’t distinguish whether it was a yes or no. Regardless of the answer, she knew he would still eat with her. She felt JB’s eyes on her as she stood to go inside her walk-in closet.

            “Oppa, you know staring is a bad habit - right?”

            “Sorry,” he mumbled and averted his eyes back to the television.

            “I’ll be out in a minute,” she responded as she disappeared in her closet.

            She held the outfit she had picked out the day before and put it on. She wore a simple black tank top with a lace-up design on the chest. She squeezed into ripped denim skinny jeans and put on a pair of simple black wedges. She accessorized with a velvet, black choker that matched her shirt and some silver earrings. She stepped out of the closet and found JB focused on his phone,

            “Oppa, did I leave my red cardigan at your place?” she asked breaking his concentration.

            “Huh, mm… I think I saw it this morning before I came,” he said before sliding his phone into his pocket.

            “Why didn’t you bring it?”

            “It’s not clean.”

            “Oppa, you aren't my mom. You don’t have to do my laundry. Nevermind, I’ll just get it later. Let’s get out of here,” she said as she grabbed an olive green colored jacket off her coat rack.

            JB softly got up from her bed, before he headed out the door he made sure to grab his keys from her bedside drawer and his jacket off her chair.

            “Did you see 2PM returned? Wooyoung’s back,” he said carefully.

            “I know,” Jimin whispered back.

            Jimin wasn’t sure exactly how but somehow things had just fallen into the right places when it came to JB. He became someone she could lean on, someone who was trustworthy, and have intimate conversations with. He was comfortable and warm. It was strange to her because she still remembered when she initially met him, he was extremely disinterested in her. Matter of fact, he was disinterested in just about everyone. The two hardly ever interacted until Yugyeom’s birthday party when she drank too much and he drove her home. After that, it seemed like he had just always been around. She suspected he had residual feelings for Yerin. She heard from Yerin that they had been undeniably close at one point until Yerin confessed her feelings for him. He said he was too focused on debuting to date and their friendship ended just like that. It wasn’t unusual for JB to ask Jimin about Yerin either, he typically would ask passing comments about her well-being. Ever since Yerin started to date her producer, Cloud Koh, Jimin would just be alone a lot. She would often feel lonesome with Yerin's absence, and somehow she just ended up hanging out with JB all the time.

            The two of them walked into a cat café close by, Jimin immediately went over to a pair of playful Siamese kittens who were walking across a cabinet as JB went to the front of the line and ordered for her.

            JB watched Jimin from afar, he tenderly grinned while watching her play with the kittens.

            “Oppa, does this makes you miss Nora?” she smiled as she scooped up one of the kittens and kissed it's nose.

            “Mmhmm,” he said grabbing his plate card, he led them to a secluded booth near a window. He rested his head on his hand as he stared at her interacting with the kitten.

            “You want to hold her?” Jimin said passing the kitten to him.

            JB coddled the kitten,

            “I remember when Nora was this big,” he burrowed his face into the kittens’ fur and kissed the same spot Jimin did.

            The waitress brought over an iced Americano for JB and a strawberry smoothie for Jimin. She placed a mocha bread and a simple chicken sandwich in front of Jimin while placing a piece of dacquoise in front of JB.

            “Oppa, you’re not eating? Eating just sweets is going to make your teeth rot,” she teased as she took a bite of her sandwich.

            JB shook his head,

“I already ate. I woke up early this morning to film for Music Bank,” he said as he sipped his coffee.        

“Ahh, yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter