Marry Me

Marry Me

She stood nervously at the front of the crowd. She checked her watch for the millionth time. She may have been friends with BTS, but that didn’t make going to their concerts any less exciting. The lights finally dimmed and the roar of the crowd intensified. The boys rushed out onto stage, cheering and hollering at the crowd. She cheered along with the rest of them, her face flushed from the heat of so many bodies pressing in from all sides.

 

The concert progressed without any hiccups. Around the halfway point, the boys took turns doing solo stages to show off their individual talents. Yoongi was up first and performed a brand new track he was trying out for his mixtape. Hoseok was second, also showing off his amazing rap skills. Jungkook was on third. She felt like she had been electrocuted when he walked out on stage, making sure he threw a wink in her direction.

 

He started singing “Marry me” with most of the crowd joining in. She swayed along with the crowd, not having any choice in the matter as they were all squeezed down the front, all trying to get noticed by their favourite member. The heat was almost unbearable by this point. She felt herself getting lightheaded as Jungkook got closer to her. He crouched down at the front of the stage right in front of her. She looked up at him and everything went black.

 

She woke up some time later, in a small room that she didn’t recognise. She looked around before sitting up. Jungkook was instantly by her side. “Nuna, are you ok?” he asked worriedly as he handed her a bottle of water. She took the bottle gratefully and drank half of it in one go. “Yeah, I’m alright. What happened?” she asked as she swung her legs off of the couch, but didn’t try to stand just yet. Jungkook frowned at her, “The doctor said it was dehydration but I think it was because I was singing right in front of you.” He said with a cheeky grin.

 

She choked on her water at his cocky statement. “Wh-what? What are you talking about?” she said, her cheeks burning in embarrassment. Jungkook grinned at her as he rubbed her back until she finally stopped coughing. “It’s ok nuna, I won’t tell anyone that you fainted because of me.” He said with a wink. She yelled at him as she lashed out at him, too slow to actually hit him. He stuck his tongue out at her from the doorway. “I have to go do the encore. Don’t go anywhere, just rest here ok? I’ll give you a private encore later.”

 

She launched the bottle of water at him, completely missing and hitting the wall instead as he cackled his way down the hallway, leaving her feeling flustered at happy at the same time. Not that she’d ever admit it.