Nam's Song

Boy with The Guitar in His Hand
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I already found my self a job..", Jonghyun talked with his mate through cellphone. Seems that his mate said something to him and he continued to talk,

 

"Well, I'll be a guitar-teacher in an art-institute…".

 

***

 

It's been two months since Jonghyun came to Seoul. He got a job as a teacher and a part-time guitar technician. Beside that, there's no significant change about his life here. He still play guitar everyday, helping his mother whatever he can, and meeting the funny-nextdoor-girl who always makes him smile everyday. Meeting Shinhye is one of the best thing that he found when living in Seoul. Whatever she do is magic for him and it also happened with Shinhye. After the day when someone special came into her life, she can feel the real happiness glowing her day. She knows everyday are running normally, but there's one thing that she got after Jonghyun came,

 

"Though the days are running, the time will never running out when you are in love...", she wore a big smile as she got into the subway heading to campus.

 

Meanwhile, in the afternoon at the campus,

 

Shinhye is on the rooftop seeing the scenery around the campus. She feels the afternoon breeze slipping through her hair with the sun shines so bright and the clearest blue sky covers it. Going to rooftop between the class interval, she's not often doing it. But this morning, she thought it would be good to see the blue sky in this afternoon. So she did it. Some Smiths tunes are airing through her phone with earphone hanging on her ears.

 

Playing The Smiths - Reel Around The Fountain

 

"Johda!", she smiled seeing the beautiful scenery from the top of the campus building.

 

On the other side, Yonghwa is sitting on the floor lean on the wall seeing the blue sky with a cup of cold americano beside him. He listened to his favorite tunes with high volume until he can't listened anything from his surrounding. He enjoyed the scenery there while The freshed-dew that sticking on the cup is dropped to the floor because of hot weather. Well, cold beverage is the best for hot weather like this. He slurps his coffee on and on until it sounds like there's no more coffee on the cup. Shinhye who standing on the other side hear someone slurped with a low tone while she was no longer listening to music. She unplugged her earphone from her ear and saw the shadow of someone reflected beside the rooftop floor. Suddenly she heard someone phone's ringing with the kakao-talk tune. So she hide behind the other wall, spying. As the shadow become bigger than before, the footsteps sounding periodically, Yonghwa appeared across Shinhye whom spying him behind the wall.

"The Narcisstic guy!", shinhye shocked and covered with her hand.

"So he also study here?", she kept spying him until he dissapeared from her eyes.

 

After today's class is over, she's going to Hongki's store.

 

Playing Oasis - Rock 'n Roll Star

 

Yonghwa walked to his car to take his guitar out. He wears his black shade and leather motorcycle-jacket. His brown-Dr.Marten sounding like a drum-beat, accompanying his steps to a crowd whose already waiting for something to see.

 

"Excuse me", Yonghwa talked to some girls at the end of the crowd's row to give him a way trough the crowd.

 

"Is that the hottest boy with the guitar on his hand? Omo, his body touched mine just now!", one of a girl talked excitingly to the others and they began to scream after that.

 

"Yong, the crew said we have 10 minutes to check sound..", a boy with long hair said to Yonghwa on the backstage.

"Alright, how about your throat?"

"Fine, not just like the last week", the boy gave a smirk to Yonghwa.

"You drank too much last week, that's not my fault.", Yonghwa laughed while taking off his jacket.

"But you're the one who teased me, who said it's not your fault.", he laughed give a light punch to Yonghwa.

 

He is skinnier than Yonghwa. His hair was parted in the middle and his slanted eyes give you a hope while his soft face will shine a dark aura of him. Maybe it because of his pale face, I think. 'Like a white pearl', that’s what Yonghwa think about him. For Yonghwa who doesn't have many friends, he can counted his best friend. Even less than his five fingers, and one of them is Nam Tae-Hyun, the boy with a long hair. They have been friend since in highschool. They shared same interest in music and running their band until now. For Nam Tae-Hyun, Yonghwa is his closest friend. They often hangout together just for watching gigs or playing guitar, listening to some vinyls in Yonghwa's house. If you only knew that Hongki is the closest friend of Yonghwa, then Taehyun is closer than Hongki. I can't describe more about their bromance, but if I said Yonghwa is Noel Gallagher, then Taehyun is Liam Gallagher, If I said Yonghwa is John Squire, then Taehyun is Ian Brown, then if Yonghwa is Johnny Marr, then Taehyun is The Morrissey. That's it. But he really hates when the people call him "The Morrissey".

 

"Don't call me Morrissey! I'm a not a gay and I am The Resurrection of Ian Brown.", Taehyun said to you as you watched him through a TV, playing his role in my story and suddenly he turn off the TV and you no longer see him on your TV monitor.

 

***

 

Who is Ian Brown?

 

Well, He is the vocalist of a legend Indie band called The Stone Roses. Born in the same city with The smiths, The Stone Roses was being called as The Next Smiths with Ian Brown often called has the same attitude with Morrissey but he always ignored it. The Stone Roses is often cited to be the pioneer of Britpop, and has influenced on many britpop's band in 90s. As the vocalist, Ian Brown is famous with his outspoken and rebel attitude. If Morrissey is the feminime version of manchester's rebellion againts the world, then Ian Brown is the masculine version of it. Truth to be told, if Johnny Marr didn't end up finding Morrissey, then the vocalist of The Smiths would be Ian. He is the one who wants to play on the mars and wanted The Stone Roses to be bigger than The Beatles.He is Nam Tae-Hyun's hero of all time (In this story).

 

 

"Ready?", Taehyun gave a look to Yonghwa who standing with his electric guitar on the right side of the stage.

 

 

Meanwhile, in the same time, Hongki pulled Shinhye's hand in hurry as he ran out from the store.

 

"Hongki-ya! Please released my hand, jebal!", Shinhye screamed toward hongki.

"Ya! Tarrawa! Just follow me!", hongki ran as still holding Shinhye's hand.

 

Not far from the store, Shinhye heard a loud music echoing through the air. As they arrive, there are many crowd blocking the stage and Shinhye couldn't see the band who performed on the stage. She and Hongki tried to breach the crowd's wall to go in front of the stage.

 

"Waterfall..", Taehyun said something before singing the next song.

 

All the crowd screamed, some of them giving applause and some of them just whistling. The chiming-guitar-sound is played serenely from Yonghwa's guitar. Taehyun started to sing the magical lyrics just like he read some wise words from bible. Hearing the first word from the song, Shinhye freeze for a while. She took a look at the stage, watching a man who sing so wisely.

 

"He looked so precious..", Hongki hear it from Shinhye. She didn't blink her eyes even a second just to watch that wise man singing the entire song.

 

"If I still a little-kid when I watch this, He would be my hero for my entire life start from now", Shinhye feel amaze seeing Taehyun singing on the stage.

 

There's a girl asking a question to Shinhye. She whispered something to Shinhye's ear.

 

"What is the title of this song?", she asked Shinhye

"Oh, it's Waterfall by The Stone Roses.."

"Oh, why did Yonghwa oppa always play the song that I never heard before, huft..", the girl was searching something about the song with her phone.

"(What?! Did she just say "Yonghwa" before?!)", Shinhye felt shocked about what the girl said just now.

"Ah kamsahamnida eonnie!", the girl thanked to Shinhye.

"Ah ne..", Shinhye was tiptoeing among the crowd search for something.

 

Then suddenly, she is widen her eyes and then buried her head to hide herself.

 

"Aigoo, why he always there where the good music comes from.", she talking to herself still burying her head.

"Shinhye, do you want to go to the frontline?", Hongki asked Shinhye.

"Ah no no no! I have to go home soon after this song!There's something I want to do with my mom, mianhae hongki..", Shinhye refused Hongki because she doesn't want Yonghwa acknowledge her watching his band from the crowd.

"Oh geurae..".

 

Yonghwa, he is always gorgeous with his guitar. He knows how to act cool with his guitar and play it amazingly. But for today, the star is not him. It's the vocalist caught my attention for the first time.

 

"Hongki?", Shinhye talked something to Hongki

"Ne?"

"Do you know the vocalist of this band?"

"Ah yeah, He is Nam Tae-Hyun. My friend since in highschool.."

"Ah I see, what about the band?"

"They are The Fools."

"Ah, so it's the famous band that you ever told me before?"

"Right! That's why I brought you here.. They are f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter