Chapter 1

Lost Princess

Lots of wealthy people gathered at the Medallion Hotel because today is the 22nd Birthday of the only daughter of the owner of Bae Group Inc. Bae Group Inc.owns hundreds of hotels and condominium all over the world, including the said hotel. They are highly-respected in the industry, not only because they successful in business but also because despite their busy schedules, their family maintained their close-family ties and had been a big contributor in Charity deeds. Young heirs are there to meet the celebrant for the first time, she is the no.1 target for arranged marriage proposal but the family never accepts anything like that.

"Everyone, are you enjoying the party? Let's now welcome the CEO of Bae Group Incorporation: Mr. Wan Young Bae!" 

The man in his late fifties wearing a suit proudly walked to the center stage.

"Good Evening! I would like to sincerely thank all of you for attending this special celebration. My daughter is not really fond of parties so it is the very first birthday celebration of my daughter held in public. There are three reason for celebrating tonight. First, I would like to greet my daughter a Happy Birthday,she turned 22 years old today. To be honest, I still can't believe that my little girl is now a fully-fledged princess. This princess is the center of love in our family, she gives us, her parents, so much love and happiness that I can't wish for something more. I don't even know what I did that God gave me a daughter that as loving, as beautiful, as smart and as precious as her. For me, even after 40 years, she will always be the baby who likes to pinch her daddy's nose." Mr. Bae laughed and looked fondly at the top of the stairs where a beautiful girl who is fighting the urge to cry.

"The second reason is one of her dreams came true. She dreamed to design a perfect home. Not just a common beautiful house but a home where everyone will feel loved and never feel lonely. A home that will always makes you feel special and welcome. That kind of house. It was finally finished the other day and she wants the kids who never had a home to live there. Yes, it is an orphanage and we are planning to open it by the end of the month and we would appreciate it if you help." Mr. Bae looked at his daughter proudly, knowing that she is not just beautiful outside but her heart is much more lovable.

"I would like her to be one to announce the third reason of the celebration. Let's give a round of applause to the most beautiful celebrant: SUZY BAE!" 

Lee Min Ho, the handsome heir of the Lee Industry, climb up the stairs and escorts the young lady. Everyone can't take their eyes off the girl carefully climbing down the stairs. She has this aura that is so beautiful, elegant and yet still down-to-earth.

"You look more stunning as usual." Lee Min Ho said as he was stunned at the beauty of the girl beside her.

"That's what we call make-up, my dear." Suzy playfully rolled her eyes.

"Nah, I've seen your bare face and I see no difference." He and that earned a laugh from her.

"You don't look bad yourself." She teased back, knowing that this guy is full of charisma and confidence.

"What? You know that all of them are looking at my very handsome face, right?" He joked and she laughed. He knows that everyone is looking at her with envy and desire. Envy to be her, desire to be with her and he is glad that he is the one who's beside her right now. "Are you still nervous?" he asked, he felt her trembling.

"Yeah. A little." A little is an understatement. She was so nervous that her hands won't stop trembling.

"Don't be. I am here." He squeezed her hand to calm her down.

"Thank You." She looked at him at the eyes, thankful that he's with her,

"I love you." He smiled naughtily but with sincerity. His unexpected answer made her blush.

"Yah. That's unfair." She said, trying to suppress her smile.

"Why? Because I am making you blush in front of the crowd? My bad." He said. Not sounding so sorry at all.

"Jerk." She pouted.

"You love this handsome jerk, right?" He smirked.

"I want to deny it but I'll agree to you." She sighed as if she have no choice.

"Yah! You are hurting me! You should say yes if you really love me." He placed his hand on his heart as if he was really hurt and she laughed, forgetting her nervousness.

"Arasso. Yes, I do. I do really love you." She said full of sincerity.

"Yeah! Daughter! Stop flirting and hurry up here!" Her dad scolded her while holding the microphone. Everybody laughed and Suzy was beet red when she reached the stage.

"Dad. You told me it will be just a simple introduction!" Everyone looked happy at the interaction of the two.

"Sorry. I got carried away. I am really happy and I would like to share my happiness with everyone. Here, tell them." He handed over the mike and looked at the crowd.

"Before I tell the third reason, let me take advantage of this day to thank my family for this enjoyable party and my dad for the very touching introduction a.k.a simple intro. Now, my make-up is a mess." She glared at her father jokingly and the latter made a peace sign.

"Dad will always be my dream guy, he never failed to provide our needs, not just money and stuffs but also the love, time and understanding. He is the kind of father that accepts your decision, let you learn from your mistakes, gives you advice and comforts you when needed.. and that's all I need. " She looked at her father lovingly then continued. "My mom is my second-half. She knows me better than I do. I know and always feel that she love me whenever she called me to eat, when she blowdry my hair, when we shop and when we bake together. She takes care of me so much that she cried when I broke my arm four years ago." She smiled at the memories. "And to my older bro, Taecyeon.. " She looked at the handsome tall guy beside her mother then continued. "Thank you for being patient with me even though I annoy you so much, even though I was so clingy to you that you can't go to your date, even though we bicker every 2 hours of everyday. You are so overprotective that others think that you are my personal bodyguard. I love you all so much and when you said that I am the source of love, no. You are the source of my love. No matter where I go, no matter who I am with, I will always be the daughter and sister who loves you so much. I grew up with a very loving family so I also want to make my own family full of love and I found someone who I want to spend the rest of my life with. I would like to introduced to all of you, Lee Min Ho, my fiancé." She hold the hand of her fiance.

"We got engaged last week and we are planning to get married within this year." She announced to everyone. The crowd clapped, cheered and congratulate the newly-engaged couple.

 

Unlike the rest of the crowd, someone felt different.

 

When Suzy announced to the whole world that she got engaged. Kim Soo Hyun felt his heart broke, his world crashed, as his far-fetched dream finally came to an end. His eyes keeps on following the celebrant as she walked hand in hand with her fiance to greet the guest. She seems so happy that nobody can wipe off the smile from her face.

What am I expecting anyway, on people's eyes, I am just a normal poor guy, a criminal's son.. I am just someone who will never be suited for her. But still, she was the only one who looked at him with clear and not judging eyes, she was the only one who smiled so warmly at him, she was the only who defended him, she was the only girl he loved even though  she don't remember him anymore.

He just wanted to greet her a Happy Birthday, he never thought it's time to bid his final goodbye to her. He stare at her when she suddenly meet her eyes.

When Lee Min Ho went to get a drink, Suzy got the feeling when someone is staring at her and turned her head to find the source of it and saw a guy behind the crowd. Unlike the other guest, he's not wearing a suit and tie, just long-sleeves but it still looks good on him. The guy seemed familiar to her but she can't pinpoint where they met or who he is. She can't take her eyes off him because he stare at her so sadly. A couple of minutes passed and they did nothing but stare at each other. Confused, Suzy starts walking towards him but stopped when the guy mouthed something that seems like..

"Happy Birthday Princess.. Goodbye." Kim Soo Hyun mouthed the words to her and turned away from the girl he loved from afar. 

She was about to follow him for an unknown reason when her brother called her.

"Suzy, lets talk." Taec said in a serious tone. Suzy got a feeling that Taec is not in the mood. He didn't smile for the whole party. They went at the back garden where no guest is allowed.

"Taec, are you okay?" She asked, concern evident in her voice. 

"Why you didn't tell me about the engagement beforehand?" Taec asked.

"I was waiting for you to return from Germany because I want to tell you in person but you just came back earlier, so I never had a chance. I'm sorry." She explained. Taec went to Germany for business purposes and return at the time of the party. He is so busy in managing and expanding the company that someday he will inherit. 

"Nah. Never mind that. Are you really sure about this? You've only been with him for a year and a half." Taec doubt her decision. 

"Yes, I am sure that he is the one for me and he won't ever hurt me." She reassured him. She believes on her decision and Lee Min Ho.

"Cancel the engagement." He said firmly. 

"What? Are you insane?" She looked at him incredulously, shocked at his suggestion.

"This is for your own good. You are only 22 years old for goodness sake!" Taec is obviously mad.

"I am already 22 years old. I can make my own decision!" She argued back.

". You don't get me. I am only thinking about your future." Taec sounded so desperate.

"I can't think of a future without Oppa. Please understand." She bargained with a smile.

"No, stop it. You better take my advice seriously." He walked out and went to parking lot. He opened the door on his car.

"Taec, stop. Let's talk about it." She pleaded. 

"If you are not going to cancel it then forget that you have a brother." He warned her then went inside the car.

"You are being unfair. I don't get you. Tell me the reason." She also opened the door in the passenger seat. "Tell our parents that we will go home first, my head hurts." She ordered the guard in the parking lot to convey the message to their parents.

 

And that's the last message they received from Suzy, as their car was later on found in the river. 

 

Millions was spent as dozens of people/ rescuers look for them.

 

Taec was found at the bay in a critical condition and Suzy's body was not found.

-------------------------------------------

Forgive me for wrong grammars and stuff. I'll edit it if I have time :))

What do you think about this story? Tell me :D