11 - Leave

Little Things
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Mina’s POV

 

Mummy is acting so weird, and it's starting to scare me. Ever since Luhan left us days ago, there has been a deep sadness etched into his features, something that's impossible to ignore. I can't help but wonder why he's so distraught. Is it because of Luhan? Or is there something more to the story?

 

The silence in our home is suffocating, and it's driving me to seek refuge in my own little world. Mummy needs time for himself, and I understand that, so I decide to immerse myself in the digital realm of social media.

 

I log into my Twitter account, hoping to find some distraction amidst the sea of updates and posts. As I mindlessly scroll through my feed, I receive a direct message notification. It catches my attention, pulling me away from the swirl of thoughts about my mother. I click on the profile picture and am shocked to see that it's the person who saved me, along with his friends. Thanks to them, Luhan found me, and I was safely reunited with my family.

 

"Hi, it is us again," the message reads, instantly making me sit up a little straighter. I'm eager to hear what they have to say. "We forgot to tell you something. Here."

 

A screenshot of an Instagram direct message conversation appears on my screen. It's a message from Luhan, and my eyes widen as I read the words he sent:

 

"Stay there. Don't do anything bad to my daughter."

 

My heart races as I process the gravity of his message. The implication is clear, and I can't help but feel a mixture of emotions. I quickly type out a response to the direct message, my fingers trembling with anticipation.

 

"Is this for real?" I ask, needing confirmation and reassurance. "You guys are not lying, right?"

 

The reply comes swiftly, and the person on the other end seems just as shocked as I am. "Of course, we don't! I swear I didn't edit or anything. You can tell whether it's fake or not. I swore I didn't post this anywhere too. We didn't read his last DM when he came to you. I just found out today and figured that I need to tell you."

 

I take a deep breath, trying to process the weight of the revelation. It's a lot to digest, and I can't help but wonder about the reasons behind Luhan's message. But for now, I simply respond with gratitude and relief.

 

"Okay. By the way, thanks for telling me," I write back, the words barely scratching the surface of the whirlwind of emotions inside me. There's so much I want to understand, and this is just the beginning of unraveling the mystery that surrounds Luhan.

 

As I put my phone down, my thoughts are consumed by the enigma that has just presented itself. The pieces of the puzzle are slowly falling into place, but I know there's still much more to uncover. The uncertainty gnaws at me, and I can't shake the feeling that there's more to this story than meets the eye.

 

***

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter